Value of Supras

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
KicknAsphlt said:
Yeah, I find the MkIV hype to be complete bullshit. I mean, Blue Book for a mint '92 is about 7G's, give or take a few hundred, and you jump to the next year, the first year of the MkIV, and it more than doubles.....WTF????? And that's if both cars are identical in condition and mileage, and as close as possible to each other in configuration/options....
a body change will always yeild more money.. and when you throw in 100 more hp, 6spd trans, bigger wheels, etc its going to add to the price even more..

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Silvasoup said:
Yeah, join the club! Doesn't really matter as long as you like the car and don't plan to sell any time soon.
Let's see if you still think that after you get in an accident and have to deal with insurance concerning the value of your car.

Silvasoup

May 12, 2005
Florida
OneJoeZee said:
Let's see if you still think that after you get in an accident and have to deal with insurance concerning the value of your car.

I know I heard about your loss Joe and I feel for you bro, so sorry.:3d_frown:

If that happens to me than maybe I'll have to be thinking maybe a C5. I figure I have gotten my moneys worth on my Supra after 17 years of ownership.

Last edited:

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
I bought my clean 91t for 8,000. Its hard to come buy won that has truly been taken good care of and not gone through a million times!

~Cory

Supra7MG

Supramania Contributor
Oct 13, 2005
Duncansville, PA.
OneJoeZee said:

This is a very good point. One that kept me awake a lot of nights until I did some research. My 88 is now fully covered for an agreed value of $40,000.00
I went through Rally Insurance Group. Now God fobid my car was ever totaled I don't think that I could ever duplicate it but at least I'd have the cash to shop for a serious ride. Here's an E-Mail address for the agent that wrote my policy.

ckeenan@RALLYINSURANCE.COM

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Supra7MG said:
This is a very good point. One that kept me awake a lot of nights until I did some research. My 88 is now fully covered for an agreed value of $40,000.00
I went through Rally Insurance Group. Now God fobid my car was ever totaled I don't think that I could ever duplicate it but at least I'd have the cash to shop for a serious ride. Here's an E-Mail address for the agent that wrote my policy.

ckeenan@RALLYINSURANCE.COM

Wow, they actually have a Black MKIII on their website. Is that yours? How is the cost like to insure with them?

Supra7MG

Supramania Contributor
Oct 13, 2005
Duncansville, PA.
suprastanger507mgte said:
Wow, they actually have a Black MKIII on their website. Is that yours? How is the cost like to insure with them?

No, this is my car.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48463

I pay $412.00 per year with a mileage limit of 2,500. I put on average about 1,000 miles per year so this plan is perfect for me. They have plans that allow for more miles though.

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
if we all didnt let our supras go for around the 4k range, then there wouldnt be any ricers and the value surely would go up. i think

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
didnt see this thread before but 7200 for a mint 92 is well worth it.... A friend here where I live and member on here (supraswole89) sold his 89 turbo supra that he painted and i rebuilt the engine for 6,000 on ebay... these cars bring the money if done right... and in great shape...

also the same guy that painted my current supra

sluggo42

Aug 9, 2007
Socal
Does the color of the car help or hinder? Does 5-sp vs. Automatic matter?
My car is bone-stock 91 Auto, black with very nice grey cloth, 120K. It probably has 7 or 8 door "dings" but no dents. And quite a few paint chips on the nose. I bought it from original owner, and have every receipt of everything that was ever done to the car in a folder that's about an inch thick, including the original window sticker with the price of $31K plus change!

I paid $4500 which seemed pretty fair considering I was looking for a 94-95 Acura Legend initially. I needed a "beater" to drive to work instead of my big dodge cummins. I stumbled onto my Supra and now it's my daily driver "beater" lol. I still am amazed at the power every time I drive it. My wife hates it because of the mileage, her Prius gets over 40 MPG, the Sup gets about ~18. But I'm getting old now and this is my last "hot" car probably, altho my cummins will probably beat it...