The long Awaited SupraHero 1JayZ Build

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
bobiseverywhere said:
Jay do think think you wil get a chance to put your car on a Dyno. so we all can see what you get for what you have done. :)

Ppssssshhhh!!! Are you kidding me? I'll probably dyno it every friday...............:biglaugh:
I will definately be dynoing. My brother is doing all kinds of stuff to his C4 vette and now I'll have to keep up, so my car will probably never be through.........:evil2:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Today, I'm going to try and paint my dash while I have it out. It's grey now, but I'm going to paint it blue to match my interior. Hopefully it will turn out great. Here are a few pics I took this morning.

First one is of the engine and how it sits right now. I was going to work on the a/c and radiator, and hydro fan today, but I think I'm going to work on the wiring inside and the dash.
p489622_1.jpg

Here is a picture of the wiring mess I have right now. Hopefully by this evening, it won't look so intimidating.
p489622_2.jpg

and another..........
p489622_3.jpg

Here's one of my fearless helper Sebastian............:love:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Here's one of my gray dash.............
sm_photo_missing.jpg

and one more of the dash.........
sm_photo_missing.jpg

That is all for now, but I'm hoping to have some pictures this evening, depending on how much I get done. Anyone wanting to drive down, up, or over to help me, feel free to come on.................:biglaugh:

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
That's the ugliest car I've EVER seen...

And by ugly I mean Supramania ride of the year material!!! Man I love your car Jay :love: . What are you using to paint the dash?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
dbsupra90 said:
lookin really good jay!

i think vixen needs to buy you a garage and lift for your b'day :)

I dont get a birthday, valentine, Christmas, Fathers day, or any gift for the next seventeen years..................:biglaugh:

Thanks for watching out for me though.............lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
SupraDerk said:
That's the ugliest car I've EVER seen...
And by ugly I mean Supramania ride of the year material!!! Man I love your car Jay :love: . What are you using to paint the dash?

Thanks SD. I know it's not much to look at right now, but I'm working on it. I'm painting the dash with a spray can called SEM color coat, flexible coating. It's made for most flexible and rigid plastics, carpet, vinyl, and velour. I've already put six light coats on this morning. I think that should do it. I may have to touch it up once I get it back in the car. It's a pita to put the dash back in. I'll have to paint alot of my trim pieces as well, but she only had one can in stock but she's ordering me some more.

Kyle, I'll get the electric drill ahold of that rust bar, but only because you requested it.............:biglaugh:

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
If your willing to purchase me a plane ticket there and back, and i can crash on your couch, ill be there later today! :biglaugh:

seriously though.....:naughty:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
at first I was just too stunned to say anything.....

Then VVVVVVVVV this came to mind...

Last edited:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
p489923_1.jpg

Does this make anyone else feel uneasy? I dont suffer from OCD particularly but seeing all those wires hanging there makes my throat dry and my knees go weak.

It looks like someone gutted a robot!

Im glad Jay is is doing this instead of me, thats for sure.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Bee Bee Be Beep!!! Bee Bee Be Beep!!!

This just in, I repeat this just in.......:icon_bigg

I just got off the phone with Jay and he and Ricky are now hard at work on the car. Jay went and Dyno'd his brothers Corvette today (285 whp):3d_frown: and now he is back home work'n on his car. I guess Jay was very happy with the painted dash until he got it in the car so I will let Jay explain that, he has promised more pictures. Jay seems to be in good spirits so hopefully we will all get a full update from Jay by this evening........:icon_razz

Thats all from this reporter!!! I now bring you back to your regular SM programing......lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Yeah he only dyno'd 273 rwhp, and 308 torque, but it still outruns Vixens supra. At 80mph his car is way stronger. I can't figure out what's wrong with hers. I think it must be the turbo. I still have my Garrett to4e and I think I will install it on hers, but I'm worried about the torque converter being able to handle it. I've already swapped out two transmissions on hers. That's another day in another thread though.

I painted the dash and got it installed, but it doesn't match my leather like the lid did. The lid looked like an exact match, but on the dash it looks like gay blue to me. I'm not going to worry about it right now because I just want to get it running.
I got the hydro fan and radiator installed today along with my new belt. I've got to work on the intercooler and piping tomorrow if it doesn't rain, but there's a big chance of thunderstorms tomorrow. I will try and get more pictures tomorrow to apease the picture gods..................lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaron, we rolled the car up under the hoist, cause it will not roll. I had to hook my truck up to it to get it out of the Dungeon. It wasn't easy, but nothing on this so far has been. I don't really know what I was expecting, but it's been a pain in the but. Hopefully one day it will be worth it.............lol

Weezl, I too get weak in the knees when looking at all of those wires. I know now beyond a shadow of a doubt that my car will never crank again. I might as well start resourcing a car hauler to deliver it to Driftmotion now..................

I got the dash put back in today and it doesn't look quite so bad, but it's still pretty intimidating. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'm going to try and put the cab back together. I mean like my steering wheel, SAFCII, AVC-R, my radio and whatever else I can find laying around to install...............

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
suprahero said:
I still have my Garrett to4e and I think I will install it on hers, but I'm worried about the torque converter being able to handle it. I've already swapped out two transmissions on hers. That's another day in another thread though.

I painted the dash and got it installed, but it doesn't match my leather like the lid did.

Lookin good Jay!

You must be talking about the arm rest "Lid". It looks kinda gay blue, but still looks good. Put that turbo on Vixens car an don't look back. You know I still have that auto tranny. If you need it, it's all yours. Hell if she tears it up quick, I will even deliver it.

And, one more thing............It must have been dash day today in Alabama. Check out my build to see some of todays progress. But, I must say, I've never pulled a dash without it's wiring like that. That must have been a PAI.

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
Car is looking great.:love:

Keep up the good work Baby........but hurry so you can swap out my turbo. Your Corvette owning brother has been too happy lately.....:evil2:

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
MKIII VIXEN said:
Car is looking great.:love:

Keep up the good work Baby........but hurry so you can swap out my turbo. Your Corvette owning brother has been too happy lately.....:evil2:
I think Jay should stop on his car for a couple hours and change your turbo Vixen, By the way Jay keep up the great work and fix your honeys car:evil2:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
ForcedTorque said:
Lookin good Jay!

You must be talking about the arm rest "Lid". It looks kinda gay blue, but still looks good. Put that turbo on Vixens car an don't look back. You know I still have that auto tranny. If you need it, it's all yours. Hell if she tears it up quick, I will even deliver it.

And, one more thing............It must have been dash day today in Alabama. Check out my build to see some of todays progress. But, I must say, I've never pulled a dash without it's wiring like that. That must have been a PAI.

Scott, my feelings are truly hurt now. The arm rest lid is the same leather that the rest of my interior is. I haven't posted any pictures of the dash yet, but I will in a second. I will change out the turbo in the next day or so. I have to make sure I have all of the parts that I need. I really appreciate the extra peer pressure I receive from everyone on here...................:biglaugh:
I think everyone just wants her to outrun me all the time. I'm not real sure my 1jz can handle the TO4E. It's pretty potent. I will now try and upload the pictures of my gab dash...............lol