S2 Now makes Carbon doors :)

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I'm definitely interested, especially if they also come out with the inner skins. It would make a big difference to me if that was an individual price rather than for a pair.

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
Is there a US distributor that is in contact with S2? I see MVP has an S2 section on their site but of course, it's empty.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
SupraOfDoom said:
I'd still probably get the inside trim... I'd have my passenger do all the window work! :p

Also, I doubt its per door... but I guess we'll see.

if that isnt PER DOOR...thats an AMAZING PRICE for two full CF doors....:aigo:

as for the inside door skins...im assuming you mean door panels? if so the mk4 ones they have are very nice id be interested to see some for the mk3.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
EdgeSupra said:
Is there a US distributor that is in contact with S2? I see MVP has an S2 section on their site but of course, it's empty.

i know they tried (MVP) to do a group buy for mk3 owners awhile back but i think it fell through...i believe you CAN order things through them but obviously there will be some markup etc...

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
Grimsta said:
I can contact them. I speak japanese, i'd hella be into these. Maybe we can get a group buy goin? I could ask the company if they would be down for that. Who wants me to???

If you could get those intercooler airduct things for the front bumper that replaces the lower grill, that would be awesome too.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
if they are in Japan.

you should be able to order direct from them

only problem is the size of the parts will pickup a premium in shipping.

if it was small enough for EMS. I can place an order today and get it here by monday. I order alot of stuff direct from japan now a days! Thank you free trade agreement for not imposing tarrifs and taxes!!! :D

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
those are pretty sweet. i really like them, ive been jealous of the cf stuff for te mkiv for a long time.

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
SupraOfDoom said:
Yeah I ordered one of those through MVP along time ago and they canceled my order for some reason and refunded me... *Shrugs* I still do want one.

The intercooler airduct thingies? Those look pretty cool compared to the factory grill. I e-mailed them about it a while back, but never got a response.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I'm almost thinking of maybe telling the MKIV guys too.... do they have CF doors already? If they don't it would probably be easier to get a group buy going if a bunch of MKIV guys were ordering doors too.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
the weight is JUST the door, not all the inner workings which makes up most of the weight (glass is heavy)

inner door panels for LHD and RHD are the SAME, that trim part where the windows switches are is a seperate piece

CF is VERY strong in cases like this (F1 cars have no issues using a full CF shell around the driver now), but only if it's made right. IIRC we don't have huge crash bars in our doors.

The side trim on the door is held on mostly by adhesive anyway...

I like S2's stuff a lot, it's just getting it here...

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Looking at carbon doors and their prices for evos/wrx's, my guess is that the $1100 pricetag is PER door....

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
We are trying :). I'm hoping if there is interest we can run a long window group buy for people to gather some money.... but we still have to find out a lot more before we can think of that.

And if they are per door... shit looks like I might have to sell my 87t.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Slow66 said:
Looking at carbon doors and their prices for evos/wrx's, my guess is that the $1100 pricetag is PER door....
Ditto..

A lot of $$$ for a small weight saving as the bare steel doors aren't that heavy. (it's all the crap inside that weighs a tonne)