Supra90turbo's build thread

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
you and that damn smiley, loki...
someday it will be. i'm in no hurry though. if i rushed, it wouldn't be done as i'd like. I've already changed my plans a few times for the better, things that i would have done, and regretted, so i'm happy about the (lack of) progress.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Looking good dude. I was with everyone on page 14 and wanted powdercoat pics, and here we are on page 29 hehee. I Just read all 29 pages btw, it was fun. Good luck,
eric

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Only on page 6 here ;)

Yeah, I've got a bunch of stuff at the sandblaster, then I've got to send another batch of things to him, then it all goes to the powdercoater. I'm just stuck at this point with powdercoat since the "strengthening" done to my rear subframe is actually really shitty work and now the swaybar won't clear even though I made it known to them that it went there... oh how I love wasting money.
PC pics to follow... eventually.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
That is pretty crappy news about the swaybar not even fitting now. The strengthening looked really good. Are you going to remove the added bars and just have him put metal plate on instead? The bars gave it a wicked beefy appearance ;)
eric

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Yeah I know. I was toying with the idea of spacing out the swaybar, but I'm still going to re-do the thing myself, as the bars aren't even square, he just threw them on, and I'm very unhappy with the quality overall...
Needless to say that's the last thing he's done, and will ever do for me...
If you want something done right, you just have to do it yourself.

:::::UPDATE:::::
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zomg!

A-1 rear control arms have arrived!
Picky me has found some things I don't like about them, especially for the price... but oh well.
semi-crappy cell phone pic:
p542764_1.jpg

:D

also, my cousin is my new hero. He's working at this factory, just clearing out the place and throwing away everything, but he can keep anything that he wants.
So far, I've gotten a 4'x4' flat aluminum cart on 10" HD casters that sits about a foot high so I can put my chassis on it and get it painted!
I've also gotten a brand new parts washer that has never been used, all I need to do is buy a pump and some lines and it's good to go, I got a sandblast cabinet, and a sweet galvanized paint hood that stands about 5' tall, it's about 5' wide and 2' deep. It's ventilated on 3 sides, and all i need to do is buy a vent fan and ducting for it.
I'm psyched! I love free shit. especially shop stuff that I was going to buy! :bigthumb:

Last edited:

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
I'm jealous, I want those tractions arms.

What were the picky parts that aren't 100% Kurt approved?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
MassSupra89 said:
I'm jealous, I want those tractions arms.

What were the picky parts that aren't 100% Kurt approved?

You're free to come look at them, Jason. But NO TOUCH! ;)

the non-kurt approved items are as follows:
There are steel sleeves that you can see on the bottom of the black arms. They are extremely rough cut, as if done with a cut-off wheel on a die grinder, and are uneven. Sharp edges and rough cuts make me sad when I paid nearly $125 per arm.
Each pair was shrink-wrapped together, and then simply tossed in a box with some crinkled up newspaper as padding.
Since they weren't individually wrapped and placed in a box with care as to not contact one another, the paint has rubbed off of a couple places on each arm. Not the biggest deal, but again.. for the money that I spent.......

So, that just means that I'll either have to
A: Live with it, or
B: Disassemble them and get them powdercoated with my subframe.

Probably B.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Hahah so picky. But yea I'd be alittle dissapointed as well.
I was planning on getting the same things when my car goes back together.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Yeah like I said, you can come take a look at them if you'd like. They're freakin heavy duty, so aside from the pretty part, I know they'll work awesome.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Haha I can deal with the not perfectly pretty part, I mean I'm not gonna be sleeping under my car, so It won't haunt me too bad.

I gotta come up sometime this summer and check out everything(or what you're willing to unveil) lol

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Everything's on display so to speak... I'm not the kind of guy to be like "oh no, that's secret."
I hate that.
There's a kid around here with an SRT4 who won't tell us his plans for summer....
"What turbo are you planning on running?"
"secret. you'll see come summer."
"yeah, because my Legacy is huge competition for you... just tell me"
"nope. you'll see soon enough."

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
i have those rear camber arms, not installed yet either..

mine too had a couple scratches in the paint and rough edges around the bushing. it kinda disappointed me at first too, oh well, fuck it. it'll work just the same.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Yeah I'm just gonna finish up the arms myself.... do a little finish grinding and have them sandblasted/powdercoated.

What color do you guys think I should powdercoat my suspension parts?

I was leaning towards a gunmetal/charcoal metallic color that the powdercoater has.
If not that, then just a simple dark gray. Nothing that would draw attention to, but something that you would notice if you were looking.

BTW: Brewster... you still want my spare tire well?