Vixens build thread!!!

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
suprahero;937212 said:
I'm as relaxed as you can get...............most of the time. Her car brings out negative energy that I don't normally posses. I'm trying to remain positive that the tps will fix her problem, but if it doesn't at least I"ve eliminated that. I read the post that JJ posted and it seems by his reasoning that hers is bad. It runs good without the tps plugged in. I'll know more about it this time tomorrw so wish me luck.

I dont know how you guys can go so long without driving your cars. That was all the motivation I needed, but having the Texas meet coming up quick didn't hurt any......:biglaugh:

George........jugo's favorite is ribeye's with red enchiladas, do you know to prepare the enchildas, friend? This very well your you take the bribes!!! Jugo doesn't want the "tv dinners"..........I must have lost something in the translation..........:biglaugh:

Looks fine to me.:biglaugh: Get a better interpreter!....stop reading Vonda's messages! You have more important 7m things to work on.:biglaugh:

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
hmmm. ribeye.
i like mine seared on both sides on the grill, as high as it will go for 2-4 minutes depending on thickness, then stuck into a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes, again, depending on thickness. seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, and olive oil.

goerge likes his this way too, at least he did when i cooked it that way.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
They're coming over to my house and I guess we're having steak. You are more than welcome also Kristel. I didn't want you to feel left out. Not one of them has ever given me a Happy Dance like you have.............:3d_frown:

The TPS is suppose to be here tomorrow, so I'm hoping that this fixes some of the problems this car has............crosses fingers.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
They're bringing up George's to do a transmission swap. I have a five speed that I traded him for his 2jz block that is now in my car giving me tons and tons of torque..........apply evil grin here.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
ForcedTorque;937812 said:
George/Noah.........Which Red Beast are you guys taking up there?

Scott the 92/garnet has a little trouble shifting/downshifting for now were going to swap in Jay's good tranny and new clutch, and do some tuning.

suprahero;937822 said:
They're bringing up George's to do a transmission swap. I have a five speed that I traded him for his 2jz block that is now in my car giving me tons and tons of torque..........apply evil grin here.

Looking forward to my next "whiplash smile", hopefully you'll have it broken in by then.

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
I talked to Jay, and he said that it is still throwing 51 and 52. He did say that the rpms will go higher now...........:dunno:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Allen, I did try adjusting it but nothing seemed to help. I replaced it with the new one this morning and now it will rev as high as I want it too, but it still throws the code 51 and 52. The tps code I think was code 41 and it isn't coming on anymore. The car has had code 52 since we've had it. I've replaced both knock sensors, ecu, knock sensor wiring, and before we pulled the motor out, I had a wire connected to the two knock sensor wires and it kept it from throwing the code 52, but now it's doing it with the wire installed. I tried removing it and resetting ecu, but it still throws it.

Cedric, I would let you come down and fix it, but I'm scared Vonda will leave with you. It would almost be worth it if you took the white car with you and got it away from me. Vonda, I said almost so don't go threatening me with any t.v. dinners.

Noah, I got the info I needed and I got the car tuned a lot better, but not perfect. Hopefully tomorrow I can get it dialed in a little better.

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
Thats strange. Sorry I dont have any advice on that one. If its throwing a code, It HAS to be a connection or bad wire somewhere between the ECU and Knock sensor. I use to have that problem with my other 89. I found where the previous owner had broken the rear one, probably when the starter was changed. So instead of changing it out, he connected the rear wire to the front sensor wire. I think that is what you are saying you did. It would still throw the code on occasion. So I replaced the broken sensor and hooked it back up as stock. No more problems after that.

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
mk3forme;940169 said:
Thats strange.

Most things about my car are. We decided a while back that it's possessed.

I'm going to drive it today. I'm pretty excited, even though it's still having issues, I haven't been behind the wheel of it since October.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
I've had nothing but trouble with knock code on my 89 too.....bu it never affects performance, when I got it on the 88, It would totally lose power.