AF1JZ aka AFone's build up thread

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Thanks guys. Once everything is done and just needs a paintjob, I'm going to stick with pearl white and have the moldings the same color.

I should definitly be going to NE2K7. It's at Englishtown right? What was the date again? I know it's June something.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Here is a picture of the relocated battery. I actually have the carpet tucked down and looks better that way. I'll be posting some more pictures of the engine bay this weekend. I have to clean up the valve covers and thinking about polishing all the intake pipes.

p605000_1.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Looking good sir...................:love:
I put my battery in the back also, but I put it just right of center as your looking at the back of the car.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I wanted to put it more towards the center, but I'm keeping my spare since it will be my DD. I might change my mind later if I decided to make a sub enclosure where the spare tire it.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Some bad news today. I got the car registered and insured today and went for a test drive. Everything was great and the car hauled ass. Then I went to the gas station and saw white smoke coming from my hood. I saw that it was coolant and made it right home before it was overheating too bad. Looks like the coolant fan (clutch type) somehow got stuck on the fan shroud at the top and put a hole in my radiator at the bottom. Crappy part is I got the used radiator and fan shroud from members on here at a great price and they are now both ruined :cry: . Not to mention is messed up the fan blades as well. I have a spare though. So, now I'm in need of a radiator again and can't really afford a performance one. I'm hoping someone buys my stuff on my small for sale thread.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
It is what the shifter sits on. It is a hard bushing that makes the shifts feel tight and not sloppy. I'd recommend it to everyone.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Little update...Did a temp fix on the radiator and it seems to be working. I took it offbase and drove it around and everything is looking good. Another little problem though...I went to the gas station and put 10 gallons of premium and now my gas gauge isn't working. Anything thoughts on that?

Tomorrow I'm going to finally wash and detail the exterior. Claybar and all.

Here is a pic of the new Pioneer CD player with Ipod control that I bought the other day. Fortunately the car had an aftermarket tape deck and when I took it out, it had the aftermarket wiring harness. So, putting it in was a piece of cake.

p606322_1.jpg

Here's the engine bay all done. I'm in the process of painting the cam cover. I got the spark plug cover done and it looks good. I'm going to paint the valve covers in the next day or two and clean in there some more.

p606322_2.jpg

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Looking nice!!

You'll need to pull the gas level gauge out of the tank and bent the pin a bit. This usually happens when you let the car sit with the same amount of gas for too long. No biggie.