You know you're a Supra owner when...

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
You start laughing when you see another supra bites the dust on the side of road thinking you know what’s going on that persons mine....what the **** is wrong now you piece of ****.

modnar

If all else fails-Kick it
Aug 28, 2005
NOR*CAL
T701jz said:
You start laughing when you see another supra bites the dust on the side of road thinking you know what’s going on that persons mine....what the **** is wrong now you piece of ****.

When you pull over to help every time you see that supra on the side of the road... cause you feel for what they're going through.

modnar

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Nick M said:
The first two are Celicas. I guess I just have some quirks about the car.

well gee..... being 89+, isn't your's the 2nd gen then?

on another note...

You say, "Follow me closely because I don't have a cell phone." And at the next light take off going 70 mph.

lol, who hasn't done that?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
mkiiSupraMan18 said:
You say, "Follow me closely because I don't have a cell phone." And at the next light take off going 70 mph.

I did this to my friend who thought his civic was fast. :biglaugh:
i told him try and keep up. he says "a kid on a bike could keep up to your 80s peice of junk" boy was he in for it, so i gave him the slip, was quite funny whe n we got to the threater, and he said u drive to fast. kinda funny when a civics speedo maxes out at 90.

L

lanky189

D34DC311 said:
I did this to my friend who thought his civic was fast. :biglaugh:
i told him try and keep up. he says "a kid on a bike could keep up to your 80s peice of junk" boy was he in for it, so i gave him the slip, was quite funny whe n we got to the threater, and he said u drive to fast. kinda funny when a civics speedo maxes out at 90.

my supra's speedo tops out at 85!
doesn't mean i can't go faster....cuz i do.....alot.....just not sure how much faster :naughty:

mwebber

Apr 12, 2005
Boston MA
mkiiSupraMan18 said:
well gee..... being 89+, isn't your's the 2nd gen then?

don't let it get to you, I find it's typical of some "types" of people, it's not normal to most MK3 owners (or anyone else) I know. That's why it's an "A" designation for a supra, MA or JZA it's still a supra.

drop a moded 7M in any MKII and see if he can follow closely. hahaha. :naughty:

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
hahaha...in my room, consists of a full body kit standing up on end against my tv stand, 2 sets of wheels...yes, 2 SETS...8 rims...an extra tire(ya never know), ALL of my interior behind and under my bed, some stock engine parts...man, ya gotta love it.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
IJ. said:
you don't get any Supra related Christmas gifts as you've spent the entire year buying everything you can want/need/desire..... ;)
Exactly, I finally got some clothes that I neglected to buy all year.

My nieghbor the other night was asking me about my car. Hes says "thats a nice toyota what is it?" I reply "It's a supra" then its starts... "Ahhhh a celica supra, yeah those are nice" I hate explaining that its not a celica as of 86.5.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
lmao
When my mom was typing up a letter to send in chrstmas cards, she typed "Andrew got his car this year, its a 1990 Celica Supra (Turbo)..." etc.
I had to show her the differences before she changed the celica to toyota in the letter.

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
well.... the original MKIII hood emblem says "Celica Supra", doesn't it? and the MKIII shares the chassis denominator with the old Celicas (Supras): A7. even the MKIV got it: A8.
after the Supra was introduced as a seperate model, the Celica got a T instead, as in T16, T18 and so on.... probably only Toyota knows why. BTW can anyone tell me which model had the T denominator before generation 16? Jeff?

so calling a MKIII or even a MKIV a Celica Supra isn't that wrong technically. yes, I like splitting hairs :D

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I think that the Celica Supra thing is said by people who know a little about cars who want to piss off the Supra owners. You don't see a nice Celica Supra on the road but about, 1/10th as much as you see nice newer Supras. I feel like it's almost a jab at us.
It would be the same as if Dodge decided to further evolve the body and engine of the SRT-4 and then drop "Neon" from it's name to give it it's own line. People would be PISSED if you called it a Neon, but they would do it all the time.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
i dun give crap about it being called a celica supra i just hate it when people point and go "its a 4 banger right???" or "its rear wheel drive???"

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
It seems like many people are very surprised to see a RWD Japanese car with more than 4 cylinders. The Supra is above the norm, though, and some people still don't know that. The chances are, unless you own a Supra or obsess about Supras and actually research them, you probably will fall into the crowd with all of the misconceptions.
4-banger
FWD
"Oh, is it turbo?! I love that model!"
5-lug rims?
LSD?
Leather and a Targa roof? Don't Porsches have those?

Our cars are amazing, and people don't give them the credit they deserve. :D

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
mkiiSupraMan18 said:

lol i do that to NA guys who try to crash our meets..

"ok time for the cruise... NA guys try to keep up"

10 min of driving

"hey where did the NA guys go?"

??supra

Mar 31, 2005
Kodiak, Alaska
drunk_medic said:
Our cars are amazing, and people don't give them the credit they deserve. :D

i kno everytime i hang out with this girl i work with she always sees somethin new in my car and i explain it to her and she lke "wow thats really neat who would have thought a car this old would have somethin that advanced" then my reply is "its a supra what do u expect!"

hahaahah

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Ckanderson said:
lol i do that to NA guys who try to crash our meets..

"ok time for the cruise... NA guys try to keep up"

10 min of driving

"hey where did the NA guys go?"

lol, i was in this group at one of our meets, :(. i was able to keep up highway, then when it came to roads, i was screwed. damn u turbo bastards.