Value of Supras

Skam9685

1992 Honda Prelude SI
Jun 22, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida, United States
I passed up on a 91 turbo automatic for 2,000 in decent condition. That was because I didn't want to wait for the person to make up their mind. So I bought what I didn't have to wait for, a 87 turbo in about the same condition for 1,800. I regret and I'm prolly going to see if she is still selling it.

Termik

Oct 19, 2007
Kladno, Czech Republic
In my country Supra have relatively good value...
Good Supra after general repair, good paint and full equipment cost about 70 000 Kc (Korun ceskych > crowns), that is about 2916$..

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
If I ever buy another Supra it would be a 91-92. I bought my 88 because it was a good deal and in good condition. Also, options are pretty limited up in Canada since most cars are rust buckets. I am currently trying to complete the 89+ conversion that was started before I got the car. I think I will be much happier with the look of the car once it is 100% 89+ on the outside.

I have recently been considering the value of my car. Supra's are pretty scarce up in Canada so I think that would help it's value. It's in good condition and has what I consider tasteful mods. The only thing that would keep me from asking alot for the car is the mileage. It has roughly 235000km or 146000 miles. This is alot of mileage when compared to other cars even though my car would be in better condition. I would like to think I could get ~8-9000 for the car up here and I don't think I would ever sell it for less. If it doesn't sell at that price I would just store it in the garage as a fine exaample of garage art. lol

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
dunno about you guys.... I prefure the 89 model year because it has the best steering wheel...

airbag wheel FTL...

not to mention the small center console and flip up compartment because of the airbag computer...

If it was imported from japan, sure, I'll take a 93 please....

I'd love to own a Turbo A as well, if you're talking about rarity...

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Well chime in here what should a mint turbo mk3 be valued at (exterior,interior, no mechanical issues).

On similiar topic all the people with 2jz's, 1jz's how is your car insured/what would they value it at?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I got ripped on my car, but it WAS the exact combo I was searching for...

$6K is reasonable for a good condition car in my eyes...

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
I went to a supra meet last spring. As usual it was mostly MK4 supras and only 2 MK3's including me. What I noticed was that most of the MK4's there were really showing age (faded seats, worn down carpet, faded paint). My 92 MK3 looked just as good or better than some the MK4's there. It amaises me that these guys can still get $25k+ for these cars just because of there so called "potential".

I believe an MK3 can still get OK money, but it has to be in very good condition. But it will never get that much because of the reputation it has. When people think about MK3's, they think of BHG's and crappy condition, and not making 700rwhp and running 10 second 1/4 miles.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Supraholics said:
^^^^There's quite a few guys working hard to change that ;)
itll never change.. why all hondas wiht loud fart cans are ricers.. just a stereotype that will never change as long as there are poeple out there reinforcing it.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
^^ I've seen and head a few hondas that had exhausts that sounded good, but when they throw a huge muffler that makes their car sound obnoxious, thats why they are called ricers. They prove the stereotype in my opinion.

novaboy009

Aug 13, 2007
Pittsburgh
So I guess my ($600 + $500 in parts) N/A Auto falls on the low end of the value chain LOL.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Kev

Last edited:

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
tissimo said:
itll never change.. why all hondas wiht loud fart cans are ricers.. just a stereotype that will never change as long as there are poeple out there reinforcing it.

I think the stereotype of the average MK3 owner is slowly changing.

These cars are getting old. Even good examples are being to break down. Kids that are looking for a cheap frill are being put off by the infamous BHG and rod knock problems. People who can't afford to repair are selling them onto people who are willing to give these cars the treatment they deserve.

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
MRSUPRA said:
I went to a supra meet last spring. As usual it was mostly MK4 supras and only 2 MK3's including me. What I noticed was that most of the MK4's there were really showing age (faded seats, worn down carpet, faded paint). My 92 MK3 looked just as good or better than some the MK4's there. It amaises me that these guys can still get $25k+ for these cars just because of there so called "potential".

I believe an MK3 can still get OK money, but it has to be in very good condition. But it will never get that much because of the reputation it has. When people think about MK3's, they think of BHG's and crappy condition, and not making 700rwhp and running 10 second 1/4 miles.

Yeah, I find the MkIV hype to be complete bullshit. I mean, Blue Book for a mint '92 is about 7G's, give or take a few hundred, and you jump to the next year, the first year of the MkIV, and it more than doubles.....WTF????? And that's if both cars are identical in condition and mileage, and as close as possible to each other in configuration/options....

Silvasoup

May 12, 2005
Florida
novaboy009 said:
So I guess my ($600 + $500 in parts) N/A Auto falls on the low end of the value chain LOL.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Kev

Yeah, join the club! Doesn't really matter as long as you like the car and don't plan to sell any time soon.