The story of my Supra....My 2JZA70 supra!

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
TweeT91109;1668851 said:
Dam this car and its motor looks like It was put together very nicely. I like the color also. Not all the carbon fiber though. But its your car, do what you please with it.

Thanks. You can't say you don't like the 'Stout' hood and the S2 mirrors? These look great on a mk3 Supra.
I have in mind though,one day to paint the hood...

varadi

Aug 23, 2010
Doveton,Victoria
definatley one of the sexiest looking supra mk3's around....
its a inspiration to me and im sure others to see such care taken when working on and choosing what parts to use
i'm curently working on a swap my self.. a 2jz into a mk3 88 ga70, this thread hase given me the inspiration to keep going :) thanks and the car looks like an all time great

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
varadi;1669512 said:
definatley one of the sexiest looking supra mk3's around....
its a inspiration to me and im sure others to see such care taken when working on and choosing what parts to use
i'm curently working on a swap my self.. a 2jz into a mk3 88 ga70, this thread hase given me the inspiration to keep going :) thanks and the car looks like an all time great

Thanks bro... wish you good luck with your project. Put that 2jz on , and you'll enjoy it with your heart!

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
Tanabe (made in Japan) Sway bars,arrived this morning....

p1670396_1.jpg

p1670396_2.jpg

p1670396_3.jpg

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::dunno:

Engine :thumbup:
Wheels :thumbup:
Suspension:thumbup:
Brakes :thumbup:
Gauges :thumbup:
Hatch vortex generators :dunno:

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
rodel;1670530 said:
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::dunno:

Engine :thumbup:
Wheels :thumbup:
Suspension:thumbup:
Brakes :thumbup:
Gauges :thumbup:
Hatch vortex generators :dunno:

Thanks for the thumbs up! xaxaxa....
As for the vortex generators I just wanted to add some JDM style, xexe....and
also about 150 lbs of downforce on the rear section of the car during high speeds of + 100 MPH !

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
Bigzavs;1670580 said:
How are you liking the 72mm on there?

car is looking great btw

Thanks !
Well, I only boost 15 psi since I went single turbo. The 72mm is doing fine but it needs more boost
to show it's power level. At 15 psi I got full boost at 4500 rpms,and I should be around 420-440 rwhp...
I can't wait to up the boost to 22-24 psi with a new EMS tune on 100 octane pump gas.
I just want to install the parts first,that I am waiting this week.

I ordered :
# HKS Ti 4" inch cat-back (to mate with the 4" DP/MP)
# Stainless steel one piece lightweight performance driveshaft
# 3.9 rear differential gear (now I got a 3.7 rear gear)

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
Bigzavs;1670595 said:
i was running 18psi when i had the journal bearing ITS 72mm, it was just starting to wake up at that level

So true...
What hot side did you have on the 72mm? .84 A/R ?
I got a .70 A/R, and I wish I had a bigger one....

winsauce

they call me cotton jr
Sep 17, 2010
Dayton, OH
I wish all supra were treated with the same care that yours is...

Phenomenal mk3!!! its gorgeous, personalized, functional, not to mention going to be fast as balls!!!

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
winsauce;1670622 said:
I wish all supra were treated with the same care that yours is...

Phenomenal mk3!!! its gorgeous, personalized, functional, not to mention going to be fast as balls!!!

Thanks man. The ONLY way to do it right my friend is to take good care of your car and have it as clean as possible!
Then $ plays all the game of tuning...we all know that. And last.. good choise of aftermarket performance parts!
When I see top class tuned mk3s I get soooo excited. And people have great respect for our cars...like all the
other 'exotic' cars! Feels good...you know!

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
SupraClaou;1350172 said:

p1670934_1.jpg

For these generators to be effective, then they must be directly in the flow stream. At speeds, the flow stream will begin to separate from the A70's body immediately where those generators are located, thus essentially deeming them ineffective. - I any at all.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
How does the four inch catback fit on the MK3? I would buy the muffler and just make the exhaust myself. Make sure you put in a new muffler bearing.

Last edited:

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
BlackDevilSupra;1670934 said:
For these generators to be effective, then they must be directly in the flow stream. At speeds, the flow stream will begin to separate from the A70's body immediately where those generators are located, thus essentially deeming them ineffective. - I any at all.

Does anybody know where exactly is the 'peak' of the flow stream on our cars?
RHDJapan instructions.... to be located at the rear of the car's roof.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

IBoughtASupra;1670980 said:
How does the four inch catback fit on the MK3? I would buy the muffler and just make the exhaust myself. Make sure you put in a new muffler bearing.

Don't know yet... I am waiting for the exhaust to come.
When I get it,I'll post pictures.
What do you mean muffler bearing? The HKS Ti has a slip in design..