Supra90turbo's build thread

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
supra90turbo said:
Yeah I'm just gonna finish up the arms myself.... do a little finish grinding and have them sandblasted/powdercoated.

What color do you guys think I should powdercoat my suspension parts?

I was leaning towards a gunmetal/charcoal metallic color that the powdercoater has.
If not that, then just a simple dark gray. Nothing that would draw attention to, but something that you would notice if you were looking.

BTW: Brewster... you still want my spare tire well?
You should paint it a bright, bright, bright pink.:bigthumb:

What else did you order with your tax return?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
buckshotglass said:
I just thought the u shaped part could be of a thicker piece of steel. Otherwise mine look pretty good.
Take yours all apart, it is free.;)

Yeah that too. I was hoping the u-shaped area would have been of thicker steel, also the swaybar endlink tabs as well....
Really, the u-shape doesn't impress me. It should have been a well-braced |_| type shape.

Kyle: That's basically it other than using it to pay for sandblasting/powdercoating. I could have bought coilovers, but that's all I could have gotten, and it wouldn't have gotten me where I wanted to be right now.
Next up after powdercoat is poly bushings, and swaybars, as well as a reman steering rack.
Then I can start putting stuff together! ::gasp::

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
buckshotglass said:
Ouch. I'm reusing for now. I bet Driftking gets new ones just to show us how it's really done.:nono:

Oh, I'm sorry I missed this message LOL. Yeah, I'll get new ones just to show you guys :biglaugh:

J/K - I'm having the same dilemma - I don't like to waste money. If something needs to be replaced either because is not good or I don't like it fine, BUT, I mean, I will never again see these damn things. I can just clean them, sand blast the metal washers, paint the washers and put 'em back in?????

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
supra90turbo said:
Yeah I'm just gonna finish up the arms myself.... do a little finish grinding and have them sandblasted/powdercoated.

What color do you guys think I should powdercoat my suspension parts?

I was leaning towards a gunmetal/charcoal metallic color that the powdercoater has.
If not that, then just a simple dark gray. Nothing that would draw attention to, but something that you would notice if you were looking.

BTW: Brewster... you still want my spare tire well?

yeah man. lemme know how much you want + shipping to 25314 and i'll send you a paypal.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
alright. i'll keep in touch brewster. i saved it from a dump run the other day! my bro had it in the back of my dad's truck with a bunch of other trash... i saved it from certain doom! ;)

driftking: I was joking. I have a whole drawer full of Toyota bolts. I'm sick.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
IDK. I haven't gotten to that point yet... lol
If you don't have PPS, you can get one from Toyota still... under $200
I'll probably post up a question in General about where to buy a PPS rack when the time comes.

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
supra90turbo said:
IDK. I haven't gotten to that point yet... lol
If you don't have PPS, you can get one from Toyota still... under $200
I'll probably post up a question in General about where to buy a PPS rack when the time comes.

www.discountsteering.com

bought one from them and it came a couple days ago. still gotta send my core in.

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
supra90turbo said:
ah, cool. Thanks man!
I'll pick one up soon. Who is it made by?

k so i'm trying to put the outer tie rod ends on, but the threads on the inner tie rod ends are all butchered. looks like they are the original inners and were just spray painted over.

i guess i'm going to go find a file and try to file the threads straight...

nothing on this car is easy.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Swaq: Heading to the garage tonight to get the subframe un-fucked. I'll try to take a bunch of pics. I know the camera isn't there, but my brother will be, and he's got a 3.2mp camera phone or something crazy like that. Either way, I'll have some updates tonight :)

Brew: Damn! that's no good