T61 Bolt on Turbo by Cx Racing

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
IJ.;1468008 said:
An EBC will help the spool situation with an IG Turbo as well guys.

indeed it does

someone T-boned my daily driver so im driving my supra to work for a bit till i can find a new car, running 5-6psi which suits me for the moment, no signs of the turbo going bad as of yet i've put over 1000km on it since installation. i don't expect much to happen till after Christmas

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
IJ.;1468008 said:
An EBC will help the spool situation with an IG Turbo as well guys.

x2. I took off my MBC (not sure if its gonna help as much) but it takes a lot longer to fully spool my ct-26. Ill get 10lbs low, but now it just keeps creeping up towards 14-15lbs without the MBC on. Its all good though cause my MBC leaked a ton of air (Not sure if it was a bleeder style) but it was just giving me problems.

Justin727

T-virus infected
speedgilligan;1473281 said:
Except it does cause its made by the same company....

That maybe so but agian that turbo has nothing to do with this thread hence the title. The company has already been looked upon in this thread and so far no complaints. As far as your link in this thread it is totally off topic to the discussion of the bolt on turbo everyone has been talking about in this thread specificly. Not trying to come off as an a$$ in anyway please dont take it that way. Just hoping the thread will stay and topic.

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
carter;1474037 said:
:3d_frown:
Anything new with the turbo?

i've put 1500km on it so far, but i'm running 5psi until i fit my new engine management, seems very happy doing what its doing, i cranked the gain all the way up and it spools nicely now any higher than 5psi on a cold night will trigger fuel cut. however on a warm day i can run 7psi. must be something to do with the density of the air.

So the bottom line, if you run this on a stock ecu/afm @psi you will hit fuel cut.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
paradox616;1474538 said:
i've put 1500km on it so far, but i'm running 5psi until i fit my new engine management, seems very happy doing what its doing, i cranked the gain all the way up and it spools nicely now any higher than 5psi on a cold night will trigger fuel cut. however on a warm day i can run 7psi. must be something to do with the density of the air.

So the bottom line, if you run this on a stock ecu/afm @psi you will hit fuel cut.

Makes sense you're flowing more volume with cold dense air.

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
bountykilla0118;1476069 said:
When are you looking to do the engine management? How does it pull compared to the ct26 at 5-7psi?

when i can get some cash together to get a new daily.

the ct spools much earlier so the ct feels much quicker in 1st and under 3500rpm in other gears, its slowish from 0-50km/h but quick from 50-100km/h onwards (peak power feels round 5800rpm @ 6psi in 2nd/3rd)

once this turbo gets to full boost it pulls quite hard (and so it should being much larger) i've got a front mount and i'm running 100ron

all in all i think its best to wait till i can get it tuned on the dyno and ramped up to 18psi where its efficient then compare the actual dyno graph rather than my personal experience as i haven't tested other turbo's of similar size except a 57trim,

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
87witmoreboost;1478216 said:
Noooo, you're flowing more MASS.

Can you shed a little light of understanding so I can see what the difference is please .....

***Correction after a quick search I found the answer

Volume is one of the parameters for density, the other being mass. Volume measures how much space a substance occupies. Mass measures the amount of matter in the substance. Density then shows the amount of matter in a given space for a substance.

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
IJ.;1476906 said:
Best pump fuel available here is your 93.

never seen 93 before, we only have 91,95 (lead replacement), 98 and 100 (with ethanol) and there is some E85 sold

i went up to my parents house in the bush through some mountains and windy roads with generous speed limits , at the end of a 5 minute drive up a steep hill on boost i pulled over and the turbo was glowing and i'm not even running high boost. on my car it seems to be pretty useless under 50km/h but goes well in the higher rpm range