Vixens build thread!!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'd go to Hooters for the scenenry, I mean if you like watching half naked women walk around, but I wouldn't go for the food. I don't like wings, and everything I've ever tried there was greasy.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
suprahero;931709 said:
I'd go to Hooters for the scenenry, I mean if you like watching half naked women walk around, but I wouldn't go for the food. I don't like wings, and everything I've ever tried there was greasy.

Me and some old fire academy friends meet up at Hooters every now and then. I just go for beer and scenery. The food is awful IMO.

I hope you all get to feeling better soon.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
I think the weather is finally going to be nice again. So providing that the Hayes household is healthy once again we should have some progress. Hope that tempermental 2j cooperates with Jay.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Everyone is feeling a bit better today, although I worked on my car all night in thirty five degree weather. I may be sick again tomorrow, but I hope not.

No progress on Vonda's, but we will definately crank it tomorrow night.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
One picture of the motor in Vonda's car.
p934100_1.jpg

It's not a pretty motor, but we're hoping for more horsepower than what she had last time. I've still got to order her a downpipe, but I'm waiting to hear from Robert at 935motorsports first.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I couldn't agree more.

random fact: I passed a teal 92 supra this morning on the way back from Birmingham. I was in my F150 or I'd tried to catch him. I doubt he would have pulled over for a hillbillie driving a ford truck.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
The owner of the car in this buildup is undoubtedly too busy at home and work to post in her own thread. Sorry for the confusion. This isn't my buildup thread, but I seem to be making all of the posts for her.

I'm picking up the throttle body gasket this morning. Hopefully the hose isn't broke and it can be fixed by tightening a clamp, but it seems this certain hose broke on my car so this may be what happened this time too. I will know more about it later.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
suprahero;935502 said:
The owner of the car in this buildup is undoubtedly too busy at home and work to post in her own thread. Sorry for the confusion. This isn't my buildup thread, but I seem to be making all of the posts for her.

I'm picking up the throttle body gasket this morning. Hopefully the hose isn't broke and it can be fixed by tightening a clamp, but it seems this certain hose broke on my car so this may be what happened this time too. I will know more about it later.

Or out driving a blue car.:evil2:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Jay, I just got thru fixing both of those on my car in the last 2 weeks. My hose was broke, but right at the clamp, so I was able to shorten it a bit and have enough slack to be OK.

And, be sure you get the proper TB gasket. I was sold the N/A one, and it fit, but allowed air to escape.

It seems Vonda has stayed away from her own thread ever since my overly harsh comment about that picture posted. It's OK Vonda, you can cuss me, I can take it.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I don't know why she's stayed away from it other than she's upset that she cant' drive it yet. Hopefully she'll be able to drive it tonight. I'm off to go get her tb gasket and I'll make sure I get the right one. Thanks guys.

George, I've installed a touch tone keypad security on my car and she doesn't know the combination.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Well since it is a four button code, it'll have to be my torque tripled. Scott, it never grows old, I'm used to it.

I just got back from driving Vonda's car and it has two codes.
51 Switch Signal
Diagnosis
No "IDL" signal, "NSW" signal or "A/C" signal to ECU, during diagnosis check.
Trouble Area
A/C switch circuit
A/C switch
A/C amplifier
Throttle position sensor circuit
Throttle position sensor
ECU

52 Knock Sensor Signal
Diagnosis
Open or short circuit in knock sensor signal.
Trouble Area
Knock sensor circuit
Knock sensor
ECU

I knew it would have a code 52 because it always has had one, but I didn't expect the code 51. Have any of you guys experienced these yet?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Yeah, last year I bought the kit that Shaeff sells and rewired them with new knock sensors. It didn't affect a thing. I ended up running a wire between the two knock sensor wires which I think just keeps it from being able to throw the code which I'm sure is a bad thing, but I just want it to run without a code 52. It's a brand new motor and there's no way I'm going to let it run like shit because it can't detect a freaking signal.

I'll check on the tps wire in a minute. I gotta feed my belly.

I got my speaker box fixed also and I'll be posting up some pictures of it in a little while in my thread.