2JZ NA-T in my 87T

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Project is almost complete at this point.. I got my Stinger EMS from Driftmotion. All hell is going to break lose when I try to wire this bad boy up. :(

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
stingermh9.jpg

and there it is..:aigo: :1zhelp:

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
haha yup, I don't have much left to do..

Wire in 3 more wires for the stinger
Install IS300 coils
Wire up electric fans
dump in tranny fluid and coolant
tighten driveshaft to diff bolts
Load stinger maps, figure out settings.. tune.
Finish welding my downpipe

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Thanks guys, I have my stinger almost completely wired up. All I have to do is wire in the 3 ignition wires. The car will turn over, thats a good sign ;)

I'm not getting much help with my stinger thread in the 7M forum.. you guys think if I post up my ECU setup screen, you could lend some wisdom? I just need another POV on some of these things because I'd hate to screw somethign up. My cars really close to completion now.

The list is..
2 driveshaft bolts need to be tightended.
finish welding DP
run ignition switch wire to electric fans relay
fill w/ coolant
vac lines
and the biggie.. figureing out this ECU setup ;)

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
oops.. so I managed to wreck my car without it even running yet.

3807009io5.jpg

not too bad.. worst case scenario is I might have a hole in my IC. I don't care.

3807010cv0.jpg

good thing I have the tuck, I'd never be able to move it by myself.

3807012jf5.jpg

I made my downpipe.. that was supprisingly easy. I hate fluxcore tho.

Last edited:

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Intercooler looks fine. Keep it up.

FWIW, my stinger install is finished, with me starting the car, and I drove it the other day. I just need more tuning. Yay.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
MidShipCivic- Thanks!

RXJ- Awesome man! I think I'm having trouble with my fuel pump relay, and cut off relay wiring. I can't plug in the stinger to a computer until my USB-COM adapter gets here. How did that go for you?

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
hottscennessey said:
RXJ- Awesome man! I think I'm having trouble with my fuel pump relay, and cut off relay wiring. I can't plug in the stinger to a computer until my USB-COM adapter gets here. How did that go for you?

I had to use a bosch type relay ground activated, not too hard to do, and I know you can do it! I have a 10 guage wire from the battery to the Walbro. My computer has a serial port, I made sure to buy one with a serial, and it's been a good investment. If your shooting for anything barely over 500whp, I'd recommend a larger wire to the fuel pump. You won't be able to test anything until you get that USB adapter. You had to order one? They didn't have one at your local RadioShack? SUX! Get'r done! Then go find a good map. You can try using a 2JZ (USDM) fuel map if you don't have one yet, I looked but the stickies are not stickies anymore over on SF. Makes me wish I got 550's instead of 800cc's, lol. People are saying the stock 1JZ fuel rail won't flow enough across the rail to support anything larger than 550's, so I guess it's time to buy an additional injector controllor for my three additional injectors in the intercooler pipes.

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
RacerXJ220 said:
People are saying the stock 1JZ fuel rail won't flow enough across the rail to support anything larger than 550's, so I guess it's time to buy an additional injector controllor for my three additional injectors in the intercooler pipes.

Is you fuel rail dual-feed? I have to modify my 2j GE fuel rail to run dual inputs with a center return to the FPR. I guess it would depend on the ID of your fuel rail - Ive never seen the one you are using. If you want to measure yours and let me know I will compare it with my GE rail.... I know some people are using the GE rail with dual feed for big HP.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
RacerXJ220 said:
I had to use a bosch type relay ground activated, not too hard to do, and I know you can do it! I have a 10 guage wire from the battery to the Walbro. My computer has a serial port, I made sure to buy one with a serial, and it's been a good investment. If your shooting for anything barely over 500whp, I'd recommend a larger wire to the fuel pump. You won't be able to test anything until you get that USB adapter. You had to order one? They didn't have one at your local RadioShack? SUX! Get'r done! Then go find a good map. You can try using a 2JZ (USDM) fuel map if you don't have one yet, I looked but the stickies are not stickies anymore over on SF. Makes me wish I got 550's instead of 800cc's, lol. People are saying the stock 1JZ fuel rail won't flow enough across the rail to support anything larger than 550's, so I guess it's time to buy an additional injector controllor for my three additional injectors in the intercooler pipes.

I actually just got my serial adapter in a few minutes ago, I can't wait to get home from work and try it out. Unfortunately I can't even get the FP thing figured out because I can't get the injector O-rings to seal with the GE fuel rail. I'm trying to figure out if I should buy some 7M o-rings or 2JZGE o-rings to make it work. Are the USDM 2JZ Maps over on SF? I didn't see any under the Stinger's preloaded maps. I'd probably have to decode them through AEM right?