You know you're a Supra owner when...

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
....you can never find enough money to go to a movie or out to eat with friends or buy those extra little treats like candy and whatnot, but can some how always afford a mod that cost $1200.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
encomiast said:
well.... the original MKIII hood emblem says "Celica Supra", doesn't it? and the MKIII shares the chassis denominator with the old Celicas (Supras): A7. even the MKIV got it: A8.
after the Supra was introduced as a seperate model, the Celica got a T instead, as in T16, T18 and so on.... probably only Toyota knows why. BTW can anyone tell me which model had the T denominator before generation 16? Jeff?

so calling a MKIII or even a MKIV a Celica Supra isn't that wrong technically. yes, I like splitting hairs :D

The original MKIII hood emblem did not say Celica Supra, after the MK2, there was nothing about the Supra that tied it to the Celica in any way, other than the fact that the Celica used to be built on the A-series chassis.

I can't remember what was built on the T-series chassis before the Celica was, but there was something, and IIRC, it used to be RWD too, heh. Corona, Caldina, something, I'll look it up when I get home ;).

In any case, no, calling the MKIII and MKIV a Celica Supra really isn't correct, lol. They had basically no ties by that point.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
D34DC311 said:
....you can never find enough money to go to a movie or out to eat with friends or buy those extra little treats like candy and whatnot, but can some how always afford a mod that cost $1200.
LMAO so true!

2 minute noodles the Mk3 owners friend :)

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Jeff Lange said:
The original MKIII hood emblem did not say Celica Supra, after the MK2, there was nothing about the Supra that tied it to the Celica in any way, other than the fact that the Celica used to be built on the A-series chassis.

I almost bought a MKIII and it had the Celica Supra emblem on it, had the Celica dragon thing on it. It was weird, but I'm pretty sure someone added it onto the car.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
IJ. said:
LMAO so true!

2 minute noodles the Mk3 owners friend :)

I've always been called cheap, then when i spent $700 on coilovers(my first big mod, minus minor things the bring the car back to stock) they found out why, i DLed an Ebook for one of my classes instead of spending the $50 for the text book, :). who needs food from fast food places when a 10c bag of noodles do the trick. it all ends up in the same place :)

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I remember some of the guys I worked with when I was a little younger - if they were saving money for something, or were in trouble with money, they would buy a bunch of the bags of Maruchan or Top Ramen. It's 5 cents for a packet here, and it's one of the few ways to help a military guy save alot of money fast. There are some things I could see eating everyday, but that's not one of them. I guess that's a sacrifice they were willing to make.

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
Jeff Lange said:
The original MKIII hood emblem did not say Celica Supra
oops... you're right, I just found a picture of it....must have been a brain fart :weak:

either way, I wouldn't mind if someone associated the Supra with an A-series Celica. they were RWD, had cool looks.... only the newer ones are not that nice IMO (unless they're AWD and turbo).

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
encomiast said:
oops... you're right, I just found a picture of it....must have been a brain fart :weak:

either way, I wouldn't mind if someone associated the Supra with an A-series Celica. they were RWD, had cool looks.... only the newer ones are not that nice IMO (unless they're AWD and turbo).

Looked it up, the T-series was used on the Corona and Carina.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Somebody actually told me my 91 looks like a Probe the other day. I was showing him the pictures. I dont get it. The first gen Probe like the first gen Supra are both a basic wedge, but it ends right there.