The long Awaited SupraHero 1JayZ Build

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
wow Jay thats great, You are getting everything together so quickly. it looks great.

Did you have to Cut a hole for the intercooler piping on the intake side. Just asking cause my car does not have a whole where your piping goes?

hey are those KPH on your speedo ....lol :)

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
dont get overwhelmed in the wiring. its not near as bad as it looks. in fact, its my 2nd most favorite thing to do (tuning #1). just set forth a plan, and do it one section at a time. dont try to go in all willy nilly and do everything at once or different areas at the same time. you'll get it, im confident.

and the dash looks good by itself, but i see what you mean about the matching. im sure you'll get something worked out on it. and hey you painted your dash lego blue too ;)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Josh, I did have to cut a hole in the intake side, but I happen to own a sawzall and alot of metal blades. My dash is in Kilometers also, because when I ordered it, I screwed up. I don't obey the speedlimit, so the speedometer really doesn't even get used. It may seem like it's going quick to you, but I feel like time has stopped for me. I want to have it running before Ryan comes down in February, so I've got to get going.............lol

Dave, it may look like lego blue, but it's called Regal blue. I'll have to see if I can have them make me a custom color. Thanks for the reassurance on the wiring. I've got alot of printouts, and I've called Aaron and a few other members (including yourself) a few times. I've had sooooo much support that it really is overwhelming the way our site helps everyone out. I don't think their is a closer community than ours anywhere.................:love:

Weezl, I never liked your WeezlWings...................OH wait a minute, I bought one from you. That's right I love my WeezlWings. Everyone has different tastes, and I had my instrument panel painted blue for the last two years and wanted something different. I chose to go with the brushed aluminum look and I love it. When I get it all put together and running good, you'll change your mind.................;)

Ken, I am really at a loss for words. Anytime you agree with a color I choose, then the stars must not be in alignment. We may have an eclipse sometime later on tonight..................:biglaugh:

Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions. I will try and get some more done tomorrow..................much love.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
suprahero said:
Dave, it may look like lego blue, but it's called Regal blue.

LOL

i meant the dash lego. its the plastic rectangle up in the pass side corner of the dash in the vent. its an optical sensor used for the climate control. it measures the incoming sunlight and makes some calculations based off of this to adjust something to do something lol. ok so all i know is its part of the climate control and measures light coming into the car. um, yours is regal blue now so it wont be doing that ;) . i just call it a dash lego because i thought thats what it was stuck down in the vent when i first got the car. go ahead, laugh.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
FINALLY, after much reading of this thread bit-by-bit in the mornings, I've read it all up to this point. Great work Jay ;). When I first seen the pic of you interior I thought that rusty metal bar was acturally a big ass rifle stuffed in there! Crazy ass Bama boys....

Are the internals of that engine stock? New piston rings, MHG, etc.? I know they're built pretty tuff from the factory, but I didn't know if you were putting in a JDM engine without doing some stuff to the internals ;).

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Just wondering Jay.............Are you a Redneck Canuck???????? Or do you just not care how many MPH you are doing? It doesn't even look like it has the MPH in small numbers like we have KPH in ours.

And, I have a spare unpainted dash lego if you are concerned with that.

The car is really looking good. Can't wait to come see!!!!!!

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Jay the bay is looking great!!! I cant say enough good things about that your hard work and attention to detail. As far as the interior goes I got a good laugh from the dash. How about you get the car running!!! I am going to mail you some stuff that I have left over from my interior. When I get down there we will hit that interior hard......:icon_bigg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Dave, pretty good story and yes, I did paint it blue. I wasn't paying attention I guess. I can easily scrape it off. Thanks

Chris, the internals look brand new. The cylinder walls were all perfect. I thought about rebuilding it since I had it tore down, but it looked brand new on the inside, so I didn't mess with it. My engine only has 60,000 miles on it so it should be fine for a while. I did put a new metal headgasket on though. Thanks for watching out for me though........and I might be the only redneck in Alabama that doesn't own a firearm of any sort. I do own a bow and two pelet guns..............:biglaugh:

Scott, as stated, I don't care how fast I'm going because I know I'm speeding. I also know that straight up is 80mph and anything passed that is a ticket so it doesn't matter...............:icon_bigg

Ryan, The dash doesn't bother me near as much now that it's in, but I wouldn't mind changing it to the proper color when you get down. That'll give us something to do for a while. I just hope to have it running before then. Thanks for the kind words.............lol

Swaq, I'm going to try and find a better color, but I don't know what I'll come up with.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
buckshotglass said:
Looks great.:naughty: I was a little scared when you said you were painting the dash, but I must say it looks pretty damm good. It's almost the same color of Joe's old car. ;)
What holds the fuse block?

I had to explain to Vixen what you were talking about and forgot all about telling you, my bad. It's just sitting in there right now. I've got to do alot of wiring still and then I'll decide where I'll mount it. I'm trying to make room for my Tial BOV and make everything as neat as possible. I'd like it to look as good as Mattjk's engine bay. His is so neat and looks almost empty..............:love:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It's 37 degrees here and I'm giong to go work on the supra. Hopefully I'll have some more pics to post up later, but I'm not making any promises.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm still a long ways from starting it up, but I'm closer than I was this time yesterday..............lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
My weaksauce 1jz is going to run circles around your non running, non being worked on 7mgte................:biglaugh: