Williams Winter, Spring and into Summer NA-t Build :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
so, will- next time i come down, we'll put the headgasket in, torque it down, and, re-assemble the motor. depending on how early i come down, we could probably wire it all back up, too. :)

-shaeff

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
p440379_1.jpg

it's a bad idea to catch that engine hoist when it's folded up and falls off the back of the delivery truck ok.

really

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
Ahh I remeber the good old days of pulling the GE ahh the at least you didnt have a BHG and rod knock man i miss my factory 160,000 ge and its piston slapping against the head fury.

4.30 LSD and the turbo is gona be fun

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
shaeff said:
so, will- next time i come down, we'll put the headgasket in, torque it down, and, re-assemble the motor. depending on how early i come down, we could probably wire it all back up, too. :)

-shaeff

:love: :love: :love:

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
so are you going to swap pistons so you can get your compression down where it needs to be for boost? Also I have never heard of the w58 being able to handle that much power. I thought it was more around 300 max. I also plan on na>t on my 87 but havent reasearched much on what all I need to change. I would like to keep everything on the motor stock setup minus of course pistons,wireharness and puter,aftermarket oil cooler setup, and the the gte coilpacks, ignitor ect. Good job with all the pics toooooooo.

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
Rumor has thats its arround 450 hp on the w58 and another rumor is that the 89+ w58 has a steal sandwich plate again just rumors that I plan on putting to rest with my 7m swap.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
mk3forme said:
so are you going to swap pistons so you can get your compression down where it needs to be for boost? Also I have never heard of the w58 being able to handle that much power. I thought it was more around 300 max. I also plan on na>t on my 87 but havent reasearched much on what all I need to change. I would like to keep everything on the motor stock setup minus of course pistons,wireharness and puter,aftermarket oil cooler setup, and the the gte coilpacks, ignitor ect. Good job with all the pics toooooooo.

I am not touching the pistons/bottom end. A good tune should take care of the whole "higher compression" ordeal. The w58 is not as weak as many have it out to be! DR Jonez was in the 400 range with it far a long time if i remeber correctly. Shaeff is on a w58 as well, his cars not stock:evil2:

All im changing is all the turbo electonics, head gasket, head studs, turbo, manifold. And probably a ffim to go with it. Maft pro will happen later as well :)

Ive been thinking about AEM, but thats not in the picture right now.

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
hmm thats interesting. I'd be curious to see how it holds up. I wonder why so many people are wanting the R154 so bad when alot of members never even reach the 400 hp mark?

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
mk3forme said:
hmm thats interesting. I'd be curious to see how it holds up. I wonder why so many people are wanting the R154 so bad when alot of members never even reach the 400 hp mark?
r154 is has better gearing
-thomas

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
Ok so I think I read that you are using GTE electronics.? So what do you do with the extra knock sensor wire in the GTE harness? I have always wondered this.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i didn't tell this to will yet, but i was hoping he'd want to drill the boss out for the other knock sensor, and run two. ;)

-shaeff