Tookwik4u engine compt makeover

rot 90na-t

slowest project ever
Apr 13, 2006
Westminster, CO
rot90....what you no like my rims? I like black with the red, prob gonna pick up some weld drag lites for the track, and some diff street rims in the spring, black w/ polished lip or gunmetal. Maybe powdercoat the ones on it now.

The black one's are a'ight, but IMO as sick as your car is otherwise, you need a lip son!

Looks bad ass for sure though bud, no flamin here!

Red Poopras FTMFW!:icon_surp

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
I like your rims rot, and love the red. I dont have THE rims yet, going with something new in the spring after body and paint is done, I have real Bomex sides and a Kaminari rear, I like black 5 spokes w/ lip, or gunmetal, and prob some drag lites for the track, the black ones I have now are flat. I think Im redoing the side moldings black also. This thread will keep going awhile. I may post some pics of my engine build this weekend since its raining and I'm bored. Kinda like a backwards build thread. If I can find those pics?

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Your engine bay paint job turned out very nice indeed. I can see your prep work in the final product, so it was worth every hour of sanding and clean up you did. :)

If you take the same approach to the entire car, you can save a few bucks and paint it all yourself, but really in the photos, the car looks great, so I'm not sure why you would want to paint all of it. (Unless your going to change the color slightly or something.)

Everything's awesome, but I'd get a hump hose where your IC pipe meets the Q45 TB. The one you have now will eventually pull free or tear, and the hump type is flexable by design, and will allow you to get the clamps on straight even if you have to bend the "hump" slightly.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Me too, its PISSING ME OFF, if there is a dry spell this weekend im on it. With my luck it will be during the Bears game. Adjuster, its on my list but HTS makes you buy 10 if they make it cuz it would be a reducer w/ hump. Im gonna remake that I/C pipe later in 3.5 and put the recucer down buy the I/C, so I can just get a 3.5 hump hose. The car looks pristine in the pics, but its orig paint, I had to buff so much oxidation out of it when i bought it , it was sickening. Plus lots of rock chips, little dings. Rust and accident free though!! I covered the vin tags under the hood before I painted.

supra8795

Feb 26, 2006
Illinois
Well shit if you dont have anything going on tonight we could prolly get a lil meet going if want to go for a cruise or something.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Morning Ian, fellow old guy, Damn, wish i was near you now with the bead roller, just popped a hose off at 24psi, gonna have to weld some on!

supra8795

Feb 26, 2006
Illinois
You get your t bolt clamps? I bet that 24psi feels nice. Im running 20 with my t70 and man is it crazy. Ill have to install the vpc tomorrow so i can turn the boost up some more and tune a lil better.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Soooo...the sun finally shows up at 6:30pm.....damnit, no results today, arggggggh, I got the itch, its been 2 years since I hit the track.
p352052_1.jpg

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
nice build.....

how are you hitting 24psi with the PRO... the most i can get is 23.8 and i was walking the FC line VERY VERY CLOSE

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Byron dragway sucks, wouldnt answer phones , drove all the way there today to see a "Rained Out " sign, it has been beautiful and sunny all days, bastards!!!! If even looks like rain next weekend I may just set up a dyno time instead, I rather race, but damnit , I want some results!!

Malloynx...As long as I dont get richer than 11:1 or so, doesnt seem to be a problem, I hit it going up hill with a higher load though, and I think you can tune that out, I hit it once today, forget which setting, I gotta look. The thing that I hate right now is the boost control, Its a matter of figuring it out, but right now its just pissing me off. It creeps past where I want it, or starts falling off after a bit. Rich87tx2 posted good info on it, but i didnt have the info on me today when I neede it. Thought I had it straightened out, but NO. Gonna read up some more 2night. I really wanted lower 20s, 24 was accidental, but it does hold11-11.5:1

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
supra8795 said:
Hey is there anywhere to dyno up there in rockford?
Yes, I will get some info this week for you and post on here, a guy used to work at Anderson in Rockford (where I used to work also), started his own shop working on mostly European cars.....He got a dyno about a year ago, Im gonna call him for prices. Right near Rockford Speedway. Shop is called Eurotech. BTW....Im thinking Byron Sunday!!!