Tookwik4u engine compt makeover

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Rajunz....untouchable....thanks! I dont have pics of piping, its nothing special, redoing most of it anyway, I will take pics of that over the winter. All 3". Bumper will be back off when I paint the car!

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
How about these rims?
p360010_1.jpg

rot 90na-t

slowest project ever
Apr 13, 2006
Westminster, CO
tookwik4u89 said:
How about these rims?
p360032_1.jpg

Probably the gayest rims I've ever seen... :nono:

I was thinkin about gettin these, I think with 8.5" F 9.5" R would look rilla dope.. Honestly, mad props if you beat me to it lol..

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
They only have 7.5 and 8.5, which I can find plenty of tire for the street that size, I will change to D/R's for that track anyhow with 15 or 16".

rot 90na-t

slowest project ever
Apr 13, 2006
Westminster, CO
tookwik4u89 said:
Hmmm...just checked tire rack and the price aint bad either + I can probably get a deal through work. I only saw in 7.5 though.

The real SSR's were the one's I was lookin at.. You can get damn near any size you want according to their website.. I think they'd look wicked :icon_evil

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Well, I finally made it to the track. It was a pretty big waste of time. I was hoping for 10 or 12 runs, but an unbelievable amount of people showed due to the good weather and this being the only good weekend without events for a while. I got there at 10:30am, didnt get to make my first run until 12:50, I ran with low boost, around 11psi, 14.00 1/4mile. No problems, so I turned up the boost, got back in the staging lanes where I was stuck for 2.5 hours until I got to run again. I decided b4 that run I was done after the run. I staged up against a mustang, power braked up to 3200 to build boost, then he overstaged and the lights never started.....until I backed off. Screwed me up totally, I end up launching basically from Idle with a miserable 2.36 60' time, but still managed a 12.93 @ 115. Im having a bitch of a time with the boost controller, It hit around 20 psi, then dropped right to 14 and slowly crept up to 22. This is what I was hoping to work on but no runs to do it. I did get it worked better on the way home with the start duty cycle, wish I could have gotten more runs. I will try again in a few weeks when it is less crowded, maybe a dyno session before that.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Thanks Jake! I'm a little bummed, since Id rather have it perform than look good, but I can tell it's there, Just have to overcome the obstacles I'm having with maft-pro and my crappy 60' times. It's great a/f tuning wise, but data logging is inop, and boost control needs tweaking. I hope the new t-pro software comes soon, since I cant log. Definitely some country road tuning next weekend!:icon_bigg

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Ken, I must have missed this build thread. Your car is totally freakin' awesome and that engine bay is the tits. After I settle out my issues with my car and can stash enough money away, I think I will go with one of Ron's FFIM's (or maybe try my hand at making one myself. Good Job !!!

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Thanks Chris and good luck on the maft pro tuning, that thread you started is turning up some great info! It can be frustrating tuning yourself, but once we master it, it seems to have great potential.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
TODAY!

No Aussie's made smart ass comments, or compliments on my build thread. Damnit, dont make me come out there and find you old man!

:slap:

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Boosted Supra said:
I don't post here much but all I got to say is, WOW amazing work man. How much HP did you dyno on that thing?
Well...coming from someone with a car like yours, that means alot, I've seen your stuff on 7mpower....very nice!!! I didnt post much on here til recently, I used to always go on SF, but mostly lurking, I got tired of reading all the b.s., and discovered Supramania while looking for parts. I like these forums much better, but still lurk in SF for info/parts. I haven't been on a dyno yet, but I will soon once I have boost control squared away with the maft pro. I will definitely post up the results when I go.