Supra90turbo's build thread

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Updates are few and far between... Hopefully I'll get in the garage soon and get going. My goal is to have it painted and rolling by spring. Summer would be good too though.

I am indeed, out of control.
Both subframes will be powdercoated, as well as the front lower control arms, and front/rear knuckles(spindle/upright/what have you). I have all new mounting hardware from Toyota for the front and rear subframes.
Overkill? In this case.... absolutely. But only because there was no rust under there, and the bolts still had the green coating on them. I even ordered them after I had the bolts out just for the sheer fact that I wanted new bolts, so it was a conscious effort.
I've got all new camber adjusting bolts, cams, washers, and nuts. I'm still in need of ordering the A-1 control arms, and I need to find out if I want to powdercoat those as well, since they started making the front rod black, I figure that I may as well get them all done to match.
I need to rebuild my diff, and get the cases powdercoated as well, or coated in thermal dispersant. I also need to drill and tap the housings for a diff cooler before I put it in the car.

That takes care of the rear. See why it's taking so long? lol
I still need to order swaybars and links to complete it as well as coilovers, but I'm still deciding on those. I wanted Kei Office, but they stopped making them, so I think I'm buying SilkRoad coilovers.

I am in need of a front 89+ subframe with no rust. The closer to MA the better, but it all depends, I'd be more willing to pay for shipping from far away the cheaper I can get it..

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Loki you have a build thread?

BTW Loki we are no longer supra twins.....EdgeSupra just picked it up about an hour ago. I feel like someone just kicked me in the nuts...that how bad it hurts to not have a supra.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
actually, yes. I wiped all the dust off the car, cleaned around it, and cleaned up the engine bay in preparation for paint in the not so distant future.
I also temp-installed my KevinM rear sunshade :bigthumb:
a quality piece indeed, and i couldn't pass it up this time considering there might not be a next time.

I'll take some pictures soon. I've been meaning to anyhow.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
HellsLegion said:
Funny how I go back and look at this thread. It was my first build thread I ever read.

Props!

Also the most boring:biglaugh:

Hey you're doing better than me Kurt, I've been saying "I'll get that engine hoist on my day off" for the past month now.

1fstmk3

Feb 18, 2006
Annandale, VA
i'm in the beginning stages of rebuilding my 86.5 but there are a hell of a lot of oem toyota parts i need, do you have a specific place you go to for all your oem parts? If anyone else has any reccomendations that'd be cool too.