2JZ NA-T in my 87T

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
suprajjang said:
hey did you end up getting a new IC? great to hear your car is running strong again::w00t::

Nah.. the IC actually didn't end up having a hole, just a kinda deep indention that looked like one lol. You know I'm too cheap to replace it, and too lazy to fix it if it ain't broke ;) At least you can't see the indention. Starbucks on friday this summer? Oh yea I'm so there :naughty:

jmcboost said:
I was thinking the same on the valve covers. That would look sharp with a 1 or 2JZGTE valve cover setup.

Yea man, I know for a fact that the 2JZ valve covers fit without modification. A lot of guys do it at clubna-t, but IDK about the 1JZ valve covers.. that would kinda be cool. Sleeper ;)

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
LOL awww mannn.. I'm going ricer. I'm going to get a body kit and keep it that unpainted baby blue color. Then I'll be sleeper.. ricer IS the new sleeper ;) People will just think the IC is an inter-fooler.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
If I had to guess, I would say the valve covers fit since the valve cover gaskets are compatible but I don't have any evidence. Maybe there's someone local that could lend you a pair to test fit. Would be an easy aesthetic upgrade.

Congratulations on getting it back together.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Thanks Joe! I wish I could borrow some from someone.. only problem with supra friends w/ 1JZ's... their cars always run :( LOL

I'm sure I'll figure it out soon.

Thanks Jeff! It'll get there.. someday :)

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
hottscennessey said:
Thanks Joe! I wish I could borrow some from someone.. only problem with supra friends w/ 1JZ's... their cars always run :( LOL
lol. That's funny...

Just have them come over for a few hours. You're JZ now. spark plugs and valve covers are like a 2 minute job. :p

Really though, all you'd have to do is test fit and give em back. Shouldn't take more than an hour. If they work, then cool.:) You can hit up the FS section. If not:(, there's always the GTE covers.

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
hottscennessey said:
Nah.. the IC actually didn't end up having a hole, just a kinda deep indention that looked like one lol. You know I'm too cheap to replace it, and too lazy to fix it if it ain't broke ;) At least you can't see the indention. Starbucks on friday this summer? Oh yea I'm so there :naughty:

hopefully by then ill have my new rim on the car and have either a mkiv or some other sports car that is coming out soon:icon_bigg

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
OneJoeZee said:
lol. That's funny...

Just have them come over for a few hours. You're JZ now. spark plugs and valve covers are like a 2 minute job. :p

Really though, all you'd have to do is test fit and give em back. Shouldn't take more than an hour. If they work, then cool.:) You can hit up the FS section. If not:(, there's always the GTE covers.

Good point! LOL, Actually I just found out that the 1JZGTE valve covers DO fit, you just have to re-shape the valve cover gasket a little bit to get it to fit right.

suprajjang said:
hopefully by then ill have my new rim on the car and have either a mkiv or some other sports car that is coming out soon

I know what you're thinking... you shal never be faster than my ghetto cruiser! ;) JK, but sounds good, I've always wanted to show an MKIV how it's done.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Thanks!

So I have questions about my Methanol injection. The stinger has an aux input for things like 2 step, and Nitrous. I was originally planning on using this for my methanol injection. Small problem with that.. I can't subtract fuel from the map, only add. I could, however.. add timing. I'm not used to the idea of adding timing, and whenever people talk about it, it never sounds safe. LOL. Should I consider adding timing as a way for subtracting fuel? Does anyone know how to measure how much is too much?

I could always tune the map for Meth.. I know. But what happens if the meth doesn't cut on for whatever reason.. blown motor. Therefore I really can't do that. I know, I could get the stinger to activate the meth pump via relay so it's on the same boost scaling as my tuning table, and in a perfect world it would be fine.. but over time, connections could lose their conductivity, and somehow the pump could fail to power, and I'd be out a motor.

What do you guys thing about this?

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
hottscennessey said:
I know what you're thinking... you shal never be faster than my ghetto cruiser! ;) JK, but sounds good, I've always wanted to show an MKIV how it's done.

the day i get my next car we shall go to the track and the loser(cough*scott*cough) can pay:biglaugh:

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
suprajjang said:
the day i get my next car we shall go to the track and the loser(cough*scott*cough) can pay:biglaugh:

Pshh wudeva. I've never been to the track.. how about a 60mph roll?:evil2:
The loser buys Wendy's Frosty's.

More recent pics to come! Just because you asked :)

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
LOL, up to 5 psi. I forgot to zip tie the line to my WG, and never set for boost cut on the Stinger (stupid me). I hit 26.6 PSI and lit up the tires pretty nicely! :) This thing spools like crazy.

MidShipCivic

Honda/Nissan/Mitsubishi
Sep 19, 2005
Orlando Florida
hottscennessey said:
LOL, up to 5 psi. I forgot to zip tie the line to my WG, and never set for boost cut on the Stinger (stupid me). I hit 26.6 PSI and lit up the tires pretty nicely! :) This thing spools like crazy.

Sounds exciting just dont light up a hole in the side of that 2jz block. :icon_conf