Vixens build thread!!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
wesbeech said:
WOW So on another note how about some pics of the car and engine bay maybe.
I'll post some up before we clean it and then after we clean it. We don't have the block here, but we will take pictures of it before we install it.

Kurt, you know if I have a boy he will.................OH, yeah she's not pregnant so that's not going to happen anyways, but he would be a 1jz fan.

Dave, if we ever have a boy, we'll name him Buck I promise.

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Vonda you are doing a 7M build? I thought you were smarter than that....nevermind, you did marry Jay :) Why not a JZ?

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
First, no , no ,no I am not pregnant, and please don't say that out loud. I truly beleive God has a since of humor, but that would not be funny.:aigo:

CSNOW, My motor only has 6,000 miles on it. I'm hoping that all the problems we have had with it were because of the lack of mechanical ability possessed by the folks that installed it (I'm being nice).

Compared to the way Jay drives his car , I drive mine like a 75 year old granny. Jay has already said that this is it for the 7M at the Hayes house, so this is the 7M's last chance to prove it's self.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
MKIII VIXEN said:
My motor only has 6,000 miles on it. I'm hoping that all the problems we have had with it were because of the lack of mechanical ability possessed by the folks that installed it (I'm being nice).

Compared to the way Jay drives his car , I drive mine like a 75 year old granny.

Yes Vixen the car should not have had the problems with the way you drive it. You are forgeting about one minor detail, the fact that you are not the only one to drive your car.

Ladies and gentlemen of the court I present exibit A!!
Exibit A = This guy
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Video by Big Aaron!!!:biglaugh:

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My favorite part in the second video is when aaron says "oh fuck it"!!!:biglaugh:

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
I like the first video when Aaron said " I shoulda got a Supra". Cracks me up everytime.:biglaugh:

I know Ryan. Maybe since his car is finished (yeah right, is a Supra every finished) he want have a need to drive mine.

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
MKIII VIXEN said:
There was a knock, knock, knock, but it wasn't on the door........:3d_frown:
The dreaded rod knock I take it? Wow sorry to hear that. Are going through a full rebuild? Any internal damage? Lets here some details.....

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
mk3forme said:
The dreaded rod knock I take it? Wow sorry to hear that. Are going through a full rebuild? Any internal damage? Lets here some details.....
I parked it when we heard it. I'm lucky to have a dd. The rod bearing is broke, but everything else appeared ok. We are having the crank checked, new main bearings, and rod bearings installed. We are going to have the rings checked.

Does anyone fill that we need a new oil pump since I always had low oil pressure?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Not a bad idea V. It doesn't sound like you can trust much from your last build. That pump could have 200,000 miles on it. At you house I would also recommend you go back with a metal head gasket. I know how both of you guys think. Sooner or later you're gonna need it. Just be sure your surfaces are perfect.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Vonda i agree with Scott and get a new oil pump and metal head gasket so Jay will always be looking at your rear.:naughty:

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Your oil pressure will be affected by the pump itself, the clearance on your rod and main bearings, and the condition of the head and cam journals. Just use a machine shop that follows specs and make sure oil the oil ports in the block , head, and crank are cleared out good.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
^^^Ya what those guys said and make sure your Hydrosolator has the proper clearances and is gaped properly!!! Oh and if you ever hit fuel cut, add more gas!!! And last but not least buy something made from carbon fiber for more reliable HP!! I know Ryan knows everything, but really I got all my turbo knowledge from owning an NA.:icon_bigg

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
da89soup said:
^^^Ya what those guys said and make sure your Hydrosolator has the proper clearances and is gaped properly!!! Oh and if you ever hit fuel cut, add more gas!!! And last but not least buy something made from carbon fiber for more reliable HP!! I know Ryan knows everything, but really I got all my turbo knowledge from owning an NA.:icon_bigg
Well, I was thinking about adding one of those three foot tall after market spoilers, and painting a big purple V right in the middle of the hood. Do you think this will add any HP???:sarcasm:

Thanks everybody for all the input.:icon_bigg