2JZ NA-T in my 87T

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Thanks man!

I'm cranking over the car, but no luck. I managed to get the CPS in decent working order, just to get it running. I know the engine is flooded (from the CPS dilema) so I'm currently taking out the spark plugs and letting it air out. I have the suspicion that the ignition signal is not reaching the ignitor correctly, because when I crank the stock tach isn't dancing.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Cold start percent increase is set? What size injectors? Using 1J base map? Dwell? Do you read RPM in the software? Don't rely on the stock tach, check it out in the software while cranking. Double check the software settings. Triple check the software settings, lol.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
yea, CS% is set, a basemap from bigaaron's 7M is loaded, including everything to run w/ the CPS and 550's. I'm reading the RPM from the software, and the stock tach doesn't move at all when I crank. I'm not even getting a backfire. We'll see what happens today because I let the spark plugs sit out of the engine over night to clear any flooded fuel.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
The ignitor does work right? Stock 7M? If you aren't getting a tach signal to the stock unit, maybe the ignitor isn't getting power. Check it out!

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
The ignitor is setup exactly how it was for the 7M, and I never had any issues with it. It should still have power going to it, because I havn't messed with it. It could be blown tho.. I have no clue, the only thing I can do is switch it out and see if it works.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I love this idea, jesse aka JMCBOOST is going this route and if he makes it work well since hes local I may just start piece by piece buying all the things needed and then get my manual tranny swap too, I like this route since it's ben proven on the NA MK4 and IS300, I think it'd be less of a pain to use a standalone system though. Good luck man

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Thanks man, I'm just SOOO close and its driving me crazy. I can't figure out this spark situation to save my life.

If someone has a spare ignitor I could test out please LMK, I'll pay shipping and buy it from you if it works!

GeneStarWindGSW

Been To The Other Side...
Mar 25, 2007
No Man's Land
www.bidmingle.com
wow cennessey your so close man :icon_razz i know you can do it. My supra might get fixed soon then expected too ^_^. Im buying the R154 Tranny complete this friday & then the week after im gonna buy the 1j bell housing/1j flywheel & FW arp bolts. so 1-2 weeks & i might get my 2j running =D. By then cennessey you'll have your supra running hard :biglaugh:

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
i already have vpc with 440's chip & gcc for my 7m setup but i blew the 7m and i really curious about doing this build i noticed that you would have to wire the injectors to high impedance from low impeadance would the vpc & gcc still work?instead of going full standalone.

thanks caleb

Last edited:

supra87t/t4

Phase Two
Apr 9, 2005
MPLS, MN
If you're going to try this I would suggest you stick to the mindset that you first want to try to re-use every piece of 7M compatible electronics (stock or upgraded) that you can, that way you don't even have to think about how to make it work electrically. You can look at my thread, but I think the only 2JZ parts that I have hooked up to my 7M harness are the ISC and the alternator (edit: forgot about the starter), everything else came from a 7M.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Update.. I'm getting spark thanks to the CPS I picked up :) but only to the coils for wires 1+6 and 5+2. I found out in the harness I made for the IS300 coils, the signal wire to the 3+4 coils is grounding out, IDK where yet, but at least I figured that out!

I also snapped a wire on my CPS connector (harness side), luckily I found a sare connector I had laying around!

Lets hope this is the last of the issues preventing me from starting my car (ahh, probably not.. but I can dream ;))