Sethron71's 92' 500RWHP Build, lots of pics!

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Great news from the engine shop, STD everything, only .002" wear in the cylinders and virtually no wear in the crank! So just ordered pistons, and bearings!

Also got my Divorced DP the other day, looks like good quality but we will see! I will only be running the CT for break in a some fun this summer before I go to the GT35R!

Also got my header flange so I can start collecting to build my first tubular header!

Thanks,
Seth

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
The car is looking beautiful! It is most definitely an inspiration to my own efforts, once I get mine this week that is. :biggrinbo I will be keeping an eye on this!

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
could you shoot me some pics and price of what it would cost for that modified OEM manifold. I was thinking of doing it myself... buttttt maybe i'll leave it to someone else.

nice build though. sounds like a fun one!

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Got pistons and bearings (NPR Pistons and Rings, King Bearings):
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Teflon Coated:
p1020595_1.jpg

Not sure what this cage is inside the piston but I know my stock pistons did not have them:
p1020595_2.jpg

IJ any idea what that is, just re-enforcement so the pistons don't do what my #6 did?

Thanks,
Seth

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Little update....

Well Machine shop is behind but I am having to deck the block but also who ever machined the head last did it on an angle and it is .010" out end to end. I ordered an HKS 2.0MM head gasket yesterday and spark plugs which should all be here tuesday!

Also got my One-piece steal driveshaft, Lex AFM, and MAFT PRO!!! today.

You are probably wondering why I got a Pro and Lex but I am going to get the car up and running good on the Lex, S-AFC II setup and then go to the Pro down the road maybe end of Summer.

Pics will come tomorrow or Sunday but I am actually going to work on my own stuff this weekend!!

Watch for pics!

Seth

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Alright got the motor back.....now time to build!

Here are pics of the block I painted this week....
sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1031152_1.jpg

Not Realy sure about the god but we will see how it turns out!

Will definetly have more pics after porting the head and getting to motor together. Going to take full advantage of the long weekend to build away!

Thanks for looking,
Seth

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Haha yea that was the main goal. Did my last one in Silver for the same reason. But I have always like the black and gold scheme like the Top Secret stuff so I will see how it turns out!

Thanks,
Seth

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well its not like you can really see the block too much after everything is back on it anyway. I too have always liked the Blk/gld combo. In 83 I had a 78 T/A 6.6 black with the big gold bird on the hood. I loved that car!

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
All the misc brackets and the wrap around coolant lines, valve covers and a few other things. Then was actually thinking about doing the cam cover and a spark plug galley cover in gold but not sure it if is too much! Turbo will be brushed/matte sanded finish as well as FFIM and IC piping. Not like I can't change it later if I want but would like to get it looking nice the first time!

Thanks,
Seth

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
K pretty much built the bottom end today!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1032112_1.jpg

p1032112_2.jpg

p1032112_3.jpg

p1032112_4.jpg

p1032112_5.jpg

And the oil pan painted still need another clear but will be ready to go on tomorrow!
p1032112_6.jpg

Going to go back and finish up the head tonight, fully disassembled right now although the valves have been set already. Just have to put it all back together and on the block!

Tomorrow will be a big day of cutting the front bumper for IC and mounting all my stuff. Still have to get gauges ordered as well!

Thanks for looking,
Seth

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Thanks a lot j3pz!

Today was good! Head on, oil pan on, cams in, and lots of painted goodies!
Also got the trans cleaned up but not sure if I want to paint it or not. Saw the guys the other day which I made it look brand new. I was already planning on doing that before but not sure if it is worth my time....lol

K more pictures:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1034050_1.jpg

p1034050_2.jpg

And tossed a FFIM I had at the shop on it. Not sure what FFIM I want to build for it yet so I will have to see!:
p1034050_3.jpg

Long list of stuff still to do:
Finish up motor
Finish up painting all brackets
Take parts to be powder coated
Finish cleaning engine bay and a little moving around
Install motor and trans
Install Fuel Pump
Install AFPR and make custom lines
Install S-AFC and Gauges(when they arrive, ordered Prosport premium oil and fuel pressure, still need to order AEM Boost gauge/control this week)
Order Gauge Pod
Cut Front bumper for Front mount and build brackets and install it
Make FFIM
Make IC pipes
Make Exhaust
Fix some wiring and wire in injector clips(might just order a new harness!)
Build Catch can

All that and break in the car before the June 14th Richmond meet!! Mind blowing!

Thanks for looking,
Seth