suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
IJ. said:
This was posted as a joke right???

Either that or you're 12 years old...... :nono:

No, I'm not 12...yet.

Dude tell me that the carbon fiber pieces for most guys aren't just for looks.

No one ever tricks out their ride to impress their friends, right?

At least some of it is outdoing your buddies, that's all I'm saying. If carbon fiber added weight after it was all said and done, I'd probably still buy it.

At least I'm being honest.

Seems like everybody is so afraid to admit to what they like, for fear of getting flamed. Go ahead flame me, I don't care.

So just call me tacky, I like carbon fiber, especially kevlar :madfawk: This is Supramania, people love to get the flame-thrower out.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Sorry I've never built a car to impress anyone other than me.....

Car parts as a fashion statement is a joke.

I'm not going to flame anyone I have no idea what makes you think I would in this case my question was serious.

For me it's always been "Form Follows Function"

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
IJ. said:

Car parts as a fashion statement is a joke.

For me it's always been "Form Follows Function"

That's cool, I think we all build them for ourselves, first and formost, but it's nice to get positive reactions from other people. I think it makes most people feel good when their work is noticed and appreciated.

As far as car parts as a fashion statement being a joke, that's cool too, some people feel differently and that doesn't make them idiots or jokes. We all have our own reasoning for what, and why, we do what we do. It takes all kinds. :icon_bigg

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
IJ. said:

Car parts as a fashion statement is a joke...

then again, you are ~2X the age of the average SM member....diff generations....

i agree, my car is for ME. not some idiot ricer on teh intarneets.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
That yahoo page is interesting but i'd be hesitant before going out and buying a $1,400 part based on someone's recomendation that has one post and joined yesterday. I'm not trying to rip on you, but its just kinda.... yeah. Anyways, once i get onto my laptop, i can email the yahoo japan sellers in nihongo and see what they have to say!

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
IJ. said:
Vas: LOL far from it I'm just an old car guy ;)

lol IJ, I tried giving you fame you didn't want it ;)

probably would've been better to have thrown "In Australia" in my last statement :)