T61 Bolt on Turbo by Cx Racing

radicalskater

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
portland tennessee
Steve_N;1370402 said:
Anyone running this turbo or know anyone that is? I checked the feed back & they SOLD 7 this month with + feedback left. I emailed 5 of them for there impressions of the turbo. Looks kinda like the SP61 bolt on but a bit smaller. Here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=190323038736

From the feedback left so far I'm leaning on ordering it but want to see what you folks here thought.

Thanks
i have one in my supra far as i can tell it works fine be advised it is an oil only cooled turbo you will have to cap the water line also the flange for the oil will not work i had to manufacture my own hope this helps

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
radicalskater;1451524 said:
i have one in my supra far as i can tell it works fine be advised it is an oil only cooled turbo you will have to cap the water line also the flange for the oil will not work i had to manufacture my own hope this helps

:nono: How many times must we go through this in this thread alone?

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
IwantMKIII;1454289 said:
any updates from owners/users?

im fitting mine this weekend, i took down everything i had to the hose shop and hopefully they'll hand me back a set of exactly length oil lines.

should have it operational soon, ill be running it on the stock actuator boost(8psi) for the time being. (DDP as well)

ill have it dyno'd like this as well, progress takes time =/

Last edited:

stay.tuned

Mar 31, 2009
san diego
I haven't dynoed it yet but once my new clutch breaks in I will do it. Mines was installed by 935 But car giving me problems turbo did great at the track untuned. I'm in the process of street tuning it now to see how close I can get it to the dyno tuned numbers will update later so stay tuned...

radicalskater

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
portland tennessee
IwantMKIII;1370792 said:
^according to the page its electronically assembled so i would GUESS a computer does any balancing before its assembled.

EDIT: I misread. It says it IS computer balanced.
i havn't had this turbo very long about 4-6 months can't remember but so far no real problems from it seems to boost fine as far as longevity won't know for a while.

chan-mk3

Nov 18, 2009
hanford
i was planning on buyin one also but i wanted to hear about it first..i tried looking on youtube but couldnt find any videos wit mk3s running this turbo...:1zhelp::cry:

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
just read the whole thing, and would like to see some dynos, or vids, seems like you guys are liking the turbos and seeing there is a good feed back soo far, since i need to get a new turbo since my turbo leaks oil as the seal is no good.

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
mines fitted, few things to note, its longer than the ct26 so i had to redo some hoses to the accordion hose, but everything else is a nice fit and id say yes its easy to fit,

started it up and the top oil fitting (crimped) leaked, so its not operational atm, on monday ill be taking the hose back and making them do a new feed, ill let you know as soon as its operational (hopefully monday/tuesday) , ill get some video's (in car) wont be great but meh, dyno & tune soon enough, i think ill get a dyno @ 8psi on the TCCS just for a comparison

UPDATE: Should be going tomorrow

here is some pics, note the water bypass for the original turbo coolant lines
p1459861_1.jpg

p1459861_2.jpg

p1459861_3.jpg

p1459861_4.jpg

Last edited:

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
I don't know compressor maps for that wheel but id bet a turbo like that won't put out good numbers until higher boost. Id get a comfortable street tune and short break in and up the boost to at least 12+ range.

edit: what mods are you running? Is that stock AFM?!

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
IwantMKIII;1460659 said:
I don't know compressor maps for that wheel but id bet a turbo like that won't put out good numbers until higher boost. Id get a comfortable street tune and short break in and up the boost to at least 12+ range.

edit: what mods are you running? Is that stock AFM?!

yes, afm will be going away soon, ive got a haltech e6x (internal 2.5bar map)
i'm NOT passing 8psi as is.

Mods: Gizzmo Electronic boost controller, 3" exhaust from turbo back, single straight through muffler, divorced down pipe, 600x300x100 Front mount intercooler, %100 rebuilt motor with 3 angle valve grind and brian crower springs, 74thou cometic MLS headgasket with arp's torqued @ 80ft/lb few bits and peices here and there but thats the main things.

got them to fix the oil line, and its running now, i'm sure the efficiency range is well over 12psi.

ill be fitting my ecu soon and getting it dyno tuned VERY soon! i've got a lexus AFM but im not fitting it as i want bigger injectors than 550cc's

my actuator only hits 4psi, perhaps the linkage is not right? with the controller it hits 6psi (depending on gain)

pulls pretty hard, no dodgy noises when spooling etc.... yet.

Last edited:

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Looks pretty good in there... I see ya had to slightly mod the heat shield lol. I can't wait till income tax time!

Nice sheepdog prof, I got one too, is yours really quiet? sorry little off topic but i guess i'll wait for videos