Tookwik4u engine compt makeover

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
I cut off the lower HKS downpipe where it starts being worthless at the restriction after the flex, bought a stainless 90 from vertexnow.com, picked up a 3" v-band w/ flange, welde flange to said 90 deg elbow, connected the 2 with 3" stainless flex exh from JC Whitney using stailess t-bolt clamps, Painted w/ VHT paint, and Voila, custom and mucho cheaper senor, not even all that ghetto.......lol.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Thanks for the PM, man. Do you think the DP is going to leak exhaust fumes into your engine bay, or does it do a good job sealing with the flex pipe and T-Bolts?

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Seals completely, I've been running this for a couple years, no fumage. Then again, maybe thats why Im always forgettin' stuff, I thought I was just getting old.:confused:

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
hahahah, lets hope no fumage. I'm considering it. Just making sure because I had a turbo blow out on me, and had oil smoke pouring in from under the dash (dont know where, I didnt think I had an exhaust leak?). You can never be to safe I guess.

Oh, and did you do anything special, like weld a lip to where the T-bolt clamps to? Or is it just like a cut-off type deal?

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Empera- Yup, had a good start for a clean racer, no ABS, no TEMS, that stuff was worthless to me, then eliminated tons of other worthless crap, and it has better daily driver manners than a stocker.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
hottscennessey said:
hahahah, lets hope no fumage. I'm considering it. Just making sure because I had a turbo blow out on me, and had oil smoke pouring in from under the dash (dont know where, I didnt think I had an exhaust leak?). You can never be to safe I guess.

Oh, and did you do anything special, like weld a lip to where the T-bolt clamps to? Or is it just like a cut-off type deal?
No lip, the flex is soft enough it really clamps down, never came loose in over 2 years., actually on the back end to HKS pipe I have a u-bolt clamp.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
tookwik4u89 said:
Empera- Yup, had a good start for a clean racer, no ABS, no TEMS, that stuff was worthless to me, then eliminated tons of other worthless crap, and it has better daily driver manners than a stocker.

greatness, something i need to look in is gettin rid of crap..im keeping ABS even tho its not working at the moment...
TEMS i will get rid of wen i get new shocks, wat are some relays i could get rid of?

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Fuel pump resistor and relay, a/c stuff, I relocated the crap at the fuse box to inside of frame rail. need to do same with injector resistor. Heater valve. boost sensor.