Supra90turbo's build thread

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Yep, if I had the chance to buy yours for that price, I would have done it in a heartbeat.
Oh well, it's in the plan, so thats what I'm gonna do.
Tax return should be here in about a week, so here comes some suspension goodies :D A-1 control arms and swaybars I predict will be among the purchased.

Get me a $200 ATL cell!

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Checked out the build thread mkiii-driftking, looking good!

Oh, and I picked up my fuel cell yesterday! ATL SP115 15gal Sports Cell. It's hawt. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so picky, but I wanted an ATL cell, so $500 later, I have this red powdercoated box in my garage.. lol
Pics will be posted tonight, I also cut out the entire rear floor!
I can't believe how light all of that sheetmetal is. The entire rear sheetmetal between the frame rails, undercoated, and with spare tire well can't weigh more than 5lbs..
I will need to do a few small repairs here and there due to a wandering sawzall blade :( grrrrrr
But it's nothing a little 110 mig can't fix.

I think it's sad that all last night after I cut the floor out, I actually had this terrible feeling in my stomach like "how could I cut up my supra.. there's no going back now."
I actually had to convince myself that it would be better than ever when I'm done. I guess I forget how attached I am to this car... i <3 my supra :D

more on this later, with pics.
also, much more when I get my tax return back!

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
supra90turbo said:
I think it's sad that all last night after I cut the floor out, I actually had this terrible feeling in my stomach like "how could I cut up my supra.. there's no going back now."

I thought the same thing two weeks ago. You just totally fucked that car up.;)
It will be fine... I guess.:nono:
Where do you get new parts on a Sunday?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
ugh, don't talk like that... haha seriously my stomach is all over the place because of it.

The cell was a private sale. Took a drive out to Connecticut, guy bought the cell to use in his circle track car, and the track changed the rules after the fact, so he was stuck with a brand new cell that had only been hung in place.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
supra90turbo said:

LOL! I said the exact same thing when i did this...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

:D

Was there ever any powdercoat pics BTW????

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
OMG I think I would have had to take a day off of work if I ever did that Bryan.... :puke:

There were no PC pics as of yet.... There will be some soon, however! Tax return, ohhhh yeahhhh!

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
LMAO you got me there Dave.
I've been to my garage sporadically lately, and never grab the camera from my house.
I've got to make the hole look pretty before I take any pictures though... It'd be too embarassing to show pictures now... stupid wandering sawzall blade.. lol

I'm going to snap some pictures this week sometime. I've also been practicing welding so I can make my own cell hanger. I want very minimal contact with other people with this car. Except paint... I'll let someone do bodywork. I hate bodywork... :ugh:

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
p519756_1.jpg

How did you get those round things out? Is that what BIC is making right now for the group buy? Did you get new ones yet? How much? Is your car done?:biglaugh:

Nice title change of the thread too. (supra90turbo's gradual and boring build: 56k, you shall die. sorry) lol. Hi Loki.:wavey:

Last edited:

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
^^^ They have a small bracket (hook) underkneeth, remove it by taking off the 12mm bolt, then find a round object that's about the same size the mount are and hammer them out.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Yeah I made some progress this weekend. Left the camera at the garage, so I have not uploaded them yet. I know I know... No pics, No care. ;)

Those round mounts are NOT what BIC is making. He is making the small discs at the top that go between the subframe and the body. I would really like a set of actual solid mounts to go inside the subframe, but I guess I'll use mine with BIC's spacers.
However, to remove mine, I did just remove that bolt, and like everything else on my car, they came out quite nicely. I just smacked them with a hammer 3 or 4 times each and they popped out.

Still waiting on my Federal Tax Return, then I'll be spending some money :)

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I think I'm just gonna clean up the old bushings and put them in. I hate to, but I don't have much choice. They're still good, and it wouldn't make much sense to buy new ones just to have.
According to the online EPC:
52271-14020
List price $61.05/ea
Champion Toyota $45.79/ea

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
update!
even with pics! although, I believe my camera is on it's death bed, so bear with the old camera-phone quality of them....

rear floor is cut out:

My fuel cell :love:

beginning of prep for stitch-welding:

more to come soon!

Carrot Top

Jul 29, 2006
Hollywood
ATL reminds me of some crunk rap song from the south. Everytime I drive behind you when it's done I'm gonna be thinking of Lil' Jon or Ludacris.

I got my twin GT40's....clocked back
Me and my chromies......bling bling yall

Carrot Top over and out.