2JZ NA-T in my 87T

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Yesterday I decided to install my alcohol injection. I decided to have my ECU control it, and I will tune for it in my ECU.

51207001uv1.jpg

dual 14 gph injectors ;)

51207002ch2.jpg

Yes, lol, thats a 7M valve cover grommet on the left.

51207003iz1.jpg

check valve and high pressure fittings, cheap and easy.

51207008sl8.jpg

installed

51207006gd2.jpg

cat: 1 state bird: 0

51207004qj4.jpg

This came out of my catch can.. smells like gas, looks like gas, not flamable tho. Must be gas and water.. gas must be from all the cranking I was doing trying to start her up

51207005pv1.jpg

has some oil on top.

51207007qk9.jpg

Tranny

51207009tr3.jpg

wheels.. prep is taking forever. I ordered Azenis RT615's 275/40/17 for rear; Azenis 215 245/24/17 for the fronts.

Next thing I need to do is tune for 20 PSI.. hopefully I'll have enough fuel. The meth will help, but only so much. I was hoping to hit 25 PSI on these injectors, but there is no way in hell :( Looks like I'll have to dump money into a fancy fuel system next. damnit.

Last edited:

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I've decided to start planning out my fuel system.. it' not going to be anything special by any means, I'm going with a low-budget dual walbro setup.

I will be using:
-Stock hanger
-anti-magnetic foam to seperate pump magnets (if I can find any).
-dual walbro 255lph fuel pumps
-dual OEM fuel lines from tank to rail
-dual OEM fuel filters
-dual realys triggered by factory wiring
-dual -6AN feed to 2JZGE fuel rail
-stock return line (unless there is a problem controling FP)
-injectors 720cc or larger.

I've never seen anyone run dual OEM lines, but I have also never met anyone as ghetto as I am. I think it should be fine since people have had no problem making 500whp on a walbro and one OEM fuel line.

I realize ya'll are going to say "do it right or don't do it at all". Feel free to tell me this, but realize that a nice fuel setup will cost more than my entire motor did.. and this setup looks like it should be ok.

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
I dont know how you are going to incorporate the fuel feed on the gas tank - im not saying its impossible I just dont know how you will do it. Also you will have to figure out the mounting for the secondary fuel filter and get the fittings lined up.

Im not going to use the OEM filter again. I plan on using the fuel vapor (charcoal canister) as a line from the secondary pump, crossing the lines somewhere in the middle to equalize the pressure between pumps, and running a dual feed into both sides of the NA fuel rail. I will still use the same return line and if I cant keep down the pressure then I will upgrade it but I think it will be fine.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Thats a pretty good idea P1. I'm doubting that I'll run this setup afterall.. I'm looking at maybe getting a Bosche 044, but then IDK if I'd run larger lines, or if that would be enough fuel. This is a major headache.. I need to figure something out because I don't want to spend a fortune.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
ok, one HUGE queston, will that mani and turbo setup fit with the dizzy still on the motor. it looks like it would clear, and im about ready to bite the bullet and buy a 2jz-ge, and use a do a NA-T (undecided which turbo, something between a t57 and a t70) and am strongly concidering using the same turbo setup as you, only wiring in the 2jz-ge ecu and using a MAP-ECU.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I doubt my setup will fit with the 2JZ dizzy, but good news is that you can easily make/have made a T4 riser that will point the turbo at more of an angle to clear the dizzy. I heard that anything over a 60 trim won't clear, but I'm not sure how true that is.. check on clubna-t.com under the xspower section, i think they have some info on it.

Adrian98

Banned
Dec 19, 2006
orange county
hottscennessey said:
I finally got the turbo mounted and oil lines all situated, I'll have to get some pics and post them. I'm really happy with how everything looks and fits.. even the MKIV downpipe fits without hitting the firewall! All I'll have to do is weld it to the bottom half of my DP!

anways.. here's a pic from just after we got the engine in and manifold on
intakemanifold001cq3.jpg
i've been second guessing about doing this swap because my 7m is running fantastic right now but after seeing the visual i really miss have a 2j in my car.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
It's a lot of work Adrian, but I had a perfectly running 7M as well and I couldn't be happier.

I have a question guys.. If this chart is accurate, how large of injectors would I be able to run off of a Bosch 044 pump? Does it look like it's worth upgrading from the walbro?
Bosch_044_vs_Walbro_255HP.JPG