You know you're a Supra owner when...

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
You know you're a Supra owner when your mom goes to college?

Your project never goes anywhere, but you still keep the car and the parts.

People are jealous when they hear what kind of car you have.

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
D34DC311 said:
When your friend who owns a celica, always tells you your car sucks, but brags about how his friend owns one to everyone else.
GRAPEVINE BITCH NOW I KNOW.
:)
Funny thing is that i am in high school and there are a lot of haters that do that, he my friend owns a isuzu p'up and he says hes going to sr20 it :3d_frown:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
You know what I realized, I am the one that is out of step with the rest of the internet community. Because I just dont relate one drop to any of this thread. My dead ass reliable Toyota is something I just dont ever have to think about. Any of them. I guess I got lucky.

Sometimes people don't pronounce "MK3" as "Mark 3" but rather "M.K.3", in which case, the use of "an" is completely appropriate. I use both interchangably
I dont call it anything but a Supra. On the internet call it by model so somebody doesnt think it is a 93-98. It isnt a VW rabbit or 70's Corolla when Toyota stuck it on a car once. It isnt even the third gen. It is the first. The first two are Celicas. I guess I just have some quirks about the car.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
SupraChris said:
Funny thing is that i am in high school and there are a lot of haters that do that, he my friend owns a isuzu p'up and he says hes going to sr20 it :3d_frown:

yea he always says hes going to do a 3sgte swap and its going to make 300hp stock, man i wish he would wake the fuck up.:biglaugh:

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
D34DC311 said:
yea he always says hes going to do a 3sgte swap and its going to make 300hp stock, man i wish he would wake the fuck up.:biglaugh:

Probably not terribly difficult for a 3S-GTE, believe it or not; 3rd Gen 3S-GTE is 245hp. That's more than a stock 7M-GTE with 2/3 the displacement and better reliability. What's it going to take to put it up to 300hp? Also, you have to remember that some people refer to "stock" as "stock internals". In that case, the 3S, especially the last generation 3S, would do fine. I would basically put the 3S on par with a lesser version of the 2JZ, really - same bore and stroke, with 2 less cylinders. They even use the same boost cut controller from Greddy. Let's not forget that JGTC JZA80s are notorious for replacing their 2JZ with a 3S for great power delivery from a lighter powerplant, which can be pushed further back in the engine bay against the firewall for better weight distribution.

??supra

Mar 31, 2005
Kodiak, Alaska
when you go to best buy and the guy selling u a car stereo as what car and u say "an 87 supra" and he say "wow man i remeber those. those were fast fuckin cars"

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
drunk_medic said:
Probably not terribly difficult for a 3S-GTE, believe it or not; 3rd Gen 3S-GTE is 245hp. That's more than a stock 7M-GTE with 2/3 the displacement and better reliability. What's it going to take to put it up to 300hp? Also, you have to remember that some people refer to "stock" as "stock internals". In that case, the 3S, especially the last generation 3S, would do fine. I would basically put the 3S on par with a lesser version of the 2JZ, really - same bore and stroke, with 2 less cylinders. They even use the same boost cut controller from Greddy. Let's not forget that JGTC JZA80s are notorious for replacing their 2JZ with a 3S for great power delivery from a lighter powerplant, which can be pushed further back in the engine bay against the firewall for better weight distribution.
I think it would be cool to see a 3S-GTE in a Supra (other than the JGTC and that one from Top Secret).

BTW, DM, GT500 Supras haven't used them for a little while now, just in case you don't know. I think after the 3S they went to a 3UZ with a 5.4L displacement and now they use a 4.5L version-both NA. I'm sure they have their reasons for not using the 2JZ, I just wonder what they are, since it's not weight savings anymore.

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
"Yes mom it'll run some day"
"No its not fast enough"
"That turbo isn't too big, it's just about right"

and the best..a phone message from Japan...

"Please quit buying parts, we have no room left in the shop for your goods, we need to ship them out and cannot fit anything else in your shipping crate..do you have some type of addiction?"