The long Awaited SupraHero 1JayZ Build

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Congrats Jay, kudos to you Aaron and not least of all Vixen!

Great efforts are paying well deserved rewards. Compared to where you've been, a few bugs can't be that bad... Can't wait to see it firsthand!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
So are you holding Aaron hostage til 400hp?????? You already kept him working thru the Super Bowl! I bet this bill is going to be high. But hey, all calendars show the blue beast this month. The least you could do is make it run. CONGRATS!

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
I agree with Nate!!! Your set up can bring much more when you get you bugs worked out. At least its a running driving car now and you know what you need to do get it where you want it. I cant wait to ride in it!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
da89soup said:
I agree with Nate!!! Your set up can bring much more when you get you bugs worked out. At least its a running driving car now and you know what you need to do get it where you want it. I cant wait to ride in it!!!

You know how many people here would LOVE to have 371RWHP???????????

Less than 2 weeks Ryan, and we both may know what it feels like.

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
suprahero said:
For the record, Aaron said the wiring was fine, BUT it's easier for him to redo it then it is for him to trouble shoot. That's my story and I'm sticking to it..........:biglaugh:

I'm still hoping to dyno this evening at 6:00 p.m. We will definately film it. I'm really in a hurry to get it running, so I will post up later. I had to post this to appease a SM member that called me...............:biglaugh:

We're getting low compression but maybe we'll figure it out later..........lol

what are the numbers you are getting. When i tested my engine at first i was getting 150 PSI aprox across the board.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
bobiseverywhere said:
BTW congrats on the HP Numbers thus far.

I Believe that you will hit a good bit over 400 soon enough.
I agree. 371 isn't too bad for the first shakedown session. GT35R is definately capable of a good bit more than that.

I'm interested to see what you guys find in the head. Once everything's operating the way it should, hp and tq numbers should be relatively close.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
bobiseverywhere said:
what are the numbers you are getting. When i tested my engine at first i was getting 150 PSI aprox across the board.

I was getting 135 across the boards, and I'm thinking it's something with the head work. Maybe the machinist didn't shim it properly. I'm going to take it back to him and have him check it again. I'll keep you updated. I've got two weeks to get it fixed.................:x:

350znal

Dec 1, 2006
Anniston, Al.
Well, my numbers were better than what i was hoping for. Hopefully with alittle more tuning it will top 400rwhp. Still have the whole exhaust system to work on too.

BTW. Car looked great Jay!

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
suprahero said:
I was getting 135 across the boards, and I'm thinking it's something with the head work. Maybe the machinist didn't shim it properly. I'm going to take it back to him and have him check it again. I'll keep you updated. I've got two weeks to get it fixed.................:x:

That vavle stuff that was in the engine manual for the 2J and 1J in the tech info thread i am not sure whats what but it might help

Quin mentioned something about a PDF Translator so i am going to give that i try on it as well. See if i can get you any more info

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Jay, nice job again. Not bad for a shake down run.

Oh and I think we found out why the JZ motor won't pump any oil. Apparently the oil froze up because it's so cold (30 degrees). I'm going to wait until it gets above freezing, and see if the oil has thawed out. I'll let you know. Maybe then we can get some oil pressure. OIL FREEZE, lol.

Header wrap FTW!

Here in Alabama, we don't mess around when it comes to dyno time. You finish your car, you go to the dyno. Walkerdyno is just awesome, and Blake is da man! See you on the 17th!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'll thaw your oil out for $200.00 and gaurantee it not to freeze again during the for three months or three thousand miles, which ever comes first..............:biglaugh:

Blake does rock. He's good at what he does. The seventeenth should produce some better numbers, but I'm not promising anything. Hope you get yours fixed before then............lol

Ray(350zna) I'm not even talking to you Mr. 396.....................:biglaugh:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
suprahero said:
Ray(350zna) I'm not even talking to you Mr. 396.....................:biglaugh:

When you get everything sorted out with your car, he's probably going to be the one not wanting to talk to you. :]]]

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
OneJoeZee said:

He made those on a 2jz, but it doesn't seem like there should be a hundred horsepower difference. He is also runing two more pounds of boost which I think should make about 20-25 hp difference. I'll figure something out eventually.

I checked the valve tolereances and their a little tight, but their withing two thousanths. Is that too tight? Exhaust side is suppose to be .012 and the intake side is suppose to be .008. I haven't checked the intake side yet. I'll try and do it later this evening..............lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
OneJoeZee said:
When you get everything sorted out with your car, he's probably going to be the one not wanting to talk to you. :]]]

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.....................:x:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
suprahero said:
He made those on a 2jz, but it doesn't seem like there should be a hundred horsepower difference. He is also runing two more pounds of boost which I think should make about 20-25 hp difference. I'll figure something out eventually.

yeah, the difference in power isn't all from the fact that that's a 2J car. Just showing what is possible with the turbo once everythings sorted out. Pretty sure EVOs have made that kind of power as well and that's a 2L.

You'll get there. :]

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
So Jay congrats on the progess that you and Arron have made.:naughty: , Did you send Arron home to Roxy yet?:love: ,So how does Vixens car run with your turbo?