Sethron71's 92' 500RWHP Build, lots of pics!

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Ok here is a quick start up video! After the AFPR BS I had to change the oil, oil filter, and put in the new AFPR. Car started right back up and idles great. Has a bit of a hesitation, well when I hold it at 10% throttle it revs and then cuts almost like fuel cut. Might be TPS position? S-AFC shows it stop right at zero when closed but it might be off a bit. But heres the vid, tomorrow I will button things up and go for a drive.

Seth

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Seth, your engine bay looks AWESOME!! You just need a T4 Manifold and a new turbo that will be the same height as your FFIM. But that is JMO. You have done a great job. It does kinda sound like you have an exhaust leak but I guess that is from the DDP. But over all that is a nice looking car man! I talked with you about getting a FFIM made and the way you have it set up is exactly how I would like mine! Bravo man. I'm buying a new car for the wife in July so in August I'll need one of those FFIM's.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
frontierguy25;1063855 said:
Seth, your engine bay looks AWESOME!! You just need a T4 Manifold and a new turbo that will be the same height as your FFIM. But that is JMO. You have done a great job. It does kinda sound like you have an exhaust leak but I guess that is from the DDP. But over all that is a nice looking car man! I talked with you about getting a FFIM made and the way you have it set up is exactly how I would like mine! Bravo man. I'm buying a new car for the wife in July so in August I'll need one of those FFIM's.

Thanks a lot man I appreciate the kind words! It has been a lot of hard work, now looking o enjoy the car! I totally agree with the equal height side to side. If you see the pics of my other engine on the first page you will see this as well! It does sound like a leak because of the DDP so I will see how it sounds while running, driving, and boosting and if I don't like it all it takes is a simple 45 degree bend to recirc!

Just let me know when you are interested, I have been pretty backed up since I started building this but not too bad. But the orders are coming in so just give me some lead time!

Thanks for looking,
Seth

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
cruisnhard;1064272 said:
I love your welding on your intake. Is that aluminum or sheetmetal?

Hey Paul,
Thank you! All my manifolds are aluminum!

Well more progress today! Put 52 miles on it! Cost me $71 to fill up:3d_frown: But haven't opened it past 15% throttle but let it rev as high as 4000 rpm but no boost. Everything seems to be working good, just a few things to button up:
APFR Remounted
PS Reservoir mounts
Bleed PS system
Fix coolant temp sensor
Fix Dash lighting(no workie)
Program Tru Boost
Check fluid levels again
Install Walbro 255

But all in all it is running very good. Idles at about 750 rpm very smoothly +/-10rpm is all! Also hesitation problem was TPS, Thank you Scott! Car have very good A/F's at cruise. Also I may pull the motor mounts, machine them a bit and put some urethane bushing in. It doesn't vibrate too bad but I will see once I pull hard! So tempting to boost but only 449 miles to go!

Thanks to all who helped and commented on my work!
Seth

P.S. I will put up more pictures once all the above is buttoned up!

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Seth, are you not using the AC fans? This is how I would like to route my IC piping the only thing is that I live in TX and usually if my car is on so is my AC. I also have a Koyo Race radiator, so I would pretty much have to get rid of mine to get the piping in there. It does look like yours would fit though.

Another thing, you know that thread that talks about having vac off the TB as part of the PCV, have you thought about adding a port to the back of the manifold for this? I haven't really seen any one address this with a FFIM yet.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
frontierguy25;1064844 said:
Seth, are you not using the AC fans? This is how I would like to route my IC piping the only thing is that I live in TX and usually if my car is on so is my AC. I also have a Koyo Race radiator, so I would pretty much have to get rid of mine to get the piping in there. It does look like yours would fit though.

Another thing, you know that thread that talks about having vac off the TB as part of the PCV, have you thought about adding a port to the back of the manifold for this? I haven't really seen any one address this with a FFIM yet.

Yea I had to delete the Ax fans. I will be getting a set of twin electrics. So far no temp problem and it was almost 100 degrees yesterday and I was only driving in town, stop and go. If I totally got rid of the stock fan shroud I could fit 3" pipes down there but 2.5" is good enough for my setup.

As for PCV I am not sure exactly how the stock TB does it but I do know that it probably isn't good to put a pressure back into the line so you would have to run a 1-way valve or something to only allow vac and no boost. I could simply add a port straight across no problem is someone requested. You get vac the way it is run with the air being drawn across the intake boot.

Well today I will put some more miles on it! Maybe drive out to the beach!

Seth

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
225 miles! Whoo hoooo did a little boost today! 5.35lbs lol I know I know not yet! But just did it once or twice but it is amazing! Tru-boost is set to 10psi (LO) 18psi (Hi) and seems to be working good. I set the spring pressure to 5 and it started to pop exactly at 5! A/F was 10.8 - 11 but I will wait till I really get after it to tune as that is reasonable but I will most likely have to open the AFM screw a bit.

Will be finishing break in and a few other things this week and hopefully be able to get after it a bit this weekend!

Cheers,
Seth

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Well update.

900 miles on the motor! Dynoed last night. Only did 347rwhp and 317rwtq at 17.2 psi.....but the catch is it made 17.2 psi at 6500rpm!!.....lol Damn boost controller. Well needless to say I thought I had it set at 18psi but I had it set at 18% aka 5.22psi.....DOH! So it was all boost creep that took it to 17.2psi. But now I got it setup right and it pulls 18psi at 3500rpm in 4th gear! So I will be going back soon and throughing down hopefull a few 400+rwhp runs! Finished pictures to come!

Seth

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Alright guys time for some updates!

Here are some new pictures of the of the supra with the new lip I installed this weekend, the whale tail, and my 18's!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1284506_1.jpg

p1284506_2.jpg

It will also soon be getting some other upgrades in the form of one of my new CNCed manifolds, long runner fully custom exhaust manifold, GT35 size turbo, and a new exhaust system. All of my current setup is for sale.

Thanks for looking,
Seth

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Nice! Lookin' good buddy!:bigthumb: Those rims definately look better on your black car than they ever did on mine!:icon_razz

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Thanks Scott,and Tom!

Here are some new DYNO numbers from sat night, no 400rwhp pulls but not bad:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Vid:

And a mod list as of now:
-Stock head and exhaust manifold
-Upgraded 57 Trim CT
-Lex AFM, Walbro 550's, Aeromotive AFPR w/ Startlite lines, S-AFC tuned
-K$N FIPK
-Divorced 3" DP
-Full Mandrel 3" Exhaust built by Me
-Long Runner FFIM with 3.25" TB built by Me
-FMIC and 2.5" IC piping built by Me
-GReddy BOV
-2MM MHG w/ ARP's
-Treated pistons and ARP's throughout bottom end
-Fidanza mated to SPEC Stage 3+
-One-Piece driveshaft

The new parts are on the way! So soon there will be more progress!

Seth