Vixens build thread!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Vonda, I think you should have a sticker made similar to the Supra Mania logo stickers that I was giving out at Chicago. It should be your name as seen in your signature in purple. You should apply it just over your driver door handle.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
tookwik4u89 said:
Your oil pressure will be affected by the pump itself, the clearance on your rod and main bearings, and the condition of the head and cam journals. Just use a machine shop that follows specs and make sure oil the oil ports in the block , head, and crank are cleared out good.
Were you trying to say that it wouldn't be affected by a new oilpump?

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
yeah the oil pressure comes from how close your tolerances are. The tighter you build that beast the better your pressure. I built mine tight for that reason and to hopefully last longer over time from normal wear. And of course like Cryo stated, if your pump is in spec. I would definitely consider a pump if there are alot of miles on it. I went one step further and did the supply line upgrade that ARZ supplies. I didnt like the banjo fitting the stock setup has. There are also the stainless braided lines that Aaron at driftmotion offers, but I just felt better about a solid tubing supply. Aaron and Suprarich both offer modified 7m oil pumps that are suppose to out flow stock pumps. I have yet to see comparison numbers, so who knows if they actually flow more. They are a bit more expensive so I would have to see numbers to invest in one.

Vix your car is hot. It doesnt need the V. But since the outline of the raised center of the hood is a V shape It wouldnt look out of place either. It would look just like a modified paint scheme or something.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
MKIII VIXEN said:
Well, I was thinking about adding one of those three foot tall after market spoilers, and painting a big purple V right in the middle of the hood. Do you think this will add any HP???:sarcasm:

Thanks everybody for all the input.:icon_bigg

freakin' awesome. wonder if a big j will help jugo.:biglaugh:

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
Just incase anybody took me seriously, I was joking about the spoiler and the V........................;)

I really like the exterior of my car.

That's not to say that the head rest of my seat won't have a V stitched in it when the interior gets recovered.

V

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Just so this thread doesn't get confused with certain other threads that are going on, I decided to post up some pictures of Vixens empty engine bay. It looks like ass right now, but with some cleaning and a little paint, it will look alot better.
p876618_1.jpg

p876618_2.jpg

p876618_3.jpg

Just thought I would post up an UPDATE before the natives get restless.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I own a steam bath...............no that's a lie. I own a pressure washer though and lots and lots of degreaser.........same thing right?

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
I always thought Vixen was kinda a dirty girl!!!!:naughty:

BTW those pictures will make babies cry please clean it!!! The car is so clean on the outside, who knew???:cry:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
da89soup;876624 said:
I always thought Vixen was kinda a dirty girl!!!!:naughty:

Now you believe some of those stories I've been telling you huh?..............:naughty:
BlackMKIII;876629 said:
BTW: WTF is the shovel for?

I had to clean out the outhouse earlier today. I'll be so glad when we actually have running water in Alabama.
LilMissMkIII;876644 said:
Yay for updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my new favourite build thread... Things actually happen here! :)

Maybe when I post the clean pictures, we can have some Happy Dances..........crosses fingers and saids a silent prayer.