S2 Now makes Carbon doors :)

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
zdaeng said:
Why wait for S2 when you can by this from Yahoo! Japan directly. Check out the link below and the price is 140,000YEN for L & R. :bigthumb:

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b77890182

Codos good find:thumbup:

Here is my 2 cents, Cf is a love or hate relationship so to the Cf haters this thread isn’t for you so STOP READING IT. Go change your oil or something . This thread doesn’t need to be 1000 pgs long about you not liking it or about safety. Ever think it is for looks? Speaking first hand, I wrapped my 87 supra around a light pole at 90 mph and my passenger and I both walked away from it, so I know how safe the doors are on our cars is.
Great find by SupraOfDoom, now lets (lover of CF) put heads together to find out pricing, availability, shipping, lead time, any discounts with multiple orders, all that fun stuff. Again my 2 cents

We dont need more of this ::fundy::

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
92nsx said:
Codos good find:thumbup:

Here is my 2 cents, Cf is a love or hate relationship so to the Cf haters this thread isn’t for you so STOP READING IT. Go change your oil or something . This thread doesn’t need to be 1000 pgs long about you not liking it or about safety. Ever think it is for looks? Speaking first hand, I wrapped my 87 supra around a light pole at 90 mph and my passenger and I both walked away from it, so I know how safe the doors are on our cars is.
Great find by SupraOfDoom, now lets (lover of CF) put heads together to find out pricing, availability, shipping, lead time, any discounts with multiple orders, all that fun stuff. Again my 2 cents

We dont need more of this ::fundy::

You know, with a little driving skill and some common sense, that whole situation could have been avoided. But then again, if you hadn't wrecked, you wouldn't have gained such an extensive knowledge of carbon fiber and it's structural integrity.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
EdgeSupra said:
You know, with a little driving skill and some common sense, that whole situation could have been avoided. But then again, if you hadn't wrecked, you wouldn't have gained such an extensive knowledge of carbon fiber and it's structural integrity.

yes learded lots for the crash, and many have been avoided. thanks EdgeSupra 4 seeing that.:icon_bigg on the other note, I know shit about Cf, breaking point or it's structural integrity. I do know i like the way it looks so i would buy lots of it if i had the chance. if fact i would make a supra out of it like the mclaren f1 and do a burn out in your driveway. JK all in fun. Also i think you people too my 2 cent the wrong way.:nono: Cf doors = not as safe as OEM.
OEM = safe, my first had experance. And ya probley a good thing i dont have my nsx, because it would turn into a bunch of beer cans when a light pole is meet at 90 mph.:naughty:

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
EdgeSupra said:
You know, with a little driving skill and some common sense, that whole situation could have been avoided.
This from the person who not so long ago wrote off his Supra...

Ian, looking to compare to the Datsun?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
mkIIIman089 said:

Colin: Yep just curious I know what my impact was and I know how strong the Datto was built so really want to see pics of the Mk3/90mph impact.

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
mkIIIman089 said:

Right, because that whole thing was my fault. And if you didn't catch that, my entire statement was completely sarcastic:biglaugh:

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Ok, since i havent heard from anyone else about their S2 connections, i will exercise my speaking abilities and attempt to contact S2. Wish me luck, ganbarimasu!!

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
I'm working on the letter, there are a couple sentences i needed help structuring (cuz i haven't quite MASTERED the language yet) so i mailed it to my sister in law (Japanese desu) to help out, so i should be able to fire it off today or tomorrow

Spaniard

Banned
Oct 21, 2005
La pearla PR
suprflyusmc1 said:
They're good looking, but I don't think safety is the first thing they had in mind when designing these doors.

I dont think it's very hard to understand. I have been working with CF for the last two year (not a long time, but shit it's not that hard to figure out) and CF is strong but only in the right direction and design. I just made an airfoil for a lab prjoect I have at school and the damn thing was unstable and shit cause i designed the interior incorrectly (lamens terms). Without the right design to withstand an impact, your screwed, plain and simple. Besides, why do you think the factory door is so heavy? uh....cause it needs to hold back a car from T-bone'ing your ass. I had a nissan 240 s14 with CF doors, awesome doors. They look nice, they are lightweight, I even put my factory speakers and all in them. But shit, when i drifting into a barrier of hay blocks, it smashed my passanger door and it freaking shattered. There is even a Best Motoring video of a Nissan 350Z with full CF doors that gets crashed during touge testing and the damn door nearly flew off. I'll see if I can dig up the video. I say to anyone that picks these set of CF doors, if you want to live through a crash and walk away...get a roll cage or some sort. No if's or and's about it.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
What a co-inky-dink i'm a Spaniard too!!

Anyways, we've been saying that over and over through this thread. We've already covered that, we're past that point.
Hey, if anyone reads this thread and don't like carbon or want the doors, cool, let it go. As of now, us who do want them or working on getting them.

And yes, our cars have or are getting cages, complete with x bars across the doors believe it or not!