REIGN's REBUILD! Its a beautiful thing... (THAT IS FOR SALE) =(

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Zavs, it looks like alluminum shavings and some plastic and rtv silicone... Who knows... Im sure whatever it is, it's been replaced or is being replaced... All my bearings looks 100%... Justin saw them today, and he commented how they werent stock Toyota bearings... My feeling is this: I believe this motor WAS rebuilt, however someone along the chain is lying about what was done... Either the shop lied to the previous owner and they never put forged internals in, OR, the previous owner lied to me about the internals... Someone lied, thats all I know for sure... This is one reason why I'll never buy a "built" motor/car again... At least if I ever sell this car, I can show actual pictures of the build process... But I dont think this car will ever be sold :D:D:D

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
same here i dont think im gonna be lettin my MKIII go.........ever, put too much time and effort into it now, and im not done yet, how long u thinkin its gonna take to be back up and kickin ass??

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
jake i would say you pulled the motor at the optimum time by the look of

a: before any of those bits on the oil pump screen found there way to somewhere they was not wanted and bang

b: before that head started to give you any trouble

c: i have hks head gaskets and cant remember finding anything on them when pullin the engine apart that states it but as you puttin new one on dont really matter now does it ;)

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Bigzavs said:
how long u thinkin its gonna take to be back up and kickin ass??
As long as it takes Zavs, as long as it takes... :bigthumb:

group a supra said:
dont really matter now does it ;)
Point taken, lol... :biglaugh: Yeah, its always better to do this when you WANT to do it rather than when you HAVE to do it... It's also more fun, because you know you're gunna be gettin better, stronger and faster... I cant wait till she's all pretty and shining again like she did 19 years ago!

C

cnewingham

I have just the cams you need for sale. 1 of only 3 in the u.s. HKS Cams. they are in the f.s. section if interested. I am begining my rebuild also but I only want 500rwhp so the cams would do me no good. Also you block looks in good shape for all that power and then finding out it was stock and not forged. Very impressed.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Thanks Ham, probably saved it by doing the tear down so soon... I only got a few weeks of fun fun power before this project began, lol... I saw you were sellin those cams, I was like, WHAT? Why are you sellin them? I would love to get them, but I have to see how the budget lays out... I mean, I know guys like Neely and the orange MKIII in Vegas are doing monster power on stock cams, so its possible to do big power on stockers... I dont wanna promise anything, BUT, your price is VERY fair and if no one snatches them up, we'll talk about it later, for sure!

C

cnewingham

I am only looking for 500rwhp which is why I am selling them. I have still been contemplating on keeping them due to the fact I know I will never have another chance to own a pair again. I am in no hurry to sale them either. How much boost were you running on that motor? What were you using for fuel mgmt?

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
23.5psi of boost on a TiAL 38mm wg... F/M was done with a VPC and SAFC2... I really didnt even need the SAFC until I got over 20psi of boost... And by the time that REALLY needed to get kicked in, I ran out of injectors, lol... *no more fuel from the 550s*

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Im debating that right now... If I should do the springs and retainers...

Meaning: whats the benefit of going with Farrea springs and retainers? Is it worth the $500-$600 dollars?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I did ;)

"is it worth the money"?

dunno Jake a few of the guys are running a BBC Inner spring so that would save plenty of $, I figured I'd come this far so I may as well get a matching set of components.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Sorry Jake had a look and can't find it again!

It was either Figgie, Chevy Eater or Adjuster that was using them.

I'm not sure of the seat pressures at installed height so no idea how much of an upgrade they'll be.

If you had new Toyota Springs I'd say don't bother but with your old ones they can and do lose seat pressure (They don't have a lot to start with) so I'd look at replacing them even for the stock redline!

(Another thing to consider is you'll be running a SHITLOAD of boost/flow to make 700 at stock redline so you need to add that into the spring pressures as it acts on the back side of the intakes trying to force them open)

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE FINE FINE...

*slouches and makes that grumbly voice* I'll upgrade the springggggs... *shruggs*

LOL! I guess I'll look around to see who I can get the springs from...

*BTW: I know yur right IJ, it's just in my nature to argue, just a little bit, lol*