You know you're an N/A owner when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
supradan22 said:
Look at the bright side imagine how the n/a 1g people feel..... must suck to have a n/a 2.0 in a MKIII I belive they have like 130 to the crank.

1g? what engine is that?? never heard of such insanity...our cars are to heavy for that lack of power....yuck!

Erkenz said:
You know your an n/a owner when you cant beat a probe gt.

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? please dont tell me that a car named PROBE can be faster than ours..... are they? there's also one of those at my school... :(

I liked the feeling that my car was one of the quicker ones and i'm beginning to doubt that...

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
I belive the first gen probe GT is faster then a n/a supra its a 2.2ltr turbo mazda motor thats in the mx6 and 626 turbo models.

1gge is the n/a code its was the slowest supra eva i think.

89Joe

POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
My brother has a Probe and although its quick, it lacks power. Off the line the thing is faster then hell but when cruising it just dosnt have the power like the Supra. I would with no doubt say it would win off the line but after that no contest.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
probably lighter.... it is definatly smaller. is his a GT? i would think an extra 30-50 hp on tap could help a bit....depending. i know NOTHING about them...and would probably like them if it weren't for the name.

Whenever i hear it's name i think of the classic claim to being probed by aliens when they were "abducted"..... its just an odd name for a car...i dunno.

------EDIT----
supra....turbo i would guess...(it didnt say)

Horsepower 230.00 HP (169.3 KW) @ 5600.00 RPM
Torque 246.00 Ft-Lbs (333.6 NM) @ 4000.00 RPM
HP to Weight Ratio 15.3 LB / HP

probe...

Horsepower 164.00 HP (120.7 KW) @ 5600.00 RPM
Torque 160.00 Ft-Lbs (217 NM) @ 4000.00 RPM
HP to Weight Ratio 16.4 LB / HP

Last edited:

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
Figit090 said:
ok we have a debate here...lol. i'll look for specs

find the specs

I never went heads up against one but i toyed with one, and after a few speed up slowdown deals, and a couple hard take offs from some lights,with the particular encouter i had he seen how fast i caught back up to him from a dig so he wouldnt run me.At the time i was stock to and as far as i know he had and exhaust and most likely an intake

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Even with the excess weight, a 7MGE 5 speed Supra should hanlde most of its real competition. 4.30's go a long way to offset the weight.

If your car is running right.

Neil

Poker of the Smot
Apr 29, 2006
In the Supe
Change the subject.

You know your an NA owner when you feel sad when u hear other supras go vroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom pshhhhhhhhh vrooooooooom

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
I got into a green light with an eclipse today. It wasn't the old body style. It was probably circa year 2k. It was fun. I played with him off and on till 85mph, I down shifted and dog dicked it. You would have thought he hit the brakes. Forget about a probe.

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
Fuzz420 said:
A probe gt is the least of my worryies, how bout one of them 300zx n/a's.The have 30 more horsepower, but from what ive read the gearing isnt the best.Apples for apples ;)
I've beaten one. :) I had 3 people in the car including me, and he was by himself. :biglaugh:

-Matt

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
haha...yipiee.... i feel better now...thanks! lol....now if i could get my engine running...

You know you're a 7mge owner when you see blue smoke and wish it was just a dying turbo....

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
GotToyota? said:
I've beaten one. :) I had 3 people in the car including me, and he was by himself. :biglaugh:

-Matt

two up front, one laying down in the backseat, and one crouched in the hatch?

I'm 5'11" at 130lbs and I can barely fit in those backseats!

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
wingman said:
two up front, one laying down in the backseat, and one crouched in the hatch?

I'm 5'11" at 130lbs and I can barely fit in those backseats!

PFFFTTT!!! people whine and complain....it can be done... i'm 150 lbs and 6' 1'' and my friend who is larger and a a bit taller than me rode back there, behind the DRIVERS SEAT... but i had to scoot it forward a bit...lol. it felt a bit funny but it worked fine. If i tried i would get 5 people in my car...mabe 6. two in the passenger, two in back, and two in the hatch, severly crumpled together in fetal positions....heh:naughty: :evil2:

Neil

Poker of the Smot
Apr 29, 2006
In the Supe
F that, I fit a 300 lbs guy in the front and a 180 + 3 girls in the back.. me driving don't even pull that shit :p u just gotta make people lay on eachother

-Neil

Neil

Poker of the Smot
Apr 29, 2006
In the Supe
You know your an na owner when you wish u had a turbo to charge up hills with many people in your car? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.