Tookwik4u engine compt makeover

NJsupraA70

Ex-Supra Owner
Sep 18, 2005
NJ
Wow thats is a very nice makeover if Ive ever seen one ::icon_bigg . Great job in the engine bay!!

But Please!!! Get rid of the skinny black ricer wheels that sink too far into the fenders!!!!

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Post #58...those Enkei's on it now with drag radials....I will have something new for spring after paint and body. I dont think they look ricer though. I will change my mind 20x b4 it happens, love to hear opinions. Show me some pics.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Some old pics when motor went in....my backwards build thread, found these from my old computer. The RPS flywheel didnt last long.
p355859_1.jpg

p355859_2.jpg

The old t4 60-1 garrett
p355859_3.jpg

SHINY STUFF
p355859_4.jpg

HKS LONG RUNNER...LOVE IT!
p355859_5.jpg

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
HEAD WORK, HAS O/S VALVES DONE AFTER THESE PICS AND ALL NEW VALVE SEATS, PORT AND POLISH WORK IS AWESOME, WISH I HAD BETTER PICS, YOU CAN SEE HOW BIG THE EXHAUST PORTS ARE....WOO HOO!
p355874_1.jpg

YES SURFACE LOOKS LIKE CRAPOLA IN THESE PICS
p355874_2.jpg

p355874_3.jpg

p355874_4.jpg

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Thanks man. I had some surge problems with the old setup and turbo. Sounded like Curly was under the hood on decel. Im gonna try just tial again when I make the new I/C pipe. I dont have any surge with the new turbo, I/C pipe setup. Come to think of it, I need a bit stronger spring in the tial, it opens at idle.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
supra8795 said:
Hey kwik who did your head work? That looks amazing.
It was a shop in Virginia, I think, I looked around for his card but cant find it. Must be buried in th e Supra graveyard in my basement. I will find out about dyno. Its Eurotech on Burden Rd. in Machesney Park.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
turbogate said:
How did you do when you had the 60-1 Garrett? how far did you take it? HP wise, psi etc

Nice jobs on everything!!

Thanks
Never been on a dyno ever. I ran 13.2 with the same setup in your sig basically, with A340e. ~20 psi. It was sputtering toward the end for some reason (detonation). drove down return road ok, idled with a miss. I opened the hood and found the boost ref hose to AFPR blown off.
Then I found this........
p356995_1.jpg

Screwd up valves on the head you see above, thats when I went to O/S stainless, figured hell, now's a good time. First Run out with new valves 2 seats popped out....dont know WTF there...pulled head AGAIN and had all new seats staked in.

Ian ....you can see why I know about reusing HG w/ copper spray.....lol

Here is that old 60-1, the t-netics 62-1 I ran after that, and the new T-61 I have now for comparison, wish I had old ct for the pic.

p356995_2.jpg

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
Great looking engine bay! Could you post some pics of your battery location? I'm trying to get some ideas for best placement...very inspiring to see such a clean job!

Supra

May 11, 2005
Rockford, IL
tookwik4u89 said:
It was a shop in Virginia, I think, I looked around for his card but cant find it. Must be buried in th e Supra graveyard in my basement. I will find out about dyno. Its Eurotech on Burden Rd. in Machesney Park.

Let me know when you are going to dyno it. I'd like to spectate, if you don't mind. I'm local to you, obviously. :icon_bigg

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
New west....Right rear is ideal I think, mine is not there, It's getting movedover the winter and a kill switch.

Ian ....you're lucky, the porcelain is the killer, I had valve damage, dinged pistons(thank god they were forged) , luckily the cylinder wall scratches were light, I took it apart, didnt see any damage on the rings, replaced them anyway and honed it.

Rich...No problem at all, in fact I will be at Byron Sunday most likely, wouldn't hurt to have someone around who knows maft pro, I still need to get the boost control straightened out, havent had time to play this week. You know , If you wanna spectate......or make some runs!!!