Williams Winter, Spring and into Summer NA-t Build :)

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Thats what I should tell people... Its DONE, but my camera broke, and I spent all my money on the car so I cant get another annnnnd I only made 250hp, Im so disappointed... ;)

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Reign_Maker said:
Thats what I should tell people... Its DONE, but my camera broke, and I spent all my money on the car so I cant get another annnnnd I only made 250hp, Im so disappointed... ;)

:rofl: Dont you make 250 horses at idle or something? :icon_bigg

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Hahaha, ok well i got my SAFC yesterday and am extremley happy with the price and condition!

100 shipped in mint condition:)

I brought my head down to elmsford to the machinshop right next to RENWERK :biglaugh:

I ordered my LM-1 wideband and bought it, jsut waiting on shipping.

Block is almost 100% done, im sooo happy with my progress so far.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
UPS dropped off my LM-1 Wideband!

Sorry for the dark pictures! This suckers big! Thankfully im making a custom rotating enclosure in my glove box for my SAFC and wideband that will open up and rotate out to face the driver when tuning :naughty:

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
your build is lookin sweet, i'm definitely looking into boosting my NA as well... you said that someone could buy all the parts for $600 if patient? could you maybe list the parts that i would need to turbo my engine? i'm on a VERY tight budget :[

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
If your on a tight budget i would advise againt NA-T.

It could be done for probably under 500. Will it be reliable? NO. Will it last? No.

I would STRONGLY suggest a head gasket change while your at it, and DEFINALTY some type of fuel monitoring device (i used SAFC and LM-1)

Its could be done using-

CT-26 turbo
Stock manifold
Stock downpipe
Accordian hose
intercooler and piping

and a few otehr misc pieces. Although i would read my post in the referance section and go with the GTE electroncis!

Ask me ANY questions you may have, i love answering this stuff!:)

Tight budget? Dont go NA-T unless you feel like being aggravated IMO or have another DD!

-WIlliam

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
s383mmber1 said:
If your on a tight budget i would advise againt NA-T.

It could be done for probably under 500. Will it be reliable? NO. Will it last? No.

I would STRONGLY suggest a head gasket change while your at it, and DEFINALTY some type of fuel monitoring device (i used SAFC and LM-1)

Its could be done using-

CT-26 turbo
Stock manifold
Stock downpipe
Accordian hose
intercooler and piping

and a few otehr misc pieces. Although i would read my post in the referance section and go with the GTE electroncis!

Ask me ANY questions you may have, i love answering this stuff!:)

Tight budget? Dont go NA-T unless you feel like being aggravated IMO or have another DD!

-WIlliam
thanks for the advice, i guess i'll be looking for a GTE engine than. haha, i will definitely get back to you if i ever have any questions, good luck with your build in the meantime

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
thechori said:
thanks for the advice, i guess i'll be looking for a GTE engine than. haha, i will definitely get back to you if i ever have any questions, good luck with your build in the meantime

GTE engine's are usually around 1200 after shippign and everything. You still buying an engine in an "unknown" condition. If you have around 1000, you can easily change the head gasket to a cometic and run ARP headstuds. ANd still have enoug hfor the gte electronics and everything.

600 is cutting it really close, but a good NA-T can be done for 1000.

Im almost at 3000 as of saturday:cry: But that includes

BIC DDP (400+)
Rebuilt head, re surfaced and all (410)
SAFC (100)
LM-1 (250)
aftermarket intercooler(200)
Piping(100)

and many, many other goodies:icon_bigg

It will all be worth it, i hope :icon_conf

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
I just updated the front page with ALL pictures in the thread. (important ones anyways)

So now you wont have to surf through the thread to find the pics! :icon_bigg

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
s383mmber1 said:
GTE engine's are usually around 1200 after shippign and everything. You still buying an engine in an "unknown" condition. If you have around 1000, you can easily change the head gasket to a cometic and run ARP headstuds. ANd still have enoug hfor the gte electronics and everything.

600 is cutting it really close, but a good NA-T can be done for 1000.

Im almost at 3000 as of saturday:cry: But that includes

BIC DDP (400+)
Rebuilt head, re surfaced and all (410)
SAFC (100)
LM-1 (250)
aftermarket intercooler(200)
Piping(100)

and many, many other goodies:icon_bigg

It will all be worth it, i hope :icon_conf

Oh it will be Mr. william

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Ok im sittin here in my dad's office, i just got back from Speed Part, were they finished my head, and it look amazing! The guys have been there for almost 40 years and do top notch work. There number is 9145929030 if anyone needs any work done in the new york area!

The head is pretty much a mirror and everythign is soo damn new looking!

When i get home ill throw up some pictures. I also stopped by the deli and met a fellow supra owner (Yonkers 87T) i think. His car is VERY nice looking!!!

And he makes a mean sandwhich:icon_bigg

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
HellsLegion said:
What did they do to the head?

Full rebuild?

Yes sirrr

FULL rebuild, milled, decked and 100% ready to go on the block.

And guess waht he said, the cam journals were scoured:biglaugh: What a surprise!

New seals, valve stems, and EVERYTHING ran me a little over 400 bucks

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
This is going to be pretty sweet! your going to be putting most of the GTE guys to shame (including me, with my all-kinds-of-broken-stuff 88 auto). But for a contribution to the thread, sorty of, I want to buy an NA as a DD again. But once Im done DDing it, Im going to go....NA-SC. Ive finally decided Im going to do it! lol. I always see people mention it once in a while, Even fewer being serious, and less than that with plans. But ive got all the basic things down. My simplified plan is to get a buick 3800 supercharger and NA version of the MAFT and some fat injectors, proably just the stock turbo ones. Which also gives me a perfect reason to get 550s for my turbo, lol. The buick SC is perfect, Because it has an idle air bypass, Self lubrication, Its cheap, Readily availble, and easy to maintain. It also makes about 8 psi of boost on a 3800 v6, And it can be safely made to produce 10-12 lbs of boost. But anyway, Im going to be using a good bit of info from your buld thread involving the MAFT and fuel system, So keep us informed! and BTW, Very nice car! I used to hate my maroon car, But it grew on me quite a bit. Maroon ftw~!