The long Awaited SupraHero 1JayZ Build

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
buckshotglass said:
Your car was cool until you gone dun went and took out the good motor and went 1jizzle. Video of new coolness or ban.
You have left me no other choice. Sorry.:nono:

I definately don't won't to be banned, so I will post up the video tomorrow night. It may not be cranked, but it will be a video of it trying to start. It will be legit. If it doesn't crank then you know I wasn't lieing about it being the first try to crank it...............lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
starscream5000 said:
Best of luck Jay ;).

I'm going to need luck and a blessing from the electrical Gods. Have I mentioned lately that I hate electrical projects? If I haven't let me say here now" I hate electrical projects!" There, now I feel better.................lol

JB91389

decisions...decisions...
Jun 22, 2006
Ottawa
Wow Jay! Awsome Work! I cant wait to watch the video...Btw, why is your speedo in KM/H, isn't MP/H standered in America? Just wondering.

Your car looks great!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
If I ever go 1JZ......you're coming down here to help! You have made this look sooooooooo damn easy! Nice work......Hope she fired up today, can't wait for the video!

Oh Yeah............and what 87SS said????

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
First of all, when I ordered my white gauge kit, I ordered the speedometer wrong. Standard was in Kilometeres where I bought it from, and mph was special order. I didn't realize this until I got them and I just left it like it was.

Secondly, I got the car started tonight. I didn't film the very first startup. Well I filmed it, I just didn't upload it. You actually see the car start up the first time, but I wasn't getting fuel to the fpr, so I had to turn the camera off, and then I uploaded the part where I actually get to crank it. It started right up. I now know why I was getting power to my fuel pump and I have that fixed now. I still have to run the battery cables to the back of the car tomorrow and install my bumper and put the insides back together. I also have to hook up the a/c lines, but most of the swap is complete.

Scott, you know I'll help you whenever you need it, but I know you won't ever go 1jz. The 3E5 club will kick you out. I may no longer be a member of the blue man group after this................:biglaugh:

Alright now on to the video. Scott, I tried not to talk too much, so no one could make fun of my accent. The car is running very rich due to the SARD 540 injectors. Thanks, now sit back and enjoy the show.
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/supraheroes/?action=view&current=1jzstartup004.flv

I forgot to mention that I turned it over a few times without the efi before we actually tried to crank it. I know it sounds like shit, but maybe with some exhaust on it will sound better.............lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I have another video I took after I fixed the fuel pump problem, thanks to a call to Aaron, and a few I made to Josh and Jeff yesterday...............:bowdown:

This video is very dark. The only reason I took it is because I thought you'd get to see some cool flames, but we didnt' rev it up enough. It really starts to idle better towards the end. I'm thinking that I might have had a little water in the lines since it's been sitting for three months. Hopefully by this time tomorrow, it will be running a little better and this weekend I'l be able to get some exhaust on it. The video will be loaded up in about fifteen minutes........lol

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Wow, you have made some real nice progress. It obviously needs tuning and an exhaust, but you got it started that means you must have done at least a few things right...lol

I suspect you and I will be pretty close in HP. Might be fun to run em and see :naughty: .

The 3E5's would never ostracize a fellow member just for going 1JZ. It would take alot more than that to turn our backs on someone represent'n.

Following your build is making me real itchy to get started on mine. Turbo is on its way, and next week I'm ordering my AFPR, Wideband, HG, and a few other little goodies. If I dont end up pretty close in HP to you, Lucy is gonna have some 'splainin to doooooo!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Yes I have a 1' long downpipe on it and I have my wastegate on it, but that is all. Weezl, I'll be looking forward to your build.

Kyle, as you get older, you won't get as excited so fast.............:naughty:

Thanks for the congrats Joe.

Here's the other link, but it's really the same as the first time, but real dark.......lol
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/supraheroes/?action=view&current=1jzstartup005.flv

It could be sounding a little bit like that because of the cams as well as running rich. I will do a check of the codes tomorrow and see how many problems I have..............lol