The long Awaited SupraHero 1JayZ Build

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Jay.....congrats on getting it going, nice progress....you got alot done fast!

I really dont think a few thousandths tight on valve clearance will affect you compression wise, I dont think there's enough heat to close the gap and hang a valve open even a little. I would try moving cam gears around a little at a time like Aaron was getting at. Here is a good read on the subject.....

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411951

And your lookin' pretty studly all dressed in red BTW:) BUSTED!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
tookwik4u89 said:
Jay.....congrats on getting it going, nice progress....you got alot done fast!

I really dont think a few thousandths tight on valve clearance will affect you compression wise, I dont think there's enough heat to close the gap and hang a valve open even a little. I would try moving cam gears around a little at a time like Aaron was getting at. Here is a good read on the subject.....

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411951

And your lookin' pretty studly all dressed in red BTW:) BUSTED!

Thanks Ken for the webpage. I'll look at it in a sec. I checked the tolerances and they were not as bad as I originally thought. The crower specs say that the exhaust should be .010 so their pretty dang close. The intake side were perfect.

I can't believe I had on red the day Aaron was leaving. I swear I think you Red guys are trying to take over the world, and some evil spirit made me wear red that day..................:3d_frown:

+100 to you for catching it too.................:biglaugh:

Any suggestions on which way to go for the cam gear adjustments? Should I try to get more bottom end power since my torque is so low right now? Any suggestions will be appreciated............even if it's from a red supra owner.............;)

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
suprahero said:
I can't believe I had on red the day Aaron was leaving. I swear I think you Red guys are trying to take over the world, and some evil spirit made me wear red that day..................:3d_frown:

+100 to you for catching it too.................:biglaugh:
If you can't beat em.......:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I'll be shooting 3E5 in April/May, come on up;)

Last edited:

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
suprahero said:

It's just too bad your sweatshirt didn't have a beautiful black stripe down the front. :biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Shytheed Dumas said:
It's just too bad your sweatshirt didn't have a beautiful black stripe down the front. :biglaugh:

That would have really creeped me out..................:aigo:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
^^^There will be no Red on my watch!!!! The Blue force is stong with Jay he will never give into the Red dark side.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
The last thing it needs is a skidmark, I have enough of those in my shorts....lol:biglaugh:

You know I love you!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
tookwik4u89 said:
If you can't beat em.......:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I'll be shooting 3E5 in April/May, come on up;)

OOOOOH.........I just might.........O my bad, this is Jay's thread. Get them cams straight hillbilly, I'll be there to inspect sooooon!

This thread has made me have slight thoughts of going 1JZ in one of my cars one day. You have made it look too damn easy. Congrats on the quick progress.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
tookwik4u89 said:
Just make sure you put masking tape over your watch when we are spraying!:biglaugh:

LMAO. This thread is too hilarious. So how did wiggling your cam gears around work out?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Quin said:
LMAO. This thread is too hilarious. So how did wiggling your cam gears around work out?

I can't adjust my stock cg's. I have to wait for my adjustable ones to come in. I ordered a set of Greddy adjustable cg. I hope their of good quality. I got them for $230.00 for both. I thought it sounded like a good deal. I'll know once I get them on how much they help..........lol

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
da89soup said:
The last thing it needs is a skidmark, I have enough of those in my shorts....lol:biglaugh:

You know I love you!!!

:asshole:

Anybody who will drive the gay ass blue gets turned on by skid marks. :biglaugh:

Now, who love you?????!!!!!! :bigthumb:

1jzdreamer

Dec 3, 2006
Arkansas
Heh funny story about cams...
My bro brought home one out of a 350 today, one of the points or whatever you want to call them was almost perfectly rounded...

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
ForcedTorque said:
OOOOOH.........I just might.........O my bad, this is Jay's thread. Get them cams straight hillbilly, I'll be there to inspect sooooon!
I'm anxious for a full 3e5 with the cross in the background.....even if Jay insists we are the devil. Can I practice on your car?:evil2: