Value of Supras

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Quin said:
I care. Alltracs are sweet, I want one to lift and offroad in lol

I think the alltrac had record for long time at Pikes Peak race. Good luck finding one in good shape...quite rare.

I would say condition of vehicle is 80% of value all things being equal. a pristine 87 compared to typical used 92 the 87 would be worth more. If car is not kept mint its not gonna fetch much dinero.

Dimman

Back to the Left.
On a bit of a side note, but price-related, in Canada the Mk4 Supra's will be eligible for the 15 year import exception soon. I've already seen two JDM RHD twin turbos for sale in the $22000 range. This will probably affect the JZA70 prices here, too. I've seen a couple JZA70's selling for the prices that GA70's were at a year and a half ago ($5000-$7000 range).

Check out Vancouver's craigslist.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Justin727 said:
I came across a 95 iirc altrac in diamond head for sale at one point in time. 4500 took it. It was really clean. If I hadn't just bought my truck that would have been mine :(

I occassionally look for them, that would of been pretty good deal Justin,

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
as dimman said here in canda the price of supras is falling fast. i paid 9500 for my 92t with shadow grey in mint condtion, from the original owner and now i'm seeing 92 turbo r's for like 5500. and domestic supras are down from 6k's to 4000. and as soon as the mk4 is imported i'd assume the same would happen for domestic mk4 prices.

tedjerz

Oct 16, 2007
New jersey
suprarcr89 said:
that will get you everytime.... :nono:

id have to say im very impressed with the quality of the metals making up the car. i ahve to post some pics. i dont feel like improperly explaining how it happened.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
cartel1_950 said:
as dimman said here in canda the price of supras is falling fast. i paid 9500 for my 92t with shadow grey in mint condtion, from the original owner and now i'm seeing 92 turbo r's for like 5500. and domestic supras are down from 6k's to 4000. and as soon as the mk4 is imported i'd assume the same would happen for domestic mk4 prices.

I doubt the US prices of MK4s will be affected much.

The MK4 community as a whole will keep the value of their 'superior' US Supras up.

That's one thing about MK4s. There is pretty good demand but the large majority of collective owners have decided to keep the prices of their cars up. Supra owners often sell to other Supra owners. If it takes a year to sell the car at 30k, they'll do it.

As opposed to what happens alot here in the MK3 community. People like to lowball and break people down on their asking price all the time. Then there's always someone complaining about how low the value of MK3s is. People will call you silly and out of your mind for trying to sell your Supra for a decent price. Now if the car is really beat, then that's different. But I've seen people let some really nice cars go for prices that I think are steals.

Dimman

Back to the Left.
Yeah, I don't think the US is being flooded with RHD JDM cars either. Here, it's a quick buck. All these cars are supposed to be imported for personal use (I think) and a limit of like 2 or 3 per year can be sold, yet used car dealers are bringing in container after container. I think the gov't is getting pissed too because there is talk of pushing the limit from 15 to 25 years old, citing "safety". In the meantime higher supply equals lower prices.

How hard is it to register a JDM car in the US? All we need here seems to be a vehicle inspection and properly aimed headlights.

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
there is no limit to how many cars can be imported for years. there is a comany here in calgary thats sold almost 100 cars so far this year. and it's really just out in BC they are compaling about them causing problems. here in alberta they are everywhere(not just supra but other RHD) and

joe i think your right at first the price will stay high but i think they'll come down quite a bit eventually. they have 94 turbos for 6k coming out of japan right now so i'd assume they will contiue to fall until they are legal to import to North america.

Dimman

Back to the Left.
cartel1_950 said:
there is no limit to how many cars can be imported for years. there is a comany here in calgary thats sold almost 100 cars so far this year. and it's really just out in BC they are compaling about them causing problems. here in alberta they are everywhere(not just supra but other RHD) and

joe i think your right at first the price will stay high but i think they'll come down quite a bit eventually. they have 94 turbos for 6k coming out of japan right now so i'd assume they will contiue to fall until they are legal to import to North america.

Yeah, they're all over here, too. I moved here 2 and a half years ago and saw my first Skyline. I was all "Holy crap! A Skyline!" They were still rare then. Now I see at least 2-3 different RHD's a day, lots of Mitsu GTO, Skylines, those weird little diesel vans, a couple Kei cars (Suzuki Alto Works, and Honda Beat), many RHD Land Cruisers and whatever the Nissan and Mitsu versions are.

I was under the impression that these were supposed to be imported for "personal use". And if they are, there is supposed to be a limit on re-sales per year or something. Whatever the case, the are everywhere and very cheap now. First GT-R Skylines I saw were in the high $20k range, now they are in the $12K range. A70 (JZ and G) Supras have dropped about $4K. On a side note cops seem to be a little more 'selective' of RHD performance cars. My buddy got a VI ticket for a flickering tailight in his Supra.

Now wait until January and the Mk 4s come. Much higher profile car, some kid wrecks, excessive speed or racing is blamed, media event because it's RHD, car from "Fast and Furious". Police react to public outcry. Maybe heat magnet RHD's come down more in price? Maybe punks wrecking Mk 4's makes for a cheap source of Getrags and 2JZ's? Who knows. But it will be interesting.

toyota kid

Oct 8, 2011
Los Angeles
So How much is my 92 NA 5spd worth if its just sitting in my garage with a BHG, buts its in mint condition(you can almost smell the new car smell)?

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Well the BHG isn't a rare feature, but it was only available from the factory on cars with the 7M engines, so I'd say if you take the value of an excellent condition 92 and subtract what an excellent 7MGE engine rebuild costs you'd be right around what the car is worth.

If you want the value of what it was 5 years ago I can't tell you though, I wasn't even born yet.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Wild... this thread has been linked here for 5 years, and I just noticed this --- this picture on that page:

toyota-supra-1990a.jpg

That's my old car... In my old driveway the day I brought it home.

But since I'm here, what's with bumping 5 year old threads dude?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Looks to me like he's not an authorized seller and thought this would be a good way to let everyone know it's for sale...........just saying.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
In Ontario Canada; vehicles produced in 1987 and earlier are EXEMPT from emmisions testing...(which takes place every 2 years)

but are required to have the "original emmisions equipment" should the Ministry of Transportation want to do a "random" inspection..

^this played into my personal choice of an 87'

It comes back to who's car is it? Yours or the next owners? Mine is for me (/and my father) not an investiment for a monetary appreciation but rather the joy of ownership...