AF1JZ aka AFone's build up thread

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
AF1JZ said:
Forgot to mention a little more. I'm working on a somewhat tight budget being a military man and all and plenty of bills. I'm doing the best I can with what I got.

Don't feel bad. Most of us are in the same boat. :)

Great cars aren't built overnight. Looks like you've got a good foundation(engine and body) so it's all good.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
OneJoeZee said:
Don't feel bad. Most of us are in the same boat. :)

Great cars aren't built overnight. Looks like you've got a good foundation(engine and body) so it's all good.

I'm just inpatient I guess. That is the great thing about this car. No rust and only a few dings and dents. Not bad for $200. I mentioned I got it from Odomd on here. I work with him here at the base.

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
Glad to see the pics.:)

Look what I have...
afone.jpg

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Well, today wasn't that productive. Pretty much finished up all the small things.

Here is a pic with Odomd's 1jz, my 1jz, and KC10mec's 7mgte from behind today.
p597352_1.jpg

Tomorrow is going to suck. Look at all those wires I have to extend. Odomd is coming over to help.
p597352_2.jpg

Here is the engine bay as it sits tonight. I still have to do a lot of cleaning. Just want it running first.
p597352_3.jpg

So, hopefully I'll have news tomorrow that it runs. Just have to do the wiring, add brake fluid, clutch fluid, and radiator fluid and that should be it. I'm sure there's more. So, we'll see when I go to turn the key. But, I'm leaving to go eat at Longhorns and see "The Hills have eyes 2".

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
IT'S RUNNING!!! That's right, I finally got it to start and drive. Boy it's faster than I expected. I just have to finish hiding the wiring and a couple more small things and she's done. I'll post some more pics when I get the engine bay all done up.