The long Awaited SupraHero 1JayZ Build

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm not real sure he is willing to do that, but if he was, I've got a plane ticket waiting...............:biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Here are a few pictures of some loose wires that I'm hoping someone can tell me where they go.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I don't know what this connector is called, but I have four wires coming out of it that I don't have attached to anything.
There is a blue with red splotches, two of them
There is a brown wire
There is a green wire with red stripe

sm_photo_missing.jpg

This is a plug that was on my clip that I don't have a plug on my car to plug into.
There's a blue wire with red stripe
Blue wire with white stripe
Blue wire with red splotches
Green wire with red stripe

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Here is the bottom of my fuse box. I haven't pulled a wire out of it and plugged it somewhere else. I remember reading about removing a white wire and installing it somewhere else, but I don't know where.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

This is another relay that was on my clip. It has four wires coming out of it also.
It has three blue wires and one brown wire.

Any 1jz guruus want to try and help me out please? If this doesn't work, try and talk Aaron into flying into Alabama and helping me...............:biglaugh:

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I just removed the plugs from my car. Their getting tons of fuel, but two of them have never fired. Their on different coil packs also. What would you suggest on this?
The plugs are brand new NGK's.

Last edited:

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
suprahero said:
I'm not real sure he is willing to do that, but if he was, I've got a plane ticket waiting...............:biglaugh:
Hell get Big a and his lady roxy both to come make him a sweet deal that they cant refuse .:evil2:

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Jay the Second Picture looks like the flying lead where did you cut it from

Ninja Edit: Jay i have not changed a single wire on my fuse box. Of course i don't know yet if everything is perfectly fine yet or not. LMK about that wire

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Well I had two of the wires on the coil pack wrong. Now it idles alot better, but it's still getting tooo much fuel. I'm getting the exhaust done in the morning (supposedly). I've taken 20% out with the afcII, but it still runs rich if I give it any gas at all. I haven't adjusted it for any rpm's above 2200.

The ecu is acting up for some reason as well. If I turn the key I don't get power to the ecu. I turn it off and try again. Sometimes it takes like four or five tries for the check engine light to come on showing me I have power. When it cranks, the check engine light goes off. It doesn't stay on like it has a code. I tried to check the codes today. I believe on the 1jz it's the TT and TE1 that you have to jump but there's no wire in the TT on the diagnostics. I will try and jump the TE1 and just ground it tomorrow and see if it throws a code. Wouldn't the check engine light be coming on though if I had a code?

Anyone know why the ecu is acting up? I did have the capacitors replaced, but a reputable TV repair shop. All he replaced was the capacitors so I doubt he messed anything up................:dunno:

Josh, that wire was laying on the ground by the clip. I didn't cut it but Ricky may have. I couldn't tell you where it went since it was already cut.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
I've never been to Alabama, hmmmmm
I could get back to my roots.....JK, my roots are in England, Ireland and Russia LOL

You know what though, it would be fun. If your buyin', im flyin'!

Ya'll got good food over there?

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
buckshotglass said:
mmm, I can smell Vixen's biscuits and gravy already. You are going to fly me in too, right? ;)
If you can help me get Aaron over here then you're more than welcome to come also. And for the record, my wife is the best cook I know.

I hope to have another video tomorrow night with the exhaust on and hopefully the bov and the dump tube.

Since my injectors are like 65% bigger than the stock 1jz injectors, how much fuel would be safe to take out? I've only taken out 20% but only in the low rpm range. I was scared to take out tooo much, but it is still running way too rich. Any suggestions?

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
So I'm flying out Friday night?:biglaugh: I wonder what the flight would cost? I could be there for a weekend, and I would not charge you anything.
We could get everything straightened out on the wiring and the engine and turbo just fine.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Wish I could help Jay but I am going to leave these tech questions to the people that have actually seen a 1J in person. Im glad you got it running better and on all 6 finally.

For you sports fans the score is now 1Jayz 7, Suprahero 3!!! Jay your only down by 4 and you got three weeks until your planned dyno so lots of time left on the clock. You got this game Jay, make us proud.....:icon_bigg

Buckshot I will let you know how Vixen's biscuites and gravy are in about 3 weeks. I have have set a goal for myself to gain 10lbs in 5 days when im there. Southern Fried chicken and biscuites = FTW.....:icon_bigg

Aaron and Jay tickets are cheep now!! I am flying to Birmingham out of Fargo for a little over 200 round trip. Look into cheeptickets.com. Or if you have like 10k flyer miles you can get a ticket dirt cheep using cash and miles through Northwest Airlines.

Last edited:

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
suprahero said:
Well I had two of the wires on the coil pack wrong. Now it idles alot better, but it's still getting tooo much fuel. I'm getting the exhaust done in the morning (supposedly). I've taken 20% out with the afcII, but it still runs rich if I give it any gas at all. I haven't adjusted it for any rpm's above 2200.

The ecu is acting up for some reason as well. If I turn the key I don't get power to the ecu. I turn it off and try again. Sometimes it takes like four or five tries for the check engine light to come on showing me I have power. When it cranks, the check engine light goes off. It doesn't stay on like it has a code. I tried to check the codes today. I believe on the 1jz it's the TT and TE1 that you have to jump but there's no wire in the TT on the diagnostics. I will try and jump the TE1 and just ground it tomorrow and see if it throws a code. Wouldn't the check engine light be coming on though if I had a code?

Anyone know why the ecu is acting up? I did have the capacitors replaced, but a reputable TV repair shop. All he replaced was the capacitors so I doubt he messed anything up................:dunno:

Josh, that wire was laying on the ground by the clip. I didn't cut it but Ricky may have. I couldn't tell you where it went since it was already cut.

I am not sure if it is or not Aaron would know better. But if you have the flying lead pluged in on your ECU then it's not.

For the Power problem Check for broken power cables. I had a similar problem had to replace one coming from the positive going to power the ECU and everything else. acted just like what your describing

Also if you can open up your ECU careful not to have any static on you take a look inside and see if you see any Burn Marks or Brown Gooey stuff under a capacitor.

It would be Awesome if Aaron could come down and help you.

Maybe Aaron and Jose should do a Cross country & Cross boarder tour for a week or two and visit different places :biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
bigaaron said:
I just found a round trip flight for $324, including a rental car, and I will put in $100 towards it. :naughty:

Paypal sent!!!!!

Aaron, if you're free this weekend and can get a ticket for that price, then I will pay the whole thing and feed you all you can eat.

I am going to try and get my exhaust done today and my welding on my dump tube and then check my air/ fuel again. I can still take out more fuel and maybe even lower the fuel pressure. If I get it running better, I may take haul it to the dyno and put it on there to adjust all of these fuel problems.

I found another problem last night too. The tensioner for the timing belt isn't very strong. The timing is still dead on, but the belt has a good bit of play in it. It looks like it would jump timing pretty easily if I was to get on it real hard. I will keep an eye on that. I may end up replacing it if anyone knows where I can get another one. I'm sure a used one will be fine, if it's stronger than this one.

Again, thanks to Aaron for really stepping up and helping out a supra lover in distress. I know I chose www.driftmotion.com for a reason...................lol

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Part number 1354046012 was superceded by part number 1354046030.

Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
1354046030 $67.10 $0.00 $50.33
Engine - Camshaft & timing - Camshaft & timing - Tensioner
Tensioner, supra - 3.0l 1993 - 1994
Add to Cart Contact Us
1354046030 $67.10 $0.00 $50.33
Engine - Camshaft & timing - Tensioner
Tensioner, supra - 3.0l 1995 - 1998