Supra90turbo's build thread

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Thanks guys for the words of encouragement?

pics in 3 weeks. still resting from removing the camera from the glovebox of my brothers car.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
so, to actually answer some questions:

1fstmk3 said:
i'm in the beginning stages of rebuilding my 86.5 but there are a hell of a lot of oem toyota parts i need, do you have a specific place you go to for all your oem parts?
buckshotglass said:
^^Most excellent question...do tell, Mr. Awesomeness... where do you get cheap dealer parts?
I actually have a wholesale cash account at the local Toyota dealer.
I either look up my parts on the cygnus website and call them in, or I'll go down there if I'm in the area, or have nothing better to do and I look them up myself on their computers.
The relationship I have with my Toyota dealer is much like the one you would have with an old job that you left on good terms. You still visit, and have that certain amount of freedom... its kinda funny when technicians are in the parts room when i get there. the parts guy is just like "hey kurt" and i'm like "hey" and sit down at a computer and start looking stuff up.
every time, that tech will go "who is he?" and the parts guy will say "a good customer."

lol

anyway, bump for progress.
snapped a couple pics of the shell, but not much has changed save for the KevinM sunshade.

but then, I started disassembling my R154
sorry the pics are a little dark at times, the flash was going off, i dont know what the deal is...

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
Now you took the trans apart? :nono: Geeze man, when are you going to start putting stuff back together?
You may have pressured me into dropping my rear subframe, but that's it. No trans work for me, until it breaks. :naughty:
Looks good Kurt, thanks for the pics.
When did you say the start up video would be ready?:cry:

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Taking stuff apart is free. ;)
I'm going to get the cases bead blasted and then I'm simply putting it back together with all new seals and replace the bearings I can get to, new snap rings, a marlin crawler front bearing retainer and then it's going back together, and possibly even going behind a 4G63 and into my buddy's 90 Mitsu MightyMax :D

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Nothing wrong with a 4G63. Also nothing wrong with a 350whp 90 mighty max on DRs ;)

::status::
waiting on reply from sandblaster.. he's a one man operation, so he takes forever to get in the office and check his messages.

question:
I'm going to be plumbing a cooler into this transmission, as I decided it's going in the Supra.
Should I split the return line after the cooler into 3 or 4 smaller lines that shoot straight down from the top, or should I just drill and tap one return on the side of the case?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Well I'm wondering if it's better to shower the return over the top of the gears, or if they would actually be better off picking it up from the bottom themselves and whipping it around since that is the intent of their original design.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
I'm still trying to get over the fact that there is actually something happening with your build Kurt....

p504755_1.gif

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Nope, i'm looking at an ATL sp115. It's a 15gal cell, and the cheapest I've found is $535+ship.
I wish I could get one for $200 like you... ;)