Vixens build thread!!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Rajunz;903195 said:
The white of the primer looks great, paint them white to match the car.....................

It's her choice. I'll paint them whatever color she wants. We'll work on it some this weekend.

Noah, I have the clear coat already. I just haven't had time to do them yet. Thanks though.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Are you sure they don't need a second coat? They look great, but from that picture, it looks like the paint didn't fill the valleys between the raised ridges completely. It could just be caused by the camera or flash

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
noah89t;903239 said:
nose problem

I must have missed something again........sorry.

ForcedTorque;903240 said:
Are you sure they don't need a second coat? They look great, but from that picture, it looks like the paint didn't fill the valleys between the raised ridges completely. It could just be caused by the camera or flash

They have three coats on them plus two coats of primer, but I'll put another on them thursday. I don't want you guys to think I'm cheatin Vonda out of a good paint job.............:icon_bigg

noah89t;903253 said:
probably the flash, you know jay's attention to detail, did you check out his cf windshield cowl?
with that said, spray another light coat on those bad boys

.....and another jab comes my way. Seems I spend more time on here bobbing and weaving and ducking hay makers, but I'm getting pretty light on my feet. I'll redo my carbon fiber windshield trim this weekend if I get a chance. I have a list of things to do that keeps getting longer and longer. I may never get through with my car in time for Texas 2009...........:cry:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
nose problem.........I just reread it and figured it out...........I'm kind of slow tonight. Sorry.

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
As far as the color of my valve covers, we discussed it last night, and they will stay like they are for now. I like them. There are some cosmetic surprises coming for my car after the motor is taken care of. These changes will involve the color of the valve covers and mulitple other parts of the car. Maybe my car will be ready to enter ROTM this fall.:love:

The build is in limbo right now. There really isn't anything that we can do until the parts the shop needs arrive. Then we will have to wait on them to finish the work they need to do. I promise this want be the longest build in the history of Supramania.......:sarcasm:

V

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
jugodegolf;903634 said:
time for the interpreter cnc=????

i thought i would only need a interpreter for IJ's thread:3d_frown:

CNC= computer numerical control..........= real shiney........:3d_frown:

noah89t;903298 said:
if you ask me, you cheated yourself when you went with.....nevermind.

What did I cheat myself with...........:dunno:

I'm sure this build isn't going like everyone else would have did it, but I'm doing the best I can with the knowledge I have. If you have suggestions then by all means leave them. If you want to criticize, speak up. If you want to tell me what a great job I'm doing..........O.K. now I'm just rambling........:biglaugh:

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
suprahero;903277 said:
I don't want you guys to think I'm cheatin Vonda out of a good paint job.............:icon_bigg

since i got 2 phone calls on my original post that i didn't finish cause i thought it was pretty obvious to jay, i will sum it up.
you cheated yourself when you went 1j.
it wasn't a knock at vonda's build, just another cheap shot at your motor.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
I'm still waiting to use the :dunno: smiley. I like your valve covers Vonda. Still not sure on the cnc thing though. Hopefully you guys will get some parts in the mail and we can see some progress and less stress on Jay in this thread.:biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
noah89t;904000 said:
i vote for less stress on everybody dammit!

What could you possibly have to stress about.......you own a 7mgte.........OH nevermind...........:evil2:

Thanks guys and sorry about the phone call Noah, but I had my panties in a bunch from all of the stress.

George, I don't know why you find it so hard to use this smilie...........:dunno:

Noah, I love the cheat shots at my motor. That's why I'm bringing a tow strap with me for the Texas meet. I don't want to run off and leave you, so I'm going to pull you most of the way..........:evil2:

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
suprahero;904008 said:
What could you possibly have to stress about.......you own a 7mgte.........OH nevermind...........:evil2:

Thanks guys and sorry about the phone call Noah, but I had my panties in a bunch from all of the stress.

George, I don't know why you find it so hard to use this smilie...........:dunno:

Noah, I love the cheat shots at my motor. That's why I'm bringing a tow strap with me for the Texas meet. I don't want to run off and leave you, so I'm going to pull you most of the way..........:evil2:

I thought you got
AAA