The (old) Official Gun Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dachande

Arrrrrr Matey
Apr 3, 2005
South Carolina
this came in last week. haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.
p623897_1.jpg

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Dachande said:
this came in last week. haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.
p624021_1.jpg

You'll like it. My buddy just got his .40 usp and its an awesome piece.

On the other hand - Any body here know how to detail strip the Walther P99? This thing is going to get a custom MDC trigger job.

This trigger sucks balls....

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I'm a proud new papa of a brand new Hi Standard 1911A1 .45 ACP pistol :D I can't pick it up until June 3rd though. Here's two crappy cell phone pics I took at the gun store/range. Tax, pistol, case, lock, and processing fee totaled $499.08. Not bad I'd say. Until I am out of my sling in 6 weeks (I had shoulder surgery yesterday on my right shoulder) I'm going to have to learn to shoot with just my left hand.

Adam

Last edited:

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Ordering up my first personally owned pistol in 2 weeks - a 9mm Springfield Armory XD 4" 'Service Model'

I'm going to take my CCW class with that pistol, to really start to learn about 'em!

tweak666

May 11, 2006
boca raton, FL
Doward said:
Ordering up my first personally owned pistol in 2 weeks - a 9mm Springfield Armory XD 4" 'Service Model'

I'm going to take my CCW class with that pistol, to really start to learn about 'em!

i see your in gainesville, did you go to one of the gun stores in town, or to picketts in newberry? ever been to fort white gun club?

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
I've been busy. I've offloaded my Glock 26, 34 and 36. I have since picked up a Glock 23 and 27 (.40 cal for both). I took my 21, 23, 27 and my SBR'd AR15 to the range this past weekend. I had fun :)

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
if this isn't the right place to ask this question then idk. but for about a week now I been wanting a new gun so I been looking into shotguns.. whats your guys opinions on a mossberg 500.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Mk3runner said:
if this isn't the right place to ask this question then idk. but for about a week now I been wanting a new gun so I been looking into shotguns.. whats your guys opinions on a mossberg 500.

I'm going to get one for home defense. Nobody fucks with the persuader.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Mossberg 500 served me well as a kid in the 80's with 2 duck hunting trips every year to the Dakota's, deer hunting at home in Wisconsin and grouse in the UP after I got to college. It was stolen when I left the UP in 96 and I've wanted another one ever since. :3d_frown:

IMO, you'd be hard pressed to get more for your money than that shotgun.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
this is my fun gun. expensive to shoot, but fun.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

this is my .40 s&w model 4013. very very accurate. i love this gun.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

and this is the ammo i use. the head is designed to explode on impact. if the bullet hits a wall, it will not go through to kill anyone outside. if the bullet hits you though, good luck getting all of the pieces out.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Restrictions would be heavy on the full auto version - Class III. The semi auto versions, which are available to the public wouldn't be any different than buying/owning/shooting any other "assault weapon".

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Even for a CIII weapon, it's not hard to get your hands on one - provided it's a legal gun and you have the thousands, yes THOUSANDS of dollars to buy one. You can pnly buy/transfer one through a specific CIII dealer, not just Joe's gun shop on the corner

You need:
ATF Form 4 (2 copies)
2 passport style pictures
Police Chief sign off on Form 4s saying you are eligible to own such a weapon in that area and you have no pending criminal charges and there are no convictions on your record.
2 FBI fingerprint cards
1 $200 Check made payable to the ATF for the tax stamp.

Provided you get all that, can pass the background check, can pay the money and wait the 45-60 days, you too can have a fully auto firearm.

It's the same process for a Short Barrelled Rifle (SBR) or Short Barrelled Shotgun (SBS)

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I like the P90. :)

Do not like the price, but hey, you get what you pay for....

Long barrel version requires no fed tax stamp... but it's just a semi-auto bull-pup machine rifle.

Of course, it holds 50 rounds per magazine, is totally ambi-dexterious and the design makes the most of the barrel for the size of the weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.