S2 Now makes Carbon doors :)

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
rodel;846691 said:
Not hating on any individual player, but hating on the MKIII Supra game, how many will really step up to $1200...maybe even $1400/$1500/$1600/$1700 (including shipping) for CF doors??? The only pricepoint at which an adequate number of buyers will participate in a CF door group buy is $120 shipped. :momaru:

The SAME people that would flip the coin to have an expert like John Reed come and tune their car. In the MKIII world. Far and few inbetween unfortunatly. :cry:

This is nothing new though. This intrest != buying mentality has been going on for quite some time and it will never change nuless, the MKIII supra apreciates to 50k usd. Then you will start seeing parts being bought. But until then. Welcome to inexpensive used car world!

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
I sent them 3 emails and got no response EVER! I guess all I can do is call them. I can carry a decent conversation in japanese but I dont know if i'll be able to carry a business conversation. I could buy my Japanese friend a calling card and have her talk directly to them.
Thats what I found, for a very technology oriented country most Japanese companies dont tend to their emails very well, lol. I had to call Taka Kaira to get any kind of business done and I had to call Fujitsubo to get any figures on their G20 exhaust.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Oh... duh...

Oh well... specially made widebody... stock(ish) stying... heck yes!

Translated Rear:

Originally the rear fender of 70 [supura] which excessively do not have the blister impression in comparison with the front wide blister conversion.There is a standardized impression in the front normal.One side approximately 4-5cm wide

Translated Front:

It is the front wide fender.One side approximately 3.5cm wide. As for 70 [supura] when the 9J wheel is worn on the front, the inside rim interferes.It is the wide fender in order to wear 9J on the front.It is the fender lower part duct attachment.(As for aluminum net it does not belong)

Does this mean for 4-5cm wider rear and 3.5cm wider front than the standard MA70 body? Cuz... that's kinda... alot, I think? With that much more width, 10.5" rims and 11.5" rims are probably mountable.

Sorry for the highjack... just wondering.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Keros;986137 said:
http://s2.supra.gr.jp/products_04style.html

Is that... a carbon fiber widebody kit?

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Here's my life savings, I'll take one of everything!

big negative duck dodgers!

that is Fiberglass re-enforced siding. No CF there. Anyway, MVP attemtped a group buy and the same thing happened. So they carry a couple of the smaller items but none of the nicer looking items.

thinking on these doors. Mass = more sound deading. I can only imagine the noise that will come through that. Hell minus well just do it right and flip the coin for straight cut gears in the tranny!

Last edited:

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Wiisass;986141 said:
It's says FRP next to each of the fenders.

Ha haa, he got you there. Eh, widebody, where's the real function in that? Our cars are widebody already. Have you seen the 2.0L Supra?! Pitiful excuse of a Supra that is

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
figgie;990523 said:
I see lots of talk going on here....

but is anyone going to actually purchase this or is this another "all talk, no walk" thread?

I don't think I need to draw you a diagram to figure that one out.