The long Awaited SupraHero 1JayZ Build

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
suprahero said:
First of all, when I ordered my white gauge kit, I ordered the speedometer wrong. Standard was in Kilometeres where I bought it from, and mph was special order. I didn't realize this until I got them and I just left it like it was.

Secondly, I got the car started tonight. I didn't film the very first startup. Well I filmed it, I just didn't upload it. You actually see the car start up the first time, but I wasn't getting fuel to the fpr, so I had to turn the camera off, and then I uploaded the part where I actually get to crank it. It started right up. I now know why I was getting power to my fuel pump and I have that fixed now. I still have to run the battery cables to the back of the car tomorrow and install my bumper and put the insides back together. I also have to hook up the a/c lines, but most of the swap is complete.

Scott, you know I'll help you whenever you need it, but I know you won't ever go 1jz. The 3E5 club will kick you out. I may no longer be a member of the blue man group after this................:biglaugh:

Alright now on to the video. Scott, I tried not to talk too much, so no one could make fun of my accent. The car is running very rich due to the SARD 540 injectors. Thanks, now sit back and enjoy the show.
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/supraheroes/?action=view&current=1jzstartup004.flv

I forgot to mention that I turned it over a few times without the efi before we actually tried to crank it. I know it sounds like shit, but maybe with some exhaust on it will sound better.............lol

Way to Go Jay!

So what was the problem with the Fuel?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I didn't have the relay plugged up for the fuel pump. It is on the firewall on the pasengers side. I have a few problems that I will work on saturday or sunday. I may play golf tomorrow since it's going to be sixty, and then the high sunday is 40. Maybe I'll figure something out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

claricae86

Aug 23, 2006
oklahoma
yay jay go play a round tomarrow you deserve it for the pimp work your doing.
your build thread helped persuade me to go 1jz as well, hopefully i can get my engine up to par with yours.
i cant make fun of the accent being from oklahoma and all so i guess thats it
congrats man

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I've changed my mind on the injectors. Since I have the cams and bigger turbo, I think it will need the larger injectors. I just need to find out what I've did wrong. I'm sure I've missed a wire somewhere. I'll try and fix it sometime this evening. If not maybe I can get RacerXJ to help me. He's coming up Sunday to go racing and I'll see if he can swing by and look at it. Talk to you later............lol

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Jay, dont you have an air/fuel tuning device? or at least a monitor? With an AFPR you could tune the mixture to some extent.

Or are you thinking that its way out of whack because of some fault or failure?

Since Im not familiar with the 1J all I can really offer is that you just go back over your steps to see if there is a fault somewhere in the installation. Perhaps a sensor not plugged in or not getting full contact. Im sure you already figured that out, but Im kinda thinking outloud.

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Jay i forgot if you mentioned it or not. But do you have a wide band O2 Sensor to help you with your tunning Or does the SAFC give you that from the stock O2 Sensor?

Don't flame me people i know the Stock O2 Sensor is not a good tunning tool. Just Curious thats all

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Hey Jay, another thing to check is the timing. You could be a tooth off on the timing belt since the head was off the car. Pull the cam pulley cover off and put the timing light on the pulleys and see it they both line up. Same thing with the timing marks on the crank pulley. First, make sure it's going into check mode. If it doesn't, you might have not grounded the wire at the fuse box that is ground for the check connector. Ground the Te1 pin in the check connector to the intake manifold and it should flash the check engine light. If not, there could be a wire out of place for the check engine wire to the ecu, but you could still ground the wire right at the ecu connector if needed.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I didnt' get to work on it much this afternoon. I was a little flustered (I know that sounds gay) so I decided to pull the turbo off of Vixens car and put my To43 on it. I'm going to the track tomorrow with Racer XJ220 and maybe Static Pat, so I thought I would take her car and see what it does.
Racerxj is coming to my house tomorrow to try and help me out. I will check to make sure I grounded the fuse box, but I'm sure I did. I will also ground the diagnostics and check for codes, and recheck the timing. I thought Ihad the timing perfect, but you never know. I didn't set it with a timing light, but I had both cam marks lined up and the crank on 0 at top dead center. I turned it about four revolutions and they were lined up everytime. That may not be the correct way to set the timing, but I didn't have a timing light. I will get one tomorrow and check it again. Any other suggestions, and thanks alot for your input....................:bowdown:

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
suprahero said:
Yeah cause nobody would ever think that Kentucky had hillbillies................:biglaugh:

I kid, I kid. You know I love you and the other Kentuckians Fuzz, even Kurt........;)

Nobody can call me a hillbilly... I'm a transplant! :bigthumb:

Looking great, Jay! I watched your start up vid, and the first couple of seconds it sounds just like a WWI biplane. Interesting... I never knew they put 1J's in those things. :biglaugh:

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
my car run's pig rich at idle and lean up top with the crower 272's.i have 550 injector's also,which where in there before the cam's.my plan's are to degree the cam's to make sure the valve's open and close at the right time.i've been looking for a set-up that will work good on the jz engine,so mounting the gauge (dial indicator)won't be a problem.
keith

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Well the track is closed today due to cold weather and wind, so Jeff didn't get to come down. Maybe next weekend he'll come down and we'll get some footage at the track. I have a few printouts thanks to some help from Josh. Maybe they'll helm me solve my idling problem. I also found out that I was jumping the wrong two things in the diagnostics. I'll check for codes tomorrow and see if I'm throwing any. Thanks for the help.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Well, I went outside to try and check the codes and now it won't even crank. It just turns over and over and over. I've got a few things I can check with some new wiring pictures, but haven't checked them yet. Hopefully I'll be able to figure something out. Looks like this one may be on it's way to California for a checkup at Dr. Aarons..................:biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
If I end up sending it there then yes you can drive it, just keep Kyle away from it.....................:biglaugh: