T61 Bolt on Turbo by Cx Racing

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
I'd love to make one for my car too but i'm little worried about the boys in blue somehow finding it on one of there usual anti hooning campaigns and turning it against me..They take all the fun out of life. lol

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
thevork;1485827 said:
Why? there's nobody that can prove that YOU were driving the car. Also, was that even your car? ;)
Great vid btw. Love to see what it does @ full boost

What he said. Can't prove you were driving, its just a video of your car in an undisclosed place, which for all they know could be in "mexico" :icon_bigg

BTW, looking forward to the finished product paradox. Keep us updated with lots of pics/vids as always!

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
I've done a new video of a run through the black spur (narrow windy road with a stupid speed limit but a awesome drive) without going over the limit :p

it was a 40deg C day but given I've got a front mount and running low boost ambient temperature doesn't seem to make a big difference after all its in the middle of summer here :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o8v1xr8lKc

Last edited:

Bri7man

"Yeah! Take the lemons.."
Jul 17, 2009
Torrance, CA
paradox616;1487695 said:
I've done a new video of a run through the black spur (narrow windy road with a stupid speed limit but a awesome drive) without going over the limit :p

it was a 40deg C day but given I've got a front mount and running low boost ambient temperature doesn't seem to make a big difference after all its in the middle of summer here :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o8v1xr8lKc

You should make a vid running thru the gears on a long straight road

Bri7man

"Yeah! Take the lemons.."
Jul 17, 2009
Torrance, CA
paradox616;1487748 said:
i did.... but i cant show it on here :p

when its tuned ill take it to the 1/4 strip and get some in car footage for you.

Oh how come you could show the one above but not the other one? What terms were the issue?

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Because he would have been exceeding 110 kph which is the maximum speed limit in Australia except for maybe a few spots. Not much point showing a vid that only lets you reach the top of second.:naughty:, need to find a track or a private road.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
paradox616;1487748 said:
i did.... but i cant show it on here :p

when its tuned ill take it to the 1/4 strip and get some in car footage for you.

have a buddy do out of car too so we can really hear what the turbo sounds like :naughty:

mx83gte

Sep 27, 2009
chicago illinois
img236.jpg

img237.jpg

img240.jpg

img252.jpgwow this turned into a long topic, ill be installing my t61 soon, doing 2 projects, an 88 targa turbo and a 89 cressida sleeper , should have line material this week, decided to make my own, alot nicer custom. my set up includes the t61 with the full through racing elbow and 3" downpipe from cx . will let ya know, thank you for all the input

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
So has anyone gotten one of these checked out yet? Paradox looks like the only one with real good feedback as to the operation.

I am debating between this, the SupraSport Boss Jr. (57 trim-not sure if it is worth the extra coin) and the Driftmotion upgraded 57 trim...

Hum, what to do... Just got the tax refund and would really like to replace my CT-26 with blown seals...

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
teedoff00;1505176 said:
So has anyone gotten one of these checked out yet? Paradox looks like the only one with real good feedback as to the operation.

I am debating between this, the SupraSport Boss Jr. (57 trim-not sure if it is worth the extra coin) and the Driftmotion upgraded 57 trim...

Hum, what to do... Just got the tax refund and would really like to replace my CT-26 with blown seals...

I'd get a master power and a t4 manifold before I spent that much money on a lipp turbo...but that's me:-/

Mastapip

Apr 20, 2009
Ft. Worth Tx
gaboonviper85;1505184 said:
I'd get a master power and a t4 manifold before I spent that much money on a lipp turbo...but that's me:-/

+1

Lots of people have been starting threads about suprasport dropping the ball lately, so I don't think I'd go with one of theirs either.