S2 Now makes Carbon doors :)

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
SupraOfDoom said:
Cage + Leaving Targa on... np.

must be 8 point minimum. Anything else is an excersice in a failure in geometry.

I love how people talk about weight reduction yet we have yet to see any SERIOUS power out of these motors yet.

oh well

I still think it is a silly idea if the intrusion bar/crash beam is not there. I don't care if CF is stronger. Unlike metal that absorbs and crumples. CF shatters and when that happens no energy absorption happens, meaning there is roughly about 2 feet of air cushioning the car and the human body. Yeah...... I will lose the 10th of a second and crank the boost up instead.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
figgie said:
must be 8 point minimum. Anything else is an excersice in a failure in geometry.

I love how people talk about weight reduction yet we have yet to see any SERIOUS power out of these motors yet.

oh well

I still think it is a silly idea if the intrusion bar/crash beam is not there. I don't care if CF is stronger. Unlike metal that absorbs and crumples. CF shatters and when that happens no energy absorption happens, meaning there is roughly about 2 feet of air cushioning the car and the human body. Yeah...... I will lose the 10th of a second and crank the boost up instead.

OKay you just said everything I wanted to say. I'll have a nice day. Thanks.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well think of it these way thing if you had cage and all teh weight then you really really have a tank all you whould really need is cannon on the roof

IJ. said:
So let me get this straight.......

All of the weight weenies are stripping their cars then adding a full cage?

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
Isn't there a chance that these are just for show and not for racing purposes?

The only cars I've seen with CF doors so bar have been either show cars or used for drifting