Status
Not open for further replies.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Adjuster said:
I like the P90. :)

Do not like the price, but hey, you get what you pay for....

Long barrel version requires no fed tax stamp... but it's just a semi-auto bull-pup machine rifle.

Of course, it holds 50 rounds per magazine, is totally ambi-dexterious and the design makes the most of the barrel for the size of the weapon.

It's an odd sized round [5.7x28], but I thought about getting a FN P-90 and a FN Five-seveN pistol; they both share the same ammunition, which is also fairly cheap, but the prices of the individual firearms will still make you think twice. The pistol has a 20-round capacity, but I don't know about take-down power. I read somewhere that it is great, even for a small round, and can penetrate up to 48 layers of kevlar.

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
if its the round im thinking of it was desined for that porpose.

but i could be thinking of a totally diffrent round

Edit: its a totally diffrent round

Last edited:

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Ok, straight poop on FN5.7 round.

Very small. Very fast.
"Consumer" version has no steel dart in the core...
"Real" version has a steel dart in a lead wrap and copper jacket... Nasty ass round for sure. (Comes apart inside you, and it does go right through most body armor, or at least the dart does...)

Think lead sabot round...

Good news? 50 rounds in the machine pistol.
20 rounds in the pistol.

And the stopping power of the "consumer" version is very good too, mostly due to the high velocity of the bullet allowing it to pack the punch of a larger heavy bullet at slower speeds.

Bad part as noted is the pistol is about 900.00 and the rifle is 1800.00....

But, you get what you pay for. :)

These are just dream weapons for me at the moment however. (Like buying a .45 Bushmaster rifle, the exact opposite of the FN5.7 round, it's a HUGE bullet, not that fast, and it packs it's punch from sheer size.)

Cheapest large bore, sabot capable rifle is a good shotgun BTW.

What I own is a Tarus 9mm Beretta copy, Bushmaster CAR15 and a very nice Ruger 1022 with CF barrel, Hogue stock.. :) It's my tack driver. :) And you can get the 50 round mags again.

Dang cheap to shoot, and more accurate than I am.

Looking at another Tarus pistol for a CCW, most likely will get the Ti version if I can. Also a .22 conversion for the PT92 and two 15 round mags. (One of the great things about the PT is there are tons of mods for this gun. I have a 30 round mag for it, and a few 17 round ones.. Really it's all the pistol anyone could/should ever need.) It is a full frame auto however. (Not the most concealable gun in the world.)

The Kahr is nice, but too small for my hand size. (Thus the reason I like the Tarus, and it's stacked mag design and wider hand grip.) The size difference is minimal, but the "feel" of the Tarus is much better, and it points better for me too. The Kahr points low, so I'd have to learn to shoot with it all over again. (Not hard, but it is a consideration that under stress, I'd likely shoot low with that pistol.)

My brother has the FN5.7 pistol, and it's a very nice gun. Sort of strange looking, but very well made, and you can't knock having 20 rounds in each magazine. Recoil is minimal too, and that makes the most of all your ammo.

I'm supprised California has not outlawed that caliber since it has a reputation as able to penetrate body armor. (So does my Black Talon ammo I carry, but it's just teflon coated, and it's sub-sonic, so it's not going very fast... LOL)

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Adjuster said:
Ok, straight poop on FN5.7 round.

I may just get one of those before saving for the USP.45 Tac. I told the guy at one of the local gun stores that I was looking for something with take-down power, a decent standard capacity magazine, and a round that hits harder than a 9mm but less kick than a 45 or possibly 40. He recommended it and I was a little skeptical due to the sheer size of the round, so I thought I would research first. The gun felt comfortable in my hand, so that was definitely another selling point. I am pretty much sold on it now, and would probably purchase immediately if they had a rental I could try out at their range.

As for the PT92, I have shot one of those and I can say, it was nice. Not only was the mag capacity insane for a 9mm, but for a 1st time pistol shooter, I did rather well with that gun.

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
hey all, looking for some feedback on something.

i went to the range today and for a quick visit last weekend. each time i start out shooting seated from the bench to get warmed up. and both this week and last i had to move my rear sight around to get on target. i dont mess with my sights between range trips so its something i'm doing that is inconsistant from one range trip to the next. what could it be?

the good news in that is that the groupings are the size of the top of a soda can (shooting at 50 feet) and they are only like 2 inches low and 2 inches to the right. but i still shouldnt have to move my sight every time i shoot.

ideas?

Toyota h8r

Formerly KILLERMK3
Jan 24, 2006
Sylvania ohio
www.cardomain.com
Mk3runner said:
if this isn't the right place to ask this question then idk. but for about a week now I been wanting a new gun so I been looking into shotguns.. whats your guys opinions on a mossberg 500.

I have one...love it:love:. Only thing i dont like it the "pump" is noisy on the wood version. My mossberg is older than i am(was my dads) and still is tight and dead on. So 22 years old and still does the job.....i cant complain at all. I am going to convert it to the tactical version due to improved weight and comfort.
p632100_1.jpg

BTW...this is LEGAL in ohio....i dunno bout your state.

ForceofWill

May 3, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale
Going to stop being lazy and get my concealed carry permit here shortly. I'm looking for something I can comfortably carry around daily. Small enough and not too heavy. But also looking for something with enough kinetic energy that, god forbid I have to use it, will put the assailant on the ground 1 shot hopefully. Been looking at a few, but I have relatively limited knowledge on the subject. Any advice would be nice.

Looking at two right now.

Para Ordinance Warthog
WHX1045Rphoto.jpg

Maybe a Taurus revolver. .357
617B.jpg

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Para, IMO. You've got to love the .45's autos and a lot of indoor ranges won't let you shoot magnums, so you'd be stuck with only shooting .38 specials unless you have a place to practice outside.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I'm really liking the small alloy/Ti frame pistols for CCW's. (Plus you can get them with CrimsonTrace grips, so aim is easy.)

Put the red dot where you want to shoot, and pull the trigger. Done deal. (Very nice, since if you ever did have to use this CCW, it would likely be a very stressfull moment in your life, and anything that helps you hit what you need to hit is a great benefit.)

I'm leaning towards the Tarus Ti 24/7 based auto however. (That warthog is just too small for my hand. If I did revolver, either S&W or Tarus is the way to go.)

ForceofWill

May 3, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale
I can shoot .357's at the indoor by my house, shouldn't be a problem. Trying to find something that would comfortably fit inside a waistline with a tucked in shirt. Those 24/7's look a little big at over 7" long, 5.5" tall. The hog is 6.5, 4.5.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
My 21st is coming up in July and I've been thinking about getting a Beretta PX4 Storm .40 S&W. Seen here: http://www.berettausa.com/product/product_pistols_main.htm

My brother has a Glock 22 in the same caliber and my dad has a S&W M&P40 also in the same caliber, of those two I like the Glock better, seems to be balanced better. But I have also had more range time with the Glock. I need to go to the gun shop and see if they have one I can hold just to see if I like it.

Anyone else have/had the Beretta? Comments?

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
Toyota h8r said:
I have one...love it:love:. Only thing i dont like it the "pump" is noisy on the wood version. My mossberg is older than i am(was my dads) and still is tight and dead on. So 22 years old and still does the job.....i cant complain at all. I am going to convert it to the tactical version due to improved weight and comfort.
p635737_1.jpg

BTW...this is LEGAL in ohio....i dunno bout your state.

probably is illegal here too, but that doesn't bother me. got this shop I like going to right across the nevada border that has whatever I need or want.

added: not implying I buy illegal guns. I'm straight up about being legit. but the accessories is a different story. for example banana clips and such.

Toyota h8r

Formerly KILLERMK3
Jan 24, 2006
Sylvania ohio
www.cardomain.com
Mk3runner said:
probably is illegal here too, but that doesn't bother me. got this shop I like going to right across the nevada border that has whatever I need or want.

added: not implying I buy illegal guns. I'm straight up about being legit. but the accessories is a different story. for example banana clips and such.
The only thing illegal about the shotgun i posted is usually the pistol grip stock. Depends on your states laws on "tactile" weapons.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
well pistol grip here is illegal.... but for $25-35 how can you say no to one. damn this is gonna be hard trying to budget the supra and buy a new gun.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
easy, it's a criminal offense. you want to go to jail, just to have a tacti-cool weapon? If you reallyreally want one, go and do it right through the ATF and get your AOW or SBS tax stamp

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
yeah California just sucks.... can't do shit without having the man at your door. not to mention the damn emission laws. freakshow state you say.... haven't heard that one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.